Seven Dwarves Mine Train the longest Disney attraction ever created and constructed.

Tonka's Skipper

Correct, mostly.
It was designed years ago for both MK and Shanghai, but on a much grander scale. The decision to go with a less expensive FLE led to it being cut in favor of the elaborate M&Gs.
However, after it was revived it went through several rounds of cuts to its budget, scale and length, leaving us with the shorter and simpler version we see now.

Actually, considering how many changes it went through after being greenlit, it's a bit surprising it's not further behind schedule than it is. But, that said, it was an unnecessarily long construction schedule to begin with.

This sound about right. What I read was the smaller size was do to changes in the other parts of NFL and really made for big changes. I do remember reading that the swinging cars is new to WDW..it that correct?

AKK

Lee

Adventurer
This sound about right. What I read was the smaller size was do to changes in the other parts of NFL and really made for big changes. I do remember reading that the swinging cars is new to WDW..it that correct?

AKK
I don't think so. Far as I know that goes back to the early concepts almost a decade ago.

Note: For what it's worth, after today the ride is officially behind schedule.

Tonka's Skipper

I don't think so. Far as I know that goes back to the early concepts almost a decade ago.

Note: For what it's worth, after today the ride is officially behind schedule.

Well you right there......of course for many, myself included, it took way to long period!

AKK

sabbyxxo

Hey, it's a thrill knowing that the 2 hours you'll be spending in line has a positive outcome in the end. No more 2 minute rides! But- I hope they have more than one train on the tracks, like Thunder Mountain, which should speed up the time, obviously. Does anyone know?

I think they should expand Soarin' into THREE rooms. Crazy lines! Hmmmmmmmm, maybe the extra $2 added for parking tix will possibly be added for that?! Tehe :angelic:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Hey, it's a thrill knowing that the 2 hours you'll be spending in line has a positive outcome in the end. No more 2 minute rides! But- I hope they have more than one train on the tracks, like Thunder Mountain, which should speed up the time, obviously. Does anyone know?

I think they should expand Soarin' into THREE rooms. Crazy lines! Hmmmmmmmm, maybe the extra $2 added for parking tix will possibly be added for that?! Tehe :angelic:

Yes, there will be more then one train. I think someone figured out that they could run up to 5 trains at a time.

Lee

Adventurer

No more two-minute rides?
Oh, yes...there will be.

This one is barely more.

Sped2424

The track is so small I would think 3 would be the limit.

Mouse_Trap

Space Mountain in DLP maybe a better comparison then.
Built in two years and also onstage.

Somewhat different circumstances though......Euro Disney was then a massive white elephant and a financial disaster. The park needed big changes and show-piece attractions and boy it needed them fast.

Not quite the same position MK was in at the start of the mine trains construction.

I would also content that the external SM construction is a lot easier than 7DMT, a lot would have been fabricated off-site and just bolted together on-site. Once the shell was up then making progress was a lot easier, compared to 7DMT where much of the work has been external.

I'm not saying that it's construction has taken too long, but I can understand how a strong argument could have been make that the additional funding for a speedier construction just wasn't necessary.
I am certainly prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one, at least until it's opened and people can report on how it actually is. I really hope it's not a disappointment.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Somewhat different circumstances though......Euro..

I really hope it's not a disappointment.
No, very much the same. We were talking about access for construction. The dwarf train only became in the middle when they decided it should be. Until then it had direct backstage access. That cannot be attributed to the 32 months it has taken so far.

Disappointment? Depends what you think it will be like.

RSoxNo1

I'd say this was a stream of consciousness post, but I'm not sure I can prove that you were actual conscious.

FutureWorld1982

The dwarf train only became in the middle when they decided it should be. Until then it had direct backstage access.

That's something I don't think was mentioned before. How was that to be done? In a few words, where was it supposed to be located originally?

EDIT: Never mind, I see what you mean now. They didn't connect the Little Mermaid's area to Storybook Circus until "recently." My bad.

cw1982

Like I said... not sure how they got that number. I was just passing along what they said. I don't think it'll be that long either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom