Seven Dwarfs Mine Train to open late 2013?

WDW97

Knowing how long it took to do all the rock work on Batb and TLM probably not, because then they after they get done with all that, they have to test and adjust the ride vehicles, which in my opinion is probably going to take at least 2-3months or more since it will be the first of its kind.

Rasvar

End of 2013 is possible but I think 2014 will be more likely. It will also depend on if weather is favorable for the outdoor work. That exterior work takes a lot of time.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
My uninformed and uneducated opinion based on the pictures and my own observations is that you are correct. It seems to be moving fast and I am predicting it will soft open by Christmas week 2013 if not a little sooner.

doctornick

At one time, I remember people were saying it was progressing and was ahead of schedule. And, as a result, a late 2013 soft opening was anticipated. But official word from WDW has consistently been for a 2014 opening, likely a few months after the new year (March to April timeframe).

erasure fan1

I have thought from the start that the mine train seemed like something that shouldn't take near as long as they were planning. That said, I really doubt they have it open by the end of 2013. Disney just doesn't work at that great of a pace unfortunately.

Figgy1

Has anyone noticed that the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Construction is moving along rather fast? Hopefully it stays this way so Seven Dwarfs Mine Train can open by the end of this year. Any Comments?
I wish it would be open for my summer trip oh well reason for a future trip (don't really need one but it sounded good)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Having watched the construction of the rest of Fantayland very closely I personally don't get the feeling that the Mine Ride is moving along any faster then any other part of the expansion. I don't see it opening before early 2014, not even soft opening. Also during one of the Fantasyland grand opening presentation Staggs said Spring 2014 for the ride. That back side of the mountain is moving along nicely and I would expect the buildings (whether they be stores, fastpass location, etc) to open before the rest of the attraction. On the other hand looking at the front side of the mountain where the queues will be there is still a long way to go.

Patricia Melton

I believe it can soft open late 2013. Most likely December

I think this is exactly right. There will be a soft opening in 2013...and then an official opening in 2014. This would be similar to how the other parts of New Fantasyland happened...with the official opening coming quite a bit after the soft opening previews.

Patricia Melton

Having watched the construction of the rest of Fantayland very closely I personally don't get the feeling that the Mine Ride is moving along any faster then any other part of the expansion. I don't see it opening before early 2014, not even soft opening. Also during one of the Fantasyland grand opening presentation Staggs said Spring 2014 for the ride. That back side of the mountain is moving along nicely and I would expect the buildings (whether they be stores, fastpass location, etc) to open before the rest of the attraction. On the other hand looking at the front side of the mountain where the queues will be there is still a long way to go.

I think you are right about the buildings by Mermaid opening first. That's a very astute observation. They could have those shops and other things on that side finished and then still be working on the other stuff.

Clamman73

If there wasn't any animatronic figures going inside I would say late 2013, but with that happening and also with all the rock work, landscaping, trees, etc, looks like spring 2014 soft opening.

Maybe we'll see water-filled dummies running on the track fall/winter though. I'm interested in betting on an exact date for first day of testing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom