Trip Report SGTMGD 11-16 SEPT MNSSHP TRIP

Good Morning everyone,

Im going to start this off with our Arrival at WDW..we landed at MCO around 1PM on 11 SEPT and headed down to catch the DME that was such a wonderful sight to see..at this point the reality that we are here finally sets in and I feel that familiar warmth settle into my body.
DME.JPG

A 40 minute ride to Animal Kingdom Lodge which Id never seen in person so I was quite excited to see it..the 1st stop was to Jambo House which is housed in the main complex..driving up to it the outside was quite impressive and well themed..after a brief stop we headed to Kidani Village..OK my very 1st impressions upon seeing the outside of Kidani Village was less than overwhelming..compared to Jambo house the Kidani Village pales in comparason..not that its ugly or anything wrong..I guess I just expected more..when I exited the bus there was a CM waiting for us stating you must be the Deblois Party "Jambo" nice touch..he ushered into the lobby which was quite beatiful.. I could see the Savanannah straight ahead..the Check-in area is to the right and the gift shop on the left..I could see the sign for Sanaa as well. Our CM told us to have a seat and he would fetch our welcome packet and KTTW cards..Nikki and the Kids went off to the gift shop for the 1st Pin trading of the trip. Once I had everything I found the Pin traders and was informed by Nikki that the "Pin King" makes daily appearances at Jambo House at 3PM each day as it was 2:15 ...we went to the room to drop off our carry-on's and the Kids and I headed to the pool for 90 minutes while the Pin King was going to get a visit from the Pin Queen at 3PM!

Kidani Village is basically 2 wings that wrap around...looking toward the Savannah we were on the right wing and therefore closer to the Bus stop but further from the pool. The inside of Kidani Village is well themed..when we opened the door to our 2 beadroom villa i was quite pleased with what I saw..the washer and dryer and 1 full bathroon are on either side of the door..the kitchen is on the right..the living room is dead center..Master Beadroom on the right..guset Bedroom on the left with another full bathroom..all wonderfully themed..the master bathroom adjacent to the Master beadroom was FANTASTIC..Jetted tub..Oversized Shower ALL GLASS with a bench built into the wall but only one sink..but it was large and a place that could provide it's own entertainment..

The Bed was comfortable..the rooms are indeed dark..the lights dont help a lot..but opening all the blinds will if the sun is out...

Balcony view..the savannah is in front of you and there are several animals to see..quite an interesting view during the day..However at night you cant see a thing...I know you can get Night Vision until 9PM or so but IM not in the room genrally speaking at 9 PM
Im going to uplaod a short video that shows the room

I enjoyed ALK but it certainly didnt change my mind about the Boardwalk..still the best resort on property for us at least!

AKL Mouse ears.JPG

KP.JPG

KPP.JPG

KPS.JPG

We meet up with Nikki in the lobby at 430 to get ready to head to DTD and await the arrivial of the kids grandmother..they had no idea she was coming..and dinner with T-REX at 7.

The Pool was great..huge slide, lots of activities each hour including a 3 PM Pool Party with games..both kids got prizes for hula hooping...there is also a bar/food bar at the pool

sgtmgd

Original Poster
Video of the Room

Dinner at T-REX was fantastic..food is very good IMO..and perhaps the best themed eatery at Disney

TR.JPG

Apps

TR Apps.JPG

The Flat bread was oh soo good but everything was tasty

TR MC#1.JPG

Nikki had the Tilapia, Ethan..well chicken nuggets (LOL HAtter)

TR MC#2.JPG

Jamie had the Rib/Chicken Combo and Vikki had the Shrimp Scampi I believe

TR Nachos.JPG

Nachos for me and they are yummy

TR Desert #1.JPG

Nikki and Ethan spilt the brownie thing..

TR Desert #2.JPG

Jamie and Grandma the volcano Ice cream thing

Key Lime Pie.JPG

I had the Key Lime pie with rasberry drizzle and OMG was it ever good..!!!

that pretty much completed day 1 folks...day two starts at Donalds Safari Breakfast and ends at Fantasmic!

CtDisneyGuy33

Wow-

Ive never eaten here but the food looks awesome. A smokin Volcano dessert?? and the ribs/chicken plate is huge!! What was in that volcano dessert??????

Again, another restaurant I never think of but this site has made me aware. Awesome!

gboiler1

We tried the T Rex on our last trip. Fun to wander into the rooms and experience the meteor shower. We may have to make a return in October. Good tip on the flatbread...might have to go with it.

Can't wait to hear more!

epcotisbest

We were there at the same time. Did not go to T-Rex this trip, but the food the last time we were there was surprisingly good, with generous portions. We were initially seated in the glowing ice cave room, but I quickly got a headache in there and asked to be moved.
Good trip report and lovely family. Enjoying so far.

pumpkin7

We had a late lunch the one day at T Rex. Never been there before. James had the 'Gigantasaurus burger' and I had the lasagne and they were both super scrummy. One of the best meals we had on site. Would defo recommend to everyone!

sgtmgd

Original Poster
Wow-

Ive never eaten here but the food looks awesome. A smokin Volcano dessert?? and the ribs/chicken plate is huge!! What was in that volcano dessert??????

Again, another restaurant I never think of but this site has made me aware. Awesome!
It had 4 scopes of ice cream and 4 pieces of chocolate cake...lol I woul have joined them had I not been hankering for Key Lime Pie which was tremendous... T. rex also accepts the DDP all and all a great fun place to eat.. The meteor shower every 20 minutes is awesomeawesome

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom