Sentinel Article on Contemporary DVC (or whatever it is)

Disneyfan1981

When I bought my DVC membership last July I asked my agent specifically about the Contemporary Resort and she said nothing was confirmed to them. By law she said if they had information about future properties confirmed that she'd have to disclose them to current members right away as well as prospective members but that she'd heard the rumors too and that if they pan out she'd be buying additional points at the Contemporary as well.

The thing is the way that the DVC works the amount of ponts a hotel costs doesn't go up that's the fringe benefit but the cost of the points you buy does, if this is not set to be completed until 2009 I wonder what the pricepoint of the points will be? Is there a limit to the amount of points you can add?

sconti

As a HUGE fan of the California Grill, I am excited to see the Contemporary DVC tower will/may have a restaurant and lounge on the 15th floor. Maybe a sister restaurant or totally new fine dining restaurant? Very excited either way.

chinitopoop

Are you being sarcastic?

If not, they already have I think. Don't know much about it though.

no not at all, I know they have celebration, but they should have another comunity, a bigger one, I dont see anything wrong with building a community the way epcot was originally planned, the only thing is they would have to come up with another name for it being that epcot is already taken

RiversideBunny

As a HUGE fan of the California Grill, I am excited to see the Contemporary DVC tower will/may have a restaurant and lounge on the 15th floor. Maybe a sister restaurant or totally new fine dining restaurant? Very excited either way.

Any chance the new restaurant will have Buffalo wings and beer- maybe be a big sports bar with large flat screen TV's everywhere and guest appearances from celebrities like Jessica Simpson, Kiera Knightly, and Scarlett Johansen ?

:animwink:

JLW11Hi

What I am worried about is how the new tower is going to affect what you see in the park. The Town Square Expo Hall is the only building on Main Street built to scale so it blocks the view of the Contemporary and thus, keep you in the mood of early 1900's USA. I am hoping that the new tower doesn't affect new things like this. Its the small things that keep Disney what it is.

I agree. If you can see it from Tomorrowland, or even a portion of Liberty Square, well, fine. But to be able to see it right in Town Square on Main Street is pushing it. Its such a definitive locaiton for Disney, you'd think they'd try to retain the escapism here as much as possible.

The tower itself looks like a nice addition to the Contemporary, though.

Scooter

I wonder if this tower is going to be visible from the MK? I can't recall, can you see the Contemporary from the MK?

There are a few attractions/areas where you can spot Disney's Contemporary Resort in The Magic Kingdom, if only for a few seconds.

The Town Square Exposition Hall, the building on the right as you enter The Magic Kingdom, is the only building on Main street that was built to actual size, that is, without the use of forced perspective. The reason it was built normal size, was to hide Disney's Contemporary Resort. They didn't want to compromise the turn of the century look on main street.

CaptainMichael

There is already a walkway between the Contemporary and the MK (takes about 5-10 mins., not long at all. What they really need to do is complete the walkway between the Grand Floridian and the MK. The only problem is it would have to either cross over or under the Electrical Water Pageant canal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom