Shanghai Disneyland Grand Opening AMA

BrianLo

Original Poster
So now that we're less than 7 days until official opening, figured I'd open things up. Any burning things you want to know and or see, I don't mind snapping a photo or two along the way.

Of course I'll be back with opinions and probably cross post a comment or two in the Spirited thread. I'll also try using spoiler tags for anything major.

One thing I'll be getting to the bottom of first: Does the resort have free wifi and does it work....?

brb1006

Besides Mickey & Friends, I wonder if they will have a certain area for meet and greets for other Disney characters?

No Name

Oooh. I have a few things. I put them in order from most to least important to me. But really, please don't be bogged down by this. Most of my questions are queue-related, so if you happen to be bored on a long line and see anything interesting, and want to take a pic, that'd be appreciated.

- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train queue (particularly whether it's the same as MK's or not)

- Roaring Rapids queue

- Anything interesting that appears on the ceiling of Soarin's queue (I saw a pic of a clouds in the shape of a big eagle, or some bird. Also saw a snake).

- Star Wars launch bay (anything particularly interesting).

- Explorer canoes (anything interesting along the "ride" or the queue).

- Anything particularly interesting you see in the queues or really anywhere.

I hope you enjoy your trip. Less than 28 hours (I think) till it opens!

Last edited:

Herbie

"Exchange greetings and possibly see a famous orangutan, sloth bear, lion and other classic Disney Characters! Happy Circle is a special jungle meeting place where native Arbori musicians play tribal rhythms—and extraordinary animated stars from classic Disney films such as The Jungle Book and The Lion King appear at select times to entertain you." via official website

Simba does meet-and-greets? o:

begood524

Tomorrowland at night, specifically the color-changing of the whole land. Also POVs of the Jetpacks and Roaring Rapids where all of the effects are properly working and the work lights aren't on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom