Shades of Green Adds New Suite

WDWBigEd

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Shades of Green (Military Resort) has added a new Magnolia Suite. Video tour of the room is linked below. The Suite rate is $469.00 per night.

"Our NEW Magnolia suite is just steps away from our two swimming pools, playground, Magnolia Spa and Evergreens Sports Bar.

The generous (1,800 sq ft) suite has an incredible panoramic view overlooking the Disney Magnolia Golf Course from the comfort of your patio. The living room, with a sectional sofa and a 75” flat screen TV, provides ample space for family gatherings. The adjacent dining area has room to accommodate 8-10 comfortably. Although the kitchen does not have a stove, it is equipped with a full size refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, upgraded coffee maker, and dishes. A half bathroom is located near the laundry room that is furnished with a full size washer and dryer.

The two bedroom suite has two queen-sized beds and a single size sleeper sofa in each room with adjacent bathroom. One of the bathrooms has a stand-up shower and the other bathroom has a tub/shower combination. The suite can accommodate up to 10 people."

Video tour of the room:

About Shades of Green - Located on the grounds of Walt Disney World Resort outside Orlando, Florida, Shades of Green is a peaceful haven nestled between two PGA championship golf courses with easy access to world-class theme park entertainment. Shades of Green has nearly 600 oversized guestrooms and suites reserved exclusively for military service members, families and sponsored guests.

The Grand Inquisitor

Ni
Shades of Green (Military Resort) has added a new Magnolia Suite. Video tour of the room is linked below. The Suite rate is $469.00 per night.

"Our NEW Magnolia suite is just steps away from our two swimming pools, playground, Magnolia Spa and Evergreens Sports Bar.

The generous (1,800 sq ft) suite has an incredible panoramic view overlooking the Disney Magnolia Golf Course from the comfort of your patio. The living room, with a sectional sofa and a 75” flat screen TV, provides ample space for family gatherings. The adjacent dining area has room to accommodate 8-10 comfortably. Although the kitchen does not have a stove, it is equipped with a full size refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, upgraded coffee maker, and dishes. A half bathroom is located near the laundry room that is furnished with a full size washer and dryer.

The two bedroom suite has two queen-sized beds and a single size sleeper sofa in each room with adjacent bathroom. One of the bathrooms has a stand-up shower and the other bathroom has a tub/shower combination. The suite can accommodate up to 10 people."

Video tour of the room:

About Shades of Green - Located on the grounds of Walt Disney World Resort outside Orlando, Florida, Shades of Green is a peaceful haven nestled between two PGA championship golf courses with easy access to world-class theme park entertainment. Shades of Green has nearly 600 oversized guestrooms and suites reserved exclusively for military service members, families and sponsored guests.

Nice! I stayed there in 2004 thanks to going with my Grandpa who served in the Army as a Doctor back in Vietnam. I hope to serve in the Army soon as well.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Gorgeous room! wonder if they will be giving the resort an overhaul with the 50th just around the corner.

Huh ? I take it you havent stayed there in the past 5 years.

They just had two major renovations 2016 for 7.6 million and 2018 for
● New flooring
● Modern finishes
● Low-voltage LED lighting fixtures
● Fresh paint and wall coverings

I stay there three or for weeks a year and its very nice. I was fortunate that my last visit overlapped with ROTR's opening so we rode on the second day of operation.

ppete1975

I thought it was cheaper or free for certain service members. Or is it any service member can stay there and its around the same price as other hotels just more exclusive and more to do there (golf courses etc)
For some reason I thought it was like a gift to the military with a waiting list.

KellBelle

I thought it was cheaper or free for certain service members. Or is it any service member can stay there and its around the same price as other hotels just more exclusive and more to do there (golf courses etc)
For some reason I thought it was like a gift to the military with a waiting list.
From what I have found, it is based on your current rank, or rank at retirement. There are 3 categories of cost. I did not see anything that was free, but there very well could be and it just does not apply to my family. Still, considering the proximity to Magic Kingdom and room size, I am very pleased with the rates for the category we fall under. :)

ppete1975

From what I have found, it is based on your current rank, or rank at retirement. There are 3 categories of cost. I did not see anything that was free, but there very well could be and it just does not apply to my family. Still, considering the proximity to Magic Kingdom and room size, I am very pleased with the rates for the category we fall under. :)
I think its a great program and well deserved. And prob should be even more subsidized to make it even cheaper for the people that qualify. :)
I just read up on it since I was wrong about the cost, appears Disney owns the land but the actual facility is owned by the us DOD.

WDWBigEd

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I think its a great program and well deserved. And prob should be even more subsidized to make it even cheaper for the people that qualify. :)
I just read up on it since I was wrong about the cost, appears Disney owns the land but the actual facility is owned by the us DOD.

Yes the land is owned by Disney. Shades of Green is an Armed Forces Recreation Centers (AFRCs) provide rest, relaxation, recreation and sustainment for military personnel, their families and other members of the Total Defense Force. Owned and operated by the US Army. SOG is NAF (Non-Appropriated Funds) so they do not get money from the government. All money taken in by all 4 AFRC locations (Florida, Hawaii, South Korea, & Germany) are shared between them to operate and for any improvements.

Side note: there are two current proposals to expand at Florida and Hawaii only one will be able to expand and studies are being done right now to decide who will be able to. Hopefully it will be here in Florida as SOG fills up almost a year in advance now.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Considering it's a former Deluxe-class Disney hotel (huge rooms, right on the golf course and a short walk to the Poly monorail station), the prices they charge are quite a bargain already.

lazyboy97o

Side note: there are two current proposals to expand at Florida and Hawaii only one will be able to expand and studies are being done right now to decide who will be able to. Hopefully it will be here in Florida as SOG fills up almost a year in advance now.
Are there any public documents on the expansion proposals?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom