Seven Dwarfs Minetrain Pov Video...

copcarguyp71

Theming seems great! It does seem rather short and kind of ho-hum on the thrill scale though. I guess it fits in with the rest of the rides in FL but I sort of hoped for more thrill to go along with the cute factor. This is all just based on the video of course but in my rundown I place it below BTMRR and ahead of POTC.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Theming seems great! It does seem rather short and kind of ho-hum on the thrill scale though. I guess it fits in with the rest of the rides in FL but I sort of hoped for more thrill to go along with the cute factor. This is all just based on the video of course but in my rundown I place it below BTMRR and ahead of POTC.
Remember that Fantasyland is targeted for little kids (or the little kid in all of us) and so the "thrill factor" is going to be tame.

copcarguyp71

Remember that Fantasyland is targeted for little kids (or the little kid in all of us) and so the "thrill factor" is going to be tame.

Yeah I get it...I guess I was just hoping that they would stretch a little farther towards the adults since there is sooo much for the kiddies there in FL already. It is not a total flop in my mind so don't get me wrong but I guess my aim was a little higher especially when they are competing with the park that shall not be named.

cynic710

i feel like it was edited a little, so hopefully its not as short as perceived. Going into this i understand that its geared for kids, so the thrill factor may equal that of splash mountain, but still, the theme quality is there and hey, its still something new to see!

donsullivan

Premium Member

It was never billed as a thrill ride. From the very start Imagineering and all of Disney have always stated that the 'thrill' level would be between Barnstormer and Big Thunder. Any other perspective was folks projecting what they wanted vs what Disney has always said it would be.

copcarguyp71

It was never billed as a thrill ride. From the very start Imagineering and all of Disney have always stated that the 'thrill' level would be between Barnstormer and Big Thunder. Any other perspective was folks projecting what they wanted vs what Disney has always said it would be.

Thrill is in the eye of the beholder too I guess. I was going on my own personal thoughts and not what it was designed to be. My point was that I would have liked to have seen more thrill out of it. It is what it is no matter what.

donsullivan

Premium Member
That's the part I don't understand, not just specifically yourself but so many others I see out there complaining about this attraction; that not a one of them have experienced yet by the way.

We've known exactly what it was going to be for many years now (look at all the complaints about construction timeline) and Disney has never been secretive about the 'thrill' level. I guess I just don't understand why so many continue to create disappointment for themselves about an attraction that has never been presented as high 'thrill' from the start. Why can't it be accepted for what it was designed to be- a well themed 'family' coaster based on a Disney Classic animated feature?

Ben_since_1971

That's the part I don't understand, not just specifically yourself but so many others I see out there complaining about this attraction; that not a one of them have experienced yet by the way.

We've known exactly what it was going to be for many years now (look at all the complaints about construction timeline) and Disney has never been secretive about the 'thrill' level. I guess I just don't understand why so many continue to create disappointment for themselves about an attraction that has never been presented as high 'thrill' from the start. Why can't it be accepted for what it was designed to be- a well themed 'family' coaster based on a Disney Classic animated feature?

Agreed 1,000%. I don't know where people got the idea this was going to be a coaster on par with any of the MK mountains (ok Splash isn't a coaster per se, but a thrill ride nonetheless). It is a HUGE upgrade over the old Snow White attraction. As much as I am a Disney traditionalist, Snow White's Scary Adventures was a simplistic dark ride and nothing more. I hadn't ridden it in years because it was not worth standing in line for. The Mine Train looks really cool. And it is something in FL that EVERYONE can ride. I know I could ride the Barnstormer, but I don't have kids, and c'mon, isn't that who it is aimed at? Mine Train just looks cool.

Just ride it and see what it is like before you get all dismissive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom