Shades of Green - groceries

Noellikechristmas

Original Poster
I've tried to find information on this, but info is very limited.

I've gotten garden grocer before at POR and I know they deliver to SOG, but I've been told SOG has very good and cheap store that has a lot of the essentials I would order from garden grocer. I'm told they carry the breakfast goods and snacks I want, but what I was really wondering was if they have a decent variety of beverages in bulk, like a case of water, or any drinks in bulk, Starbucks drinks, OJ, yogurts, fresh fruit.

Trying to figure out what would be cheaper. Buying garden grocer or a combo of packing some dry good and the store at SOG? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

NiarrNDisney

SoG does have a small AAFES Exchange that has beverages, snacks, alcohol and other sundries. The prices are way less than you will find at any resort "sundries" store since it is owned and run by AFFES (BX,NEX,PX etc.) You will need to show a Armed Forces or DoD I.D. to shop there and as for bulk items the last time I was there (Dec. 2015) I noticed 6 packs of water and 6 packs of beer in the back refrigerated section though there may have been more but I wasn't really paying attention.

Edit: You may want to look up AFFES Exchange Shades of Green in Images it gives you a pretty good idea of what the store offers.

a2grafix

I'm told they carry the breakfast goods and snacks I want, but what I was really wondering was if they have a decent variety of beverages in bulk, like a case of water, or any drinks in bulk, Starbucks drinks, OJ, yogurts, fresh fruit.

The Exchange store has cases of water, but I have not seen any drinks in bulk. They have a wide selection of beers, soft drinks, OJ, PowerAde, Gatorade, lemonade, iced tea, sweet tea, milk, and a selection of beers and wines, hard liquors in the coolers in the back of the Exchange store. If you are familiar, it's sort of like a Class Six.

You can also purchase yogurts, Starbucks premade chilled drinks as well as orange juice or other juices.

Get this, if you wait in line at the Java Café near the lobby the barista can make you any selection of Starbucks coffees you normally drink. The Java Café was the first coffee stand on WDW property to serve Starbucks products. The Java Café even serves the fruit yogurt parfaits. The Express Café in the basement near the buses also serves yogurt parfaits.

Unless you have a strict dietary regimen I don't believe you would have to order groceries to have them delivered.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom