Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster Grand Opening date set for May 28 2014

Rob562

There's nothing saying they won't have soft openings between now and then, but May 28th is the date that Disney is guaranteeing that guests will be able to ride.

-Rob

Arty Cordova

There's nothing saying they won't have soft openings between now and then, but May 28th is the date that Disney is guaranteeing that guests will be able to ride.

-Rob

So how does the Soft Opening work? I will be there May 17 with the family. Will I have to stand outside of the ride and hope to be randomnly picked to go on?

DrewmanS

So how does the Soft Opening work? I will be there May 17 with the family. Will I have to stand outside of the ride and hope to be randomnly picked to go on?
If it's in very limited testing, then they might quietly pick a few people to ride. As it gets closer to official open, they will open the ride at random times of the day for anyone to ride, but it might close again if there are issues or if they complete training for the day. The status during soft openings is always changing.

If you are on vacation with your family, I would not recommend hanging out at the entrance all day hoping for a chance to ride. Just make sure you check the status each time you pass by the area.

Disney Daddy

Yeah, too bad Disney's FastPass+ website has apparently crashed! I can't go onto it to book anything. Keep getting a stupid "system challenges" error message. A billion dollar company surely can do better than this!

Goofnut1980

We go next week.. so we wont see it.. But friends arrive on the 24th and said she is having a hard time booking it or anything right now... YAY.. we crashed Disneys site, just like Ellen did with Twitter for the Oscars...

:( Okayyyy... I guess I wont ride you next week after all. See you in October dwarfs
I will be there next week as well! i will tell you this, look for a sign that says "dress rehearsal" or something like that in the area around the train and follow it! I was there several weeks prior to them "officially" opening the new Ariel ride and Belles Enchanted Tales and was able to experience both of them (which was awesome because my youngest loves Ariel and she was so sad it wouldn't be open while we were there!)! So hang onto hope, I will be doing the same! All the May 28th opening and ability to reserve FP's does is that they KNOW it will be in FULL function for the FULL day of park hours! Hope to see you there! :)

We go next week.. so we wont see it.. But friends arrive on the 24th and said she is having a hard time booking it or anything right now... YAY.. we crashed Disneys site, just like Ellen did with Twitter for the Oscars...
I will be there next week as well! i will tell you this, look for a sign that says "dress rehearsal" or something like that in the area around the train and follow it! I was there several weeks prior to them "officially" opening the new Ariel ride and Belles Enchanted Tales and was able to experience both of them (which was awesome because my youngest loves Ariel and she was so sad it wouldn't be open while we were there!)! So hang onto hope, I will be doing the same! All the May 28th opening and ability to reserve FP's does is that they KNOW it will be in FULL function for the FULL day of park hours! Hope to see you there! :)

Goofnut1980

WOO HOOO... can't wait. Hope to see you there! I will be the one acting like a 2 year old for the first time, even though it is trip 37 for me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom