Pre-Trip September 2020 - It Involved Alcohol

This is my first report so while I have mentioned Chris and my mum in other peoples TR's I will do a proper introduction.
Myself Gurt (real name Steph) my boyfriend Chris and my mum Jean
Phone Pics 476.jpeg

No we don't normally wear 'nice' clothes for the parks, we had dinner at California Grill and my mum wanted a castel picture in our 'nice' clothes.

Me and my mum had several family trips in the 90's, big guy in the middle is my dad (he passed away in 2008) and very young I would say 8ish Gurt in between him and my mum, and the other 3 are my aunt, uncle and cousin we always travelled as a 6 when we started joining them on trips, they had been many more times than we had so uncle T always lead the way I think I spent the 90's shouting 'follow the blue bag'

Chris's 1st trip was my first trip as an adult in 2013 that was for mums 60th birthday we hadn't been together very long when we booked that trip and Chris has never been abroad before so I was very skeptical asking him to spend a bunch of money on a holiday he didn't know he wanted to go on 😂 lucky for me he had a great time on our last MK exit he asked when we would be coming back!

That would come in 2016 for my 30th birthday once again a fantastic trip and I thought it would be our last for a long time me and Chris had start being real adults we had postponed buying our 1st house for that trip!

Last year my mum was made redundant however they did take her back on self employed on part time hours, so same work in less hours and no benefits such as holiday or sick pay but her position was redundant, yeah ok really! Yes I am mad about it! She only wanted to work another couple of years before she retired anyway so she agreed, it made her think about her retirement and things she will have to be careful with one of which will be holidays so she decided she wanted to save up and have one more trip before she finishes work and that was the start of this trip.

Gurt

Original Poster
So with introductions done I will get to the alcohol part, this may be text heavy I will throw some gif's in where possible I do love a good gif. We decided that we would go to my mum's to discuss options as Chris was adamant he wants to stay at Old Key West, and my mum was adamant we would only book with the free dining, here comes the problem, OKW and flights for the dates we want to go are released 2nd November, free dining offer ended 22nd October..................

I didn't know what to do and was getting myself in a right head scramble trying to please everyone, the day before we were due to go and look at the options and have a roast at my mums house Chris announces he is going for lunch time drinks with the lads for 1 of their birthdays before we are due at mums, 1 part of me thinks oh no Chris can't do day drinking to save his life this is going to be a disaster the other part of me thinks hmmmm if he is a few beers in he is more likely to let me spend his money more freely.

We had a plan, Chris was going to meet the boys at 2pm, I was going to hang back and meet up with him at 3.30 then we would walk to my mums be there for 4pm have options meeting and have a roast, that was the plan........

2pm bye honey don't get too drunk
2.05 well if he is going for a beer I will treat myself to a little (not little, don't judge) glass of wine
2.30 Text - 'come meet us in the bar the boys want you to come'
2.45 is someone going to buy me a drink
3.30 shall we sneak another one in before we go to my mums, well that's a yes
4.00 I am just nipping to the toilet before we set off
4.05 What do you mean Paul has bought us all shots
4.10 I think we should get a taxi to your mums, I agree
4:15 taxi can't get here till 4:45
4:16 shall we have another pint while we wait, seems like a good idea
4:30 Text - 'sorry we are late mum taxi is picking us up soon'
5:00 hi mum, we are here
5.05 do you two want a drink - I will have a wine please mum

Gurt

Original Poster
With the wine flowing and the ipads going we were not getting anywhere fast, I took it upon myself to ring Disney, what exactly for I genuinely don't remember, maybe I thought they could pixie dust me an early reservation and sort me with flights from their best friend Richard Branson

However the nice Disney lady on the other end of the line confirmed that OKW and flights will not be released till 2nd November she did point out that we could book our reservation and once the 2nd came along we could switched resorts and keep our dining plan, and go on the dates we wanted, I told her we wanted to stay in a 1 bed villa, she said the only resort she could offer was Riverier, I told her I didn't have that sort of money but humor me, how much........

The figure she came up with was only a couple hundred more than what we thought we would be paying anyway, so I quickly confirmed that was a 1 bed at Riverier, for the dates we wanted, with the dining plan, with memory maker, with $100 gift card, my god that nice Disney lady suckered this little drunken monkey in, so I can just as quickly confirm that my card number is...... thank you deposit paid

I put the phone down ready to be praised as the best Disney holiday booker EVER, then it happened,

Chris: does that price include flights?

Gurt

Original Poster
As Chris spoke his words of horror it dawned on me that no of course it didn't include flights, flights were part of my initial problem as and we currently don't live in a world where time travel is possible and therefore amazingly it's still not November 2nd

So we are currently booked into a resort we can only just afford with no flights to get us there, I am hoping once the flights are released they will be reasonable and I can talk everyone into keeping our Riviera booking however I am realistic enough to know that that likely will not be the case and we will have to change resorts I just pray that the price difference between Riviera and OKW is enough to cover the price of the flights.

So moral of the tale, don't book whilst half cut the nice Disney lady will take advantage and lull you into happiness so you don't realise you missing a vital part of your booking. And now we wait patiently for that all important 2nd November date on which no alcohol will be consumed until after we have got all the details sorted and booked.

Gurt

Original Poster
I've been waiting for this pre trip report! I'm following along.
@Katiekitten you are 50% of backing for this pretrip

This sounds interesting!! I'm in!! :)

@riverside nice to have you along

Drunk Disneying sounds more expensive than drunk Amazoning! In to see how this turns out!

@dryerlintfan Drunk Disneying is a lot more expensive than drunk Amazoning, thousands more expensive.

If this PTR continues as it started, it’s going to be fun 😃

I am hoping it's going to be very fun, either way im sure wine will be involved.

Gurt

Original Poster

Gurt

Original Poster
Tomorrow is the day and I am dreading it, I really will need the nice Disney lady to be best friends with Richard Branson I just did a price check for the flights going the day before our real date and it's horrible looking at over £5k for 3 flights Disney is going to have to come up with so really good magic.

Gurt

Original Poster
I have been MIA for almost a week it has been Chris's birthday and our anniversary but I am back....................
With absolutely nothing to update you with, I have been ringing everyday but as of yet Virgin have not released their flights and OKW also hasn't been released so I am still no wiser of what is happening yet.

Gurt

Original Poster
Hopefully they release the flights soon, and give an extra special 75% off for being late about it!
I wish @dryerlintfan on both counts it's also annoying that every time I ring I get a different reason for why they haven't released them yet, I had one guy say that they would never have told me a date to ring back because they don't know when they will be released! I am at this point rather frustrated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom