Serious sadness about not going this weekend

ELG13

Original Poster
I just want to post to vent. I'm feeling sorry for myself so don't be too mean. I know with everything going on, our disney trip being cancelled is nothing. We were supposed to be leaving this Saturday, the 9th. We were originally scheduled to go September 2019, but found out we were pregnant and due end of August so we cancelled. Well our sweet boy was born via emergency C-section and passed shortly after in June. When the dust settled I told my husband all I wanted was to be in Disney world for mother's day this year. The first one without our boy. It's my happy place and it gave me something to plan and a distraction while offering all of us something to look forward to. Now that it's cancelled it's just though. Honestly, if all we could do is stay in the cabins for the week, we would have gone. Like I said, I know my trip being cancelled is one of thousands and I can't help but think of kids that had trips planned with Make a Wish or people getting married there or people taking their last family trip before kids move away....I know I'm one of thousands, but it still sucks 😭

Orangeanna

It does suck and you can feel a little sorry for yourself, no judgment. I'm so sorry for your loss. You are experiencing a terrible loss and then this happens. It's so much grief. Give yourself time and let yourself grieve. Disney will be there waiting for you, hopefully in the not to distant future. I have quite a bit of experience with loss and Disney and sometimes feel both joy and profound sadness in the resort. Ultimately, it has provided a constancy I have found comforting. Of course it can't now and that is so hard. But it will again. Plan and dream, cry and hope. Better days will come.

KaliSplash

:cry:I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I can't imagine what that must be like. Hopefully, you can head to WDW for next Mother's Day.

disney4life2008

I was thinking for many, just to stay at the hotels would be enough. A few years ago before I moved here, I stayed at the sports for 5 days. The only thing I did was go to magic Kingdom the first night for evening emhs and I relaxed the other days. My last night I went to ohana.

Nemo14

I'm so sorry for your loss - the pain in your heart is just so unimagnable. You have every right to be upset that your trip won't happen this year, but rest assured that it will happen some day, and you'll find your smile again there. ((hug))

belledream

I’m so sorry you’ve had to endure all of this... I just can’t imagine any of it. I hope that you are blessed with better days ahead in Disney and in life. Don’t lose sight of hope and happiness. ❤️

Moka

So very sorry for your loss. You’ll get there not now, but soon enough.
I hope things in the future are well for you.

NickMaio

I just want to post to vent. I'm feeling sorry for myself so don't be too mean. I know with everything going on, our disney trip being cancelled is nothing. We were supposed to be leaving this Saturday, the 9th. We were originally scheduled to go September 2019, but found out we were pregnant and due end of August so we cancelled. Well our sweet boy was born via emergency C-section and passed shortly after in June. When the dust settled I told my husband all I wanted was to be in Disney world for mother's day this year. The first one without our boy. It's my happy place and it gave me something to plan and a distraction while offering all of us something to look forward to. Now that it's cancelled it's just though. Honestly, if all we could do is stay in the cabins for the week, we would have gone. Like I said, I know my trip being cancelled is one of thousands and I can't help but think of kids that had trips planned with Make a Wish or people getting married there or people taking their last family trip before kids move away....I know I'm one of thousands, but it still sucks 😭
So sorry for your loss.
For some of us WDW is not just a place...but a state of being.
On one level I can relate.....and yes it really sucks.

NelleBelle

Go ahead and vent! My heart aches for your loss and can’t imagine what you’ve been going through. The fact that this was supposed to be you’re Mother’s Day, and it is, and being in a place you love that is supposed to help you heal, just absolutely sucks! Hopefully you rebook and take the $$ you’re not spending this weekend, save it, and make your next trip even more fabulous! Hugs to you💕

Club Cooloholic

Always ok to vent. But it also just makes me realize how serious this all is. Be thankful and hopeful you and anyone you travel with will be there for the next trip.

JIMINYCR

Theres no need to ask for our forgiveness for what you are feeling. My condolences to you and your husband and all your family members who are also feeling that loss. I pray you will continue to pass through on your journey of grieving and mourning and the rest of life treats you better. Disney is a great place to go to help get yourself some healing and a momentary distraction from lifes hardships. I hope you can find another outlet at this time and return to WDW in the near future. So many of us who were looking forward to that trip thats been cancelled are feeling depressed because we had such hopes and plans to be there and now its gone for the time being. We'll get through this and when we do return to WDW, the trip and experiences we find there will be that much sweeter.

eliza61nyc

no apologies necessary and it's absolutely ok to feel sorry for yourself right now. It's not a happy time anywhere in the country and unfortunately you've had it compounded by a tragedy.
It does suck and no need to compare it to others. You are 1000% correct, this is a lousy situation.
Sending you many prayers and wishing for a little pixie dust for you

yoda_5729

I am sorry for your loss, and hope your family can find some comfort and support in going though that. It's a small comparison, but maybe you can go online, and experience a few of your favorite rides or shows through youtube? It will never replace actually going, but it might be a way to get a small bit of enjoyment through those tough times. I hope everything gets better for you though, and that you d get to go back to a place that brings you joy and relief.

Disney Kween

@ELG13 that is nothing to be sorry about. First off sorry for your loss of your baby boy. That is extremely devastating. All you wanted was to be in your happy place at Disney and that is very understandable. Sure during these times there are thousands of others going through the same thing cancelling their vacations including myself who cancelled just recently for June. I think it really makes us all upset who plan so much and anticipate on going for so long than there is a huge let down like this it is bound it be upsetting. So please don't feel sorry for feeling that way. Do what I am doing and get back into the game of planning again. You will be back to your happy place in no time.

nickys

Premium Member

So sorry for your loss. I hope you and your family can plan another trip to your happy place soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom