Shades of Green type resort in Shanghai?

darrelljon

Original Poster
Would there ever be a Shades of Green type Resort in Shanghai for over two million serving members of the Chinese People's Liberation Army?

lazyboy97o

The People's Government of Shanghai Municipality is majority owner of the Shanghai Disney Resort. If the People's Liberation Army wants a hotel it would be traded as part of internal Party dealings, not anything involving Disney. It is also not a Walt Disney World sized plot of land, so the People's Liberation Army could more easily just acquire a plot of land right next door. Even then, I don't see the People's Liberation Army as the sort of organization that is trying to drum up perks to encourage recruits.

darrelljon

Original Poster
Googled and came up with
Shanghai Shendi (Group) Co., Ltd. is a 100% state-owned, joint venture investment holding company formed by three sponsors - Shanghai Lujiazui (Group) Co., Ltd., Shanghai Radio, Film and Television Development Co., Ltd., and Jinjiang International Group Holding Company.​
I guess that means we might yet see a Disney perks in Shanghai to the Chinese army?

GiveMeTheMusic

Googled and came up with
Shanghai Shendi (Group) Co., Ltd. is a 100% state-owned, joint venture investment holding company formed by three sponsors - Shanghai Lujiazui (Group) Co., Ltd., Shanghai Radio, Film and Television Development Co., Ltd., and Jinjiang International Group Holding Company.​
I guess that means we might yet see a Disney perks in Shanghai to the Chinese army?

I'm racking my brain here and I can't quite understand why you're even asking this kind of question. Are you in the Chinese army and need a discount to visit Shanghai Disneyland?

lazyboy97o

Googled and came up with
The Party and State are not the single minded monolith of Western imagination. The ownership is held by Shanghai and not the Central Government. There was also a concerted effort through the 1990s to spin off the People’s Liberation Army’s commercial enterprises. Just last year, in response to the country’s debt issues, many state enterprises were reorganized to refocus on their various core competencies with real estate being a big area that many companies had wondered into.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom