Trip Report Sept 23-Oct 4 Disneymoon! Universal, f&W, cirque,dfb snack attack & more!

Well we are back from our PERFECT Disneymoon! Let me give you a quick intro to us, the newlyweds :)

I am Laura, the disney nut. This was my 5th trip to the world. I am 25 and work as a youth counsellor, working with children and youth in a group home.

Now the Mr... Well his name is marc, and this was his second trip to disney. I now have him hooked :) He works in construction, doing sheet metal work :)

Our first trip together was September 2012 (you can see our ptr in my signature).. This was marcs first trip, and he was hesitant and not sure what to expect, well he LOVED it. On our first full day Marc proposed, it was a perfect proposal and perfect trip... so it was a must we return for our Disneymoon! We debated it and ultimatly did not book the bounceback offer (free dining), then when we finally decided we were kicking ourselves because the rumor was that free dining would not be offered... luckily it finally was released in may and we booked to go following the wedding!
image.jpg

Our big day was September 21, 2013 at Hatfield Farm in Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada. it was everything we imagined and more, and even tied in a few hidden mickeys on our invites, cake and wine glasses!
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

kasey1988

Original Poster
We relaxed and then were back in Epcot, where we grabbed a slider at the Florida booth and lined up for the "disney food blog snack attack". The desserts were yummy, there were zebra domes, red velvet cupcakes, pop corn, mickey ice cream bars, cheesecake brownies, butter finger cupcakes, baby cake cupcakes and school bread. We stood at the railing initially because we couldn't find seats and this lady standing next to us tap Marc on the shoulder and says something about she had 6 friends joining her so we would need to move where we were standing. My jaw dropped and I couldn't say anything I was so shocked, yes it was crowded but then your friends should of arrived on time when the location opened. Marc noticed 2 chairs at a table behind us and asked the couple if anyone was using them, they said we could have them so he pulled them up for us and we sat right where we were, the lady huffed and puffed and walked away. The view was AWSOME, the party area was right by Yorkshire fish and chips overlooking the water. Best view of illuminations I have ever had. It was EMH at Epcot so we went over and waits for test track, the wait was about 40 minutes but we wanted to ride it once more before we headed home.
IMG_3730.JPG
IMG_3731.JPG
IMG_3732.JPG
IMG_3733.JPG

IMG_3738.JPG
IMG_3739.JPG
IMG_3744.JPG

kasey1988

Original Poster
October 3
The goofy van picks us up and we were off to BLT. We met with Hubert and he was great at explaining everything. they were only selling VGF,AKL and Aluni. it was $15000 for 100 points, which would not even get us a week at VGF. We really like the idea of the dvc and took the information and scheduled an appointment at SS office for the next day as Hubert was going to be out of the office and we would have to buy before we left the state of florida. This is a huge decision, and it would of been $200/mo until the initial $15000 was paid off, then just the maintenance fees. We ultimately decided that we would wait until we could afford the $15000 or at least most of it o we did not have to finance it. this also is giving me a chance to do more research online now that we are home and weighing the option of re-sale. With just buying a house and having a wedding and me wanting to return to school it did not seem like good financial option right now. We cancelled our appointment at ss for the next day. i forgot to mention the giftcard promotion was not being offered and the hotel rep was wrong, but we did have the slip gave us, and we much preferred that over the fastpasses they were trying to gibe us, so we got the gift card with a little persistence. We walked to MK and on the walk we talked about dvc and marc said he was planning on booking the bounceback and surprising me before the idea of dvc came along, so yay we were coming back! We got breakfast at the new Starbucks. We each had a breakfast sandwich and I had an iced coffee. It was 1 qs credit each. The other qs credit option was a piece of fruit and a pastry, I wish I would of gone for the pastry option because the breakfast sandwich really was not goo and we both felt awful after eating it.. But the iced coffee was great, and I was in serious withdrawal after only have 1 cup in the past week of the stuff. We rode the jungle cruise since it was closed for refurb earlier in our trip. We rode pirates, splash and btmrr. By this time I was getting hungry and not feeling well, it was noon and our lunch ADRs weren't until 1 at LTT. We decided to see if they had anything earlier and lucky us they said they could get us a table in 10 minutes and they did and it was even decorated with streamers. Marc had a burger, he said it was one of the best ones he has had a do had the pot roast, and OH MY GOSH it was delicious, I could of licked the plate. The colony salad also looks good, so maybe I will try that next time. Dessert for both of us was the oooey gooey sticky toffee cake, very sweet but very good. This will definitely be on my list again next time, LTT is a favourite for us! We the went to the Christmas store as I forgot to pick up an ornament. We picked it out and wanted it personalized. They said it wouldn't be ready until 3, so we said we would pick it up during the haloween party.. Sounded like a good plan until I realized we had to carry it the whole time. We went back to the resort and went for a swim and layed in the sun until it was time to put our costumes on for MNSSHP!

IMG_3751.JPG
IMG_3753.JPG

IMG_3754.JPG
IMG_3755.JPG
IMG_3756.JPG
IMG_3757.JPG
IMG_3758.JPG

Last edited:

PartOfYourWorld

Thanks for reading! I am finally getting around to posting more, we have been so busy it seems, I have been applying to school for next year, getting ready for Christmas and sending out our thank you notes!

I was surprised we didn't get a king sized bed, or any surprises really (we were spoiled on our engagement trip), it seemed like they were very distracted my the magic band roll out, we even received a note in our room one day that said we would get magic bands the next day ( I knew the roll out was not for a few minutes later), lone behold, a few minutes later there was a manager at our door a few minutes later asking for the letter and apologizing.

Boatwrights was so disappointing, marc says its the worst meal he has had in Disney. I lived in Mississippi when I was younger and was looking forward to a southern meal... well the meal -with the exception of the cornbead- was a total let down.

I believe the carriage ride was 30 minutes, we went from infront of boatwrights, by the pool and threw the mansion section. We had a choice of that or to go back to FQ, but we decided on checking on RS.
I have been meaning to go see Yeehaa bob! He is on our list for next september for sure, ive heard great things!

I hear ya! It's okay, the Holidays are busy! good luck with the Thank you cards!

I guess I figured since I'm sure they saw you were on your honeymoon they just didn't give you a King sized bed. It opens up the room a bit more. Wait a second you guys didn't get magicbands? Or your resort just wasn't testing them yet? Because I just went in September and got some and we stayed at Riverside my mom and I. weird.

Definitely, need to make sure you stop for Bob! He's the greatest! :) Will catch up on the rest another time! Gotta get back to work :(

plaz10

Loving your TR!

How was everything at Boma? My husband wants to eat dinner there and I am such a picky eater so I don't know if I can pull the trigger. We've eaten breakfast there but they have a lot of regular breakfast food so I liked that! Haha.

50's PT or LTT - who had the better pot roast? You should try the pot roast open faced sandwich at Beaches & Cream - SO delicious!! I haven't eaten at 50's since I was eating off the kids menu...I think it's time to go back!

Can't wait to read more!!! Sounds like you guys had a great time!

kasey1988

Original Poster
I hear ya! It's okay, the Holidays are busy! good luck with the Thank you cards!

I guess I figured since I'm sure they saw you were on your honeymoon they just didn't give you a King sized bed. It opens up the room a bit more. Wait a second you guys didn't get magicbands? Or your resort just wasn't testing them yet? Because I just went in September and got some and we stayed at Riverside my mom and I. weird.

Definitely, need to make sure you stop for Bob! He's the greatest! :) Will catch up on the rest another time! Gotta get back to work :(
No magic bands, they started at FQ on Monday sept 30, and you had to check on that day or after to get them, I tried very hard to try them but everyone said no!

kasey1988

Original Poster
Loving your TR!

How was everything at Boma? My husband wants to eat dinner there and I am such a picky eater so I don't know if I can pull the trigger. We've eaten breakfast there but they have a lot of regular breakfast food so I liked that! Haha.

50's PT or LTT - who had the better pot roast? You should try the pot roast open faced sandwich at Beaches & Cream - SO delicious!! I haven't eaten at 50's since I was eating off the kids menu...I think it's time to go back!

Can't wait to read more!!! Sounds like you guys had a great time!
We love boma! It has a bit of everything, you can choose to add sauces to the meats from the carving station, so if your not adventurous then you can just have your meat plain. There is lots of other options to from what I think they consider the "kids section", like Mac and cheese, chicken fingers, mashed potatoes etc. there's salads and soups to.

I think 50s pot roast was just a bit better, but the dessert at LTT was better! I think we will return to LTT over 50s!

Beaches and cream is on my todo list.. I wanted to make it there this time but we didn't make it! Next time for sure!

pumpkin7

Ah, we went to walk around the Art of Animation Resort. When we stay on site, I would love to stay there. Go figure, as I was trying to get to POP but got the two confused! Woops lol.
Fab report btw. Making me hungry though!

kasey1988

Original Poster
The magic kingdom was packed when we entered, we grabbed out treat bags and started in frontier land, stopping to get our ornament on the way..we jammed it in to our book bag then we did some trick or treating and rode HM, BTMRR and pirates before deciding we needed food. We went to Casey's, I just had a regular hot dog and Marc had the BBQ slaw dog that he loved on our last trip, these were our last 2 qs credits, our trip was coming to an end :(. We each chose cotton candy for dessert, bad idea since we had to carry it, we ended up throwing one bag in the garbage. We went to meet buzz, he was happy to see me (Jessie) but not so happy to see me with woody! We walked on buzzlightyears space rangers spin then decided we needed seats for the fireworks, we ended up grabbing a table between the ice cream parole and the tomorrowland terrace. The tables fills up quick, the view was so great we thought it was to good to be true.. The only downfall it was right behind the smoking section and the smell was not great. We watched the castle show and hallowishes, spectacular! We then grabbed a seat right on main st for the second parade. Peterpan spotted us and yelled "Andy's coming!", this was so much fun! We then went to btmrr and rode it 4 or 5 times in a row before leaving around 11:30pm, but not before grabbing peeps on our way out!
IMG_3759.JPG
IMG_3765.JPG
IMG_3762.JPG

IMG_3792.JPG

IMG_3812.JPG
IMG_3820.JPG
IMG_3821.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3816.JPG
    IMG_3816.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 39

kasey1988

Original Poster
Morning came very fast, we had 7:55am reservations at Ohana! We checked in and had our photos taken (no leis , very disappointed!). However breakfast was great! The restaurant was empty when we arrived but filled up fast. The juice, food and character interaction was all excellent and our "cousin" was very attentive. We left and went to DTD, we were about an hour early of the stores opening so we sat by the water and just talks about how great our trip was. We picked up some last minute souvenears at the work of disney and snacks at goofys candy co. We got a s'more square, chocolate covered marshmallow and a rice crispie mickey that I chose to dip in chocolate and m&ms (great use of snack credit)! One last boat ride back to the resort. We packed up and still had some time, we had a late check out of 1pm and the bus was coming at 2. We went for a swim , i booked our bouceback then showered and checked out. We stored our luggage and had a last mickey ice cream bar and sat and waited. I must of looked very sad because a cast member came up and began sticking mickey stickers in my bags and told me ill be finding them for weeks to come and each time he knew they would make me smile, well he is right I still find them in random pockets! I fell asleep on the way to the airport and when we arrived it seemed that us airways was the furthest way we could get. I entered our information in the check-in kiosk and nothing happened..no tags no passes...so I asked a lady for help, she was one of the friendliest airline employees I have ever met. She said that our flight to Philly was delayed and we would not make our connection so they moved us to delta, ok no problem...well another employee (second most friendly airline employee ever!) said oh no she won't make it! Well the two of them started a search to get us home, they looked at each airline the could work with, and all routes to get us home. The only one that worked was with united, which boarded in 20 minutes and gave us such a short connection time they had to get it cleared by the FAA. These two employees went above and beyond, any other airline would not care if we missed our connection in Philly! I made sure I sent an email to us airways about these two. So we ran to united, checked in and of course it's a full flight and no seats together. Then we waited in the huge line at security, that place is not so magical! We thought there is no way we will make this flight, it was boarding as we were waiting in line, but we ran..and we got there and were the last people on the flight! Ad guess what when we boarded the lady sitting next to Marc offered to trade seats with me and the third person in the row didn't show up so we had the whole row to our selves:) a pro about flying with united over usairways, we had tv! I watched meters university and we purchased a snack box with crackers, cheese and hummus.. I was starving, I had planned to grab chick-a-filet in Orlando, but that didn't happen :( once we arrived in Newark we ran to the other terminal, and quickly grabbed a sandwich and salad, we arrived at the gate and the flight was delayed an hour..I wish I would of known that because I would of got something from Earl of Sandwich instead of this very nasty sandwich and salad we purchased. Once we boarded there was an issue with passengers standing up and not putting their luggage away that delayed us further, ugh why can't people just listen! The flight attendant was AWSOME and very cheerful, considering they were delayed because the crews previous flight had an emergency during take off and they had to evacuate the plane! Our flight was uneventful once we were airborne, we cleared customs and were picked up by my mom and grandfather. It was great to be home, but our luggage did not arrive with us. United delivered it to us the next day by lunch.

IMG_3822.JPG
IMG_3824.JPG
IMG_3823.JPG

IMG_3826.JPG

IMG_3827.JPG

IMG_3828.JPG

IMG_3829.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3825.JPG
    IMG_3825.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 46

kasey1988

Original Poster
Overall we had a great trip and will be returning again in September, stay tuned for the PTR!
Last thoughts:
-highly recommend MNSSHP
-highly recommend cirque
-rapid fill was not working properly, it would show my cup as half full when it was not or if a certain flavour was empty and you started to pour it then wanted to change it-since it's watery-it would not let you for so many minutes
-we both noticed the cast members were not as overly friendly this time, maybe they were all preoccupied with the magic band business
-magic bands rolled out at pofq during our stay, we did not get to try them even tho we asked.
-at almost every restaurant they had to scan our card more then once on their new handheld systems and every waitress complained that it happened "every time"
-the pool at pofq looked as if it needs some TLC, glad to hear a refurb took place in the new year..
-the hotel did nothing special for our honeymoon, I know they don't have to, but it was a let down since we had such a great response when were engaged last year. No card(which we got during our engagement trip ) or towel animals in the room.
-the breakfast options at pofq are very repetitive, I think next time we will try other places in the parks for qs.

mrdrift

Sound like you guys had a wonderful trip and I just wanted to say thank you for sharing it with us. I know its takes time to write a report but thanks again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom