Set Sail Safely legislation

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Would love to hear thoughts on what this means (if anything) for a re-start of cruising from the US.

The Set Sail Safely Act would establish a Maritime Task Force, in coordination with a Private Sector Advisory Committee, to address the health, safety, security, and logistical changes needed to develop a roadmap for cruise lines to resume operations.

So it's a law that establishes a task force. Does this really help?

jme

I mean... the CDC already said they could resume operations and the Cruise Industry said no thanks. I don't honestly see how a US government task force could help? They would establish guidelines and regulations - but the cruise industry has already (and smartly so in my personal opinion) proven they can make better health and safety decisions than CDC/USGov on their own.

ChuckElias

Original Poster
the CDC already said they could resume operations and the Cruise Industry said no thanks.
As far as I know the no sail order is in effect through the end of September. I don't think CDC has said they can resume yet.

Do you mean that most cruise lines have extended their own no-sail periods beyond the end of September?

July 16, 2020 Update

On July 16, 2020, CDC extended the No Sail Order and Suspension of Further Embarkation; Notice of Modification and Extension and Other Measures Related to Operations signed by the CDC Director on April 9, 2020—subject to the modifications and additional stipulated conditions as set forth in this Order. The Order is effective upon signature and published in the Federal Registerexternal icon on July 21, 2020.

This Order is in effect until one of the following occurs:

• The expiration of the Secretary of Health and Human Services’ declaration that COVID-19 constitutes a public health emergency,
  • The CDC Director rescinds or modifies the order based on specific public health or other considerations, or
  • September 30, 2020.

jme

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom