September 2020 Vacation Booked !!!!

Indy_UK

We are so excited !!!!

We were going to wait and go back to WDW in 2021 for the 50th but we have now decided and booked 2020 instead.

Two reasons for this.

1. For U.K. guests, we were surprised to see Free Dining being offered for next year. For us, it’s something we really wanted to do and I don’t see it happening in 2021

2. Also, we are slightly scared of the crowds that the 50th may bring. We expect it to be busy next year with Galaxies Edge but even slightly softer would be appreciated.

My husband and I are in the final stages of adopting our first child and this trip will be a celebration of us becoming a family so we want it to be special.

We’ve booked it all through Virgin Holidays UK.

Return flights from London Gatwick

4 night cruise on the Disney Dream (first cruise for any of us)

10 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge with the standard Dining Plan. 14 day park tickets for the price of 7 with memory maker and a $300 gift card

Total cost comes in at £7,200. Apparently that’s a good price and we’ve had no luck finding anything remotely cheaper. It’s steep but on this occasion we are willing to not worry as memories is what counts here for us.

There’s going to be a lot of firsts for us here so will be hunting out for lots of advice between now and then

belledream

Yay how exciting!! What a great way to celebrate all the wonderful things in your lives! September is our favorite time to go :) You got lots of time to see how Star Wars affects things, and plan for the best trip possible. All that food...! :D

Upvote 0

Gaston's gal

You are just going to love going to Disney World AND going on a Disney Cruise! What an incredible vacation!! While you are at Disney World, you may want to think about going to the MNSSHP one night with your new little one. It is so much fun taking pictures with the Disney characters in their Halloween costumes, watching the special parade & firework show and getting to go trick or treating. You will have a blast!

Upvote 0

DreamalittleDisney

Ohhh we were meant to be waiting until 2021 but now contemplating May next year just waiting for one of the UK prices with TA to be realased on Thursday to see if we can do it!

Your trip sounds amazing and the perfect start to your new chapter as a family.. how old will your child be?

Upvote 0

Indy_UK

Original Poster
He'll be 3.5/4 so we're gonna have to pay for him lol.

Mickeys not so scarey is on the list and I've got my husband on the duty of making our costumes for the event. With what else we are doing, this is probabaly be the only hard ticket event we'll do.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Everything sounds great. AKL will be a wonderful resort to stay. Congratulations on the adoption. We were parents of an adopted child as well.... 31 years ago. We brought him home at 3 days old, the final adoption papers were signed at 6 months. Our lives were so enriched by his being a part of our lives. MNSSHP is the very best event, youll love everything about it. And a Disney cruise on top of it all... WOW. Enjoy the family celebration to the fullest.

Upvote 0

Indy_UK

Original Poster
Decided to stay at All Star Music for the one night after landing and getting the cruise the day after. Cheaper and keeps us in the bubble.

Apparently AKL will be happy to hold our big cases while away on the cruise and ready for when we get back

Upvote 0

Dave B

He'll be 3.5/4 so we're gonna have to pay for him lol.

Mickeys not so scarey is on the list and I've got my husband on the duty of making our costumes for the event. With what else we are doing, this is probabaly be the only hard ticket event we'll do.
3.5 is still 3 and I believe 3 is still FREE

Upvote 0

Indy_UK

Original Poster
We listed a child as being 4 for worst case but where the child we are going for is likely to be younger, Virgin have said they'll be able to just remove the kids park tickets. I guess that means he would loose free dining too

Upvote 0

Janir

Awesome plans! And an adoption celebration as a awesome sweetener! Speaking as an adoptee, I love hearing that your taking your new child to WDW and that he will get to experience it multiple times with you. Way to blow that kids mind with his first memories of being a family! :) (Is it getting a bit dusty here??)
Disney Cruise and WDW all in one vacation. One day that's on my bucket list of Disney vacations.

Upvote 0

Indy_UK

Original Poster
Done a couple of minor amendments to our plans

I looked on Disneys website last night to see if there was many rooms left of the ship. To my amazement, a lot of room had gone down in price.

We booked an inside stateroom originally for £1,800 and couldn't afford anything bigger as the cost difference was huge.

The Deluxe family ocean view stateroom dropped from £2,900 to £2,090 so we paid the difference and got that. Reviews on the room were good so got a specific one.

Also, we booked transferred to and from the cruise using the Disney cruise line coach. We didn't realise the coach didn't arrive at port canaveral so late so we've cancelled that leg and will use über instead, but use the coach still going back to WDW

Upvote 0

NickPytlinski

wahhhhoooooo. see you there. September 2020 im in to!

we did the cruise a few years ago in a deluxe Ocean view room, it was huge and had an amazing time!

have fun .see you there :)

also congrats on your fantastic adoption news!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom