Trip Report Sept 23-Oct 4 Disneymoon! Universal, f&W, cirque,dfb snack attack & more!

Well we are back from our PERFECT Disneymoon! Let me give you a quick intro to us, the newlyweds :)

I am Laura, the disney nut. This was my 5th trip to the world. I am 25 and work as a youth counsellor, working with children and youth in a group home.

Now the Mr... Well his name is marc, and this was his second trip to disney. I now have him hooked :) He works in construction, doing sheet metal work :)

Our first trip together was September 2012 (you can see our ptr in my signature).. This was marcs first trip, and he was hesitant and not sure what to expect, well he LOVED it. On our first full day Marc proposed, it was a perfect proposal and perfect trip... so it was a must we return for our Disneymoon! We debated it and ultimatly did not book the bounceback offer (free dining), then when we finally decided we were kicking ourselves because the rumor was that free dining would not be offered... luckily it finally was released in may and we booked to go following the wedding!
image.jpg

Our big day was September 21, 2013 at Hatfield Farm in Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada. it was everything we imagined and more, and even tied in a few hidden mickeys on our invites, cake and wine glasses!
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

kasey1988

Original Poster
Sept 29
Shopping day! We took a cab from pofq-the Hilton by DTD ($16) to pick up our rental car. We really would of walked from DTD if we knew it was that close, oh well we know for next time. Got our car and went to Denny's for breakfast before going to the Orlando Premium Outlets. We did lots of shopping, and we had plans to be done by 1, but wow it was 2 before we knew it. I was on the search for a new purse, but Marc convinced me to spend a bit more and get the disney dooney! I wanted one so bad but was debating spending that much. We grabbed some drinks at sonic a d some donuts at krispy kreme and went back to the resort and shared a salad and ice cream!
1380723_10100249098058239_1752235855_n.jpg

555458_10100249405841439_1293318950_n.jpg

IMG_3537.JPG

IMG_3538.JPG
IMG_3539.JPG

We used the rental car and went to wal mart to pick up some beer and wine. i was very impressed with the amount of disney merchandise! We then went to DTD so I could take a closer look at the dooneys. Trying to find a parking space made me appreciate the bus/boat so much more! parking was limited and we got held up for 15 minutes waiting for a guy to try and park his suv..The space was more then large enough but he struggled, backing up repeatedly and trying at different speeds. finally some one yelled at him to find another spot before he hit someone! he did finally leave after 15 minutes, there was quite a crowd watching....We didn't stay long before heading to pofq ! grabbed pizza and salad back at the resort. The pizza was still frozen in the middle. But if fully cooked it would of been great, it was also yummy last years! We did some laundry tonight, I'm did not like that you had to use your credit card to ay. Fr me as an international traveler that 2.00 load was actually a bit more, not much but I could of easily used cash I already had. I was exhausted....

kasey1988

Original Poster
Hi Laura! found your report!!!! :)

First off, Congrats again on your wedding! You got married exactly 4 months after My husband and I :) Might have mentioned that on instagram already lol. Sorry if I did.

I'm surprised you guys didn't get a King sized bed, Mike and I had one at both the Boardwalk and at AoA on our wedding/honeymoon trip and it was great! Had SO much room!

I love the boat rides from PO to DtD...stinks that they were all full from Riverside...never had that happen to me before at POFQ you would think the fill up about halfway and then take the other half from POFQ.

Boy that Tusker House breakfast, seemed like it wasn't fun at all! Seemed like Animal Kingdom was having a ton of problems that day! But I'm glad you had a nice dinner at the Flying Fish :) And yes....the busses at the EPCOT resorts are just like you experienced. They share busses with a few of the other resorts and it takes a long time to get there. It was easier to get off at the Dolphin and walk to the Boardwalk. But the good thing about there is you only need to take a bus to the MK, AK, or DtD.

On your next trip you should go to Riverside, to the River Roost Lounge Thurs-Sun night and see Yeehaa Bob!!! He puts on the best show!! My favorite thing about Riverside! And will have to check out those carriage rides, they look like a lot of fun! About how long did it last???

And that jambalya that you had...I made some a few weeks ago, I can make some and send it to you to make up for the one you had at Boatwrights! :) lol. Post anymore? :)

Thanks for reading! I am finally getting around to posting more, we have been so busy it seems, I have been applying to school for next year, getting ready for Christmas and sending out our thank you notes!

I was surprised we didn't get a king sized bed, or any surprises really (we were spoiled on our engagement trip), it seemed like they were very distracted my the magic band roll out, we even received a note in our room one day that said we would get magic bands the next day ( I knew the roll out was not for a few minutes later), lone behold, a few minutes later there was a manager at our door a few minutes later asking for the letter and apologizing.

Boatwrights was so disappointing, marc says its the worst meal he has had in Disney. I lived in Mississippi when I was younger and was looking forward to a southern meal... well the meal -with the exception of the cornbead- was a total let down.

I believe the carriage ride was 30 minutes, we went from infront of boatwrights, by the pool and threw the mansion section. We had a choice of that or to go back to FQ, but we decided on checking on RS.
I have been meaning to go see Yeehaa bob! He is on our list for next september for sure, ive heard great things!

kasey1988

Original Poster
Sept 30
We woke up and had a big debate about what our plans were going to be.. We were debating on spending one day at universal & one day at sea world or one day at universal & one day at IOA.. We decided to save sea world for the next trip...which i was already bugging Marc about booking because the bounceback was free dining next september..he was not budging...we were off to universal. It was $310 for two day passes for the both of us. A bit of a shock, but when I worked it out it was $75 a day p/p really not that bad.. Parking was also $20 a day. Upon entering we were selected to try wristbands for their locker rentals for free. We were given a $10 gift card and free locker rentals for the day. We enjoyed universal, but are in no hurry to go back soon. We did Shrek first, it was neat, but just okay. I loved transformers, the visuals were great and thrilling, as well as the Simpsons ride. Marc had a duff beer and I a flaming moe, while we had a crusty burger for lunch, all was good! We did men in black, twister and the mummy. Marc did the rockn rip it roller coaster, which he enjoyed. We had fun and enjoyed our day, but we think doing it once is enough for right now. However, we are huge walking dead fans and thought it was neat to see all the props, we would consider haloween horror nights next year, but not a full day.
out of the park!
IMG_3547.JPG
IMG_3577.JPG
IMG_3576.JPG
IMG_3575.JPG
IMG_3568.JPG
IMG_3549.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3547.JPG
    IMG_3547.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 33

kasey1988

Original Poster
Tonight was EMH at the magic kingdom, I wanted a chicken burger, peco bills was our first stop and they didn't have one on the menu, so cosmic rays it was. My chicken Burger was great and Marc enjoyed his pulled pork, but said it did have a lot of BBQ sauce on it, and you really can't beat the view of the castle at sun set! We rode a few rides then picked a spot for the fireworks, well there was a huge tree in the way and we saw nothing :( I was so disappointed. But my pick me up was going to Uptown on main st and picking out my dooney on the way out of the park!
IMG_3601.JPG
IMG_3602.JPG
IMG_3603.JPG
IMG_3604.JPG
IMG_3638.JPG
IMG_3639.JPG
IMG_3636.JPG

kasey1988

Original Poster
Loving the report! Question, when you watch movies on the lawn, did you bring your own blankets? or were they provided?
They have a linen cart full of towels at the movie area (at least at pofq they did, I heard AOA is by the pool, not sure about the rest!). The towels are small so we just grabbed a few and layed them out, grabbed some drinks in our mugs and relaxed :)

Tidbit

This was the bounceback offer that was offered...and I was attempting to get marc to book..
View attachment 40497 View attachment 40498
Sept 30
We woke up and had a big debate about what our plans were going to be.. We were debating on spending one day at universal & one day at sea world or one day at universal & one day at IOA.. We decided to save sea world for the next trip...which i was already bugging Marc about booking because the bounceback was free dining next september..he was not budging...we were off to universal. It was $310 for two day passes for the both of us. A bit of a shock, but when I worked it out it was $75 a day p/p really not that bad.. Parking was also $20 a day. Upon entering we were selected to try wristbands for their locker rentals for free. We were given a $10 gift card and free locker rentals for the day. We enjoyed universal, but are in no hurry to go back soon. We did Shrek first, it was neat, but just okay. I loved transformers, the visuals were great and thrilling, as well as the Simpsons ride. Marc had a duff beer and I a flaming moe, while we had a crusty burger for lunch, all was good! We did men in black, twister and the mummy. Marc did the rockn rip it roller coaster, which he enjoyed. We had fun and enjoyed our day, but we think doing it once is enough for right now. However, we are huge walking dead fans and thought it was neat to see all the props, we would consider haloween horror nights next year, but not a full day.
out of the park!
View attachment 40483 View attachment 40482 View attachment 40481 View attachment 40480 View attachment 40479 View attachment 40478

You should have totally booked that bounce back offer!! Free dining is always the best and of course it's still on the fence if they plan to have it fully again next year.

You would have loved Halloween Horror Nights because they had Zombies everywhere, and as you saw the Walking Dead props! When you see the props WITH the Zombies it makes you feel as if YOU are IN the show! I went with my teenagers again this year, and we are already planning for next year as we know they will have TWD again!

kasey1988

Original Poster
You should have totally booked that bounce back offer!! Free dining is always the best and of course it's still on the fence if they plan to have it fully again next year.

You would have loved Halloween Horror Nights because they had Zombies everywhere, and as you saw the Walking Dead props! When you see the props WITH the Zombies it makes you feel as if YOU are IN the show! I went with my teenagers again this year, and we are already planning for next year as we know they will have TWD again!
Ohh the bounceback comes up again later in the trip you'll have to keep reading :)

Horror nights sounds fun! I seen a clip on Ellen where she sent her producers into the walking dead maze, it was hilarious.

ginadee

Sept 28
We thought we would venture over to riverside for breakfast for something different today. Well it was insane, it was around 8:30 which is a peak dining time, but wow you could not move in the ordering area. I grabbed an iced coffee (new and very good), we filled our mugs with lemonaide (which they don't have at pofq, they only have nasty pomegranate kind), then went and ordered breakfast at pofq before heading to typhoon lagoon! We had a BLAST! probably one or the best days we had on the trip. The wave pool, slides and food all were great! We purchased the refillable mug and it was a great investment. For lunch we had a turkey pesto sandwich, very light and not greasy, and it was large enough to share. Marc did scrape up his knuckles in the wave pool and was to stubborn to goto first aid, men! It started to rain use as we were leaving..it was much wetter this September then last!
View attachment 38092 View attachment 38093 View attachment 38094 View attachment 38095 View attachment 38096 View attachment 38097 View attachment 38098 View attachment 38099 View attachment 38100 View attachment 38101
I have not been to typhoon lagoon. Pics look great.

Tidbit

Ohh the bounceback comes up again later in the trip you'll have to keep reading :)

Horror nights sounds fun! I seen a clip on Ellen where she sent her producers into the walking dead maze, it was hilarious.

Oh yeah I saw that clip on Ellen too! They were at the CA Horror Nights, and it looked like the same as in Orlando. You should really try to go next year......since it seems you "might" be booked for next year ;) and let me know if you have any questions about the event too!

kasey1988

Original Poster
Oct 1
IOA today! We went straight to Harry potter world, Marc did the roller coaster, I did not. I don't like big drops. Then we did the Harry potter ride that's inside the castle, that ride was AWSOME. The visuals and effects were great I really enjoyed it. I of course had to try a frozen butter beer, it was very sweet but good. We worked our way around the park. Spider-Man was great, as was the Popeye river rapid ride. I really wanted to work up the courage to do the hulk, but just couldn't, Marc did and said it was good.
IMG_3655.JPG
IMG_3657.JPG
IMG_3666.JPG
IMG_3668.JPG
IMG_3674.JPG
IMG_3675.JPG
IMG_3676.JPG

kasey1988

Original Poster
We left in the early afternoon and checked out the Art of Animation. It is a neat resort and I think when we have kids we will stay there, but for right now we love pofq! My aunt, uncle and 2 young cousins were checking in today, and they happened to be at the check in desk when we were leaving, of course very excited kids they were! When we got back to pofq we had a swim and prepared to meet my family at DTD for dinner at trex.i had the ribs and chicken, it was very tasty, but they were out of the ice cream sandwich dessert I wanted, we all had cheesecake and oh my it was good! We were stuffed so we walked in and out of the shops on our way to cirque! This was a first for both of s and it was a gift from marcs mom for the wedding. We had our bride and groom ears on and when we entered one of the ushers congratulated us and said he had a surprise, he moved us up about 10 rows closer then we had tickets for! It was a great show, the performers are so talented, it is something everyone should see. We got the last boat back to pofq and had a great captain, he was hilarious and told some great jokes on the way
IMG_3683.JPG
IMG_3686.JPG
IMG_3687.JPG
IMG_3694.JPG
575669_10100250931503999_1392362161_n.jpg
1240449_10100250931429149_778295008_n.jpg
1378273_10100250931404199_301038777_n.jpg

Attachments

• 545247_10100250931553899_849727751_n.jpg
    545247_10100250931553899_849727751_n.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 30

kasey1988

Original Poster
Oct 2
Today we slept in, and spent the morning by the pool before heading to Epcot to eat around the world! We started in hawaii and worked our way around,everything was great and well worth the snack credit. I loved the "eiffle sour slush", altho for $9 i expected more then half a glass. We went back for a rest.. On the way I to the lobby ,arc walks over to the DVC desk, and starts asking questions to the rep. Come to find out the rep really wasnt knowledgable, as she promises us a $50 gift card if we attended the open house and that 100 points for $15000 would get you over a month of vacation, this did not sound right to me at all but we agreed to check out the open house tomorrow morning, the goofy van would pick us up at 8am..now I'm confused the guy that won't book the bounceback offer wants to buy into dvc.
IMG_3696.JPG
IMG_3697.JPG
IMG_3700.JPG
IMG_3704.JPG
IMG_3705.JPG
IMG_3706.JPG
IMG_3707.JPG
IMG_3708.JPG

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom