Shanghai Disneyland closes due to outbreak of a pneumonia-like illness in China

BrianLo

I would not cancel unless it’s literally still closed for any of your travel dates. Perhaps morbid, but after an event like this, where tourism will be quite severely impacted, but the actual infrastructure is fine... you’ll all have a wonderful time with low crowds.

Also as mentioned in other parts of the board, the current outbreak is not geographically anywhere near either park.

I had a trip booked pre Fukushima and watched with baited breath as the parks were also indefinitely closed. We went about 3 weeks after it reopened and it was a remarkably wonderful trip. Countries need tourism especially after something of this scale. I feel and understand your collective worry though!

TTA94

I know it’s a horrible thing what’s going on over there but I’m worried what this will do to the current projects going on in the US parks. I’d be surprised if things do not trickle down.

Lilofan

I know it’s a horrible thing what’s going on over there but I’m worried what this will do to the current projects going on in the US parks. I’d be surprised if things do not trickle down.
That's a given. - Projects slowing down, limited parks and resorts offerings, cast member work hours and jobs affected.

IanDLBZF

WHO declared coranovirus a public health emergency.

Also, Tokyo Disney Resort has suspended face character meets effective immediately until further notice.

techgeek

This afternoon both Delta and American Airlines announced suspension of flights to mainland China, effective within the next few days and ongoing through at least the end of March (March 28th for American, April 30th for Delta).

Looks like this is going to become a long-duration event.

IanDLBZF

Since the last update, Hong Kong Disneyland closed TWO of their THREE hotels with only HK Disneyland Hotel remaining in operation.
Sounds like the HK government wants to use the hotels as quarantine centers too...

IanDLBZF

We really need to keep a close eye on the Coronavirus situation in Europe, especially if Disneyland Paris has impacts.
Delta is already waiving cancellation fees for Italy.

We may have to also watch if this impacts Europa, Alton Towers (who opens their theme park next week), and Walibi (whose parks are closed until April) as well.

Last edited:

pierrecanal75

We really need to keep a close eye on the Coronavirus situation in Europe, especially if Disneyland Paris has impacts.
Delta is already waiving cancellation fees for Italy.

We may have to also watch if this impacts Europa, Alton Towers (who opens their theme park next week), and Walibi (whose parks are closed until April) as well.
Same for Tokyo Disneyland

Ismael Flores

I would not cancel unless it’s literally still closed for any of your travel dates. Perhaps morbid, but after an event like this, where tourism will be quite severely impacted, but the actual infrastructure is fine... you’ll all have a wonderful time with low crowds.

Also as mentioned in other parts of the board, the current outbreak is not geographically anywhere near either park.

I had a trip booked pre Fukushima and watched with baited breath as the parks were also indefinitely closed. We went about 3 weeks after it reopened and it was a remarkably wonderful trip. Countries need tourism especially after something of this scale. I feel and understand your collective worry though!

Agree, i Actually purposely booked a trip back to Egypt after the tourist bus bombings knowing that the coutnry would need the tourism and that tourism would be low. That made for some great time in several of the sites with little to no crowds. Its always great to be able to walk thru the Valley of the Queen and Valley of the Kings and have the tombs to yourself.

Lilofan

Agree, i Actually purposely booked a trip back to Egypt after the tourist bus bombings knowing that the coutnry would need the tourism and that tourism would be low. That made for some great time in several of the sites with little to no crowds. Its always great to be able to walk thru the Valley of the Queen and Valley of the Kings and have the tombs to yourself.
Shortly after 9/11, WDW was a ghost town and you could have the park it seems to yourself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom