Shades of Green

rle4lunch

Hi everyone. This is my inagural thread. I know that reviews have been posted about SOG resort, but I was wondering if anyone had stayed there recently. My wife and I are planning our trip for this December and we're going to reserve one of the 8 person suites since we have extended family coming down with us.

Does anyone know what the new amenities look like and are there any drawbacks to staying there? I've stayed at multiple moderate and deluxe resorts before but this will be the first time at SOG. So far, the price point has me sold to use that resort from now on, before even staying there for a first time.

Your responses are appreciated. Thanks in advance!

mouse_luv

Hi everyone. This is my inagural thread. I know that reviews have been posted about SOG resort, but I was wondering if anyone had stayed there recently. My wife and I are planning our trip for this December and we're going to reserve one of the 8 person suites since we have extended family coming down with us.

Does anyone know what the new amenities look like and are there any drawbacks to staying there? I've stayed at multiple moderate and deluxe resorts before but this will be the first time at SOG. So far, the price point has me sold to use that resort from now on, before even staying there for a first time.

Your responses are appreciated. Thanks in advance!

My family has stayed there many times due to the fact that my dad is USAF retired. It's a lovely resort. I have stayed there before and after the renovation. I must tell you that we had no idea that it had been renovated before our last trip in 2009 and let me tell you, I swore we accidentally pulled into the Wilderness Lodge. At least from the outside. The grounds are beautiful, it's spacious. The rooms are really nice and large. I am a Disney fanatic and I never feel as if I'm not at Disney World when I am there. If you don't feel like waiting on a SOG bus it's easy peasy to take the Shady shuttle to the end of the grounds to walk across to the Poly for food or to get a monorail to MK or TTC. The TTC is also not too far a walk over the Poly grounds, and you can catch buses, ferries, and Monorails from there. Honestly, I have no real complaints. My family is even going back this summer. :D:D If you have anymore questions feel free to reply to this thread or send me a message on here.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom