Selling Unused Park Tickets

RocketRob

Original Poster
I have a main entrance pass. I wasn't sure I would be able to use it so I purchased standard park passes for our upcoming trip. Now that the blackout dates are out for October I WILL be able to use my main entrance pass for next week.

I have
4 qty - 6 day park hopper passes (hard tickets in hand)

Is there a way to sell these passes as they are completely unused? I paid $2,600 for them.

Thanks for your help. Just now found this forum.

Goofyernmost

I don't know for sure, but I am fairly sure that they are yours. Hold onto them and use them at a different time might be possible, but you have to be sure. I don't think they allow selling them.

RocketRob

Original Poster
Thanks. I was worried about that. Sucks.

Are they offering any fast past service of any kind right now? I realize this Genie service isn’t out but do they offer anything to skip lines?

DVC Ted

If the tickets are, indeed, completely unused, you should be able to reassign them to anyone else in your friends and family list.

nickys

Premium Member
Are they offering any fast past service of any kind right now? I realize this Genie service isn’t out but do they offer anything to skip lines?
No, thee is no Fastpass right now, until Genie+ &/or the IAS*rides start being offered.

*IAS - Individual Attraction Selection rides where you can pay directly to jump the lines at two headliners per day.

nickys

Premium Member
Thank you. Would have to add whomever purchased them. Where can you sell them? eBay?
The problem is that there would be no way for the buyer to check that these were unused. I wouldn’t ever recommend that anyone buys tickets on eBay or any other such site.

You could always try asking Disney if they would refund. If not, you can hang onto them until you need them. If they’re dated you can use the full value of them towards new tickets.

ppete1975

so there used to be the people that bought and sold unused tickets outside the gates, ive never understood how that could work since your name is tied to them and once you start using them they expire.

nickys

Premium Member
so there used to be the people that bought and sold unused tickets outside the gates, ive never understood how that could work since your name is tied to them and once you start using them they expire.
Well in those days there was no MDE account you had to link them to. And all tickets were valid for 14 days. I remember there were signs up and down International Drive when DH and I came for our first trip. We had Disney tickets but we bought Universal tickets from one of the outlets. It was fine but now I can’t believe we were so naive…… but then everybody did it, even guide books told you about buying partly used tickets cheaper.

Raxel7851

Well in those days there was no MDE account you had to link them to. And all tickets were valid for 14 days. I remember there were signs up and down International Drive when DH and I came for our first trip. We had Disney tickets but we bought Universal tickets from one of the outlets. It was fine but now I can’t believe we were so naive…… but then everybody did it, even guide books told you about buying partly used tickets cheaper.
@nickys it was a much simpler time back then. Like you wrote I wouldn’t touch buying a Disney ticket on EBay or any other “reseller”. I do remember the 14 day stipulation. Before we became AP holders, we bought the length of stay passes.

wutisgood

The problem is that there would be no way for the buyer to check that these were unused. I wouldn’t ever recommend that anyone buys tickets on eBay or any other such site.

You could always try asking Disney if they would refund. If not, you can hang onto them until you need them. If they’re dated you can use the full value of them towards new tickets.
I have bought tickets on eBay many times without issue.

Goofyernmost

That really all started with the original paper tickets that they "date stamped" when you used them. There was absolutely no connection to anyone, it was easy to see how many were left and there never was a problem using them plus they never expired . I have to admit that I used those places in the late 80's and 90's to buy and sell additional days until they started using the sell by name and finger scan process. Now there isn't anyway to use them because now they have to be part of the MDE account due to reservations of park visiting. I really doubt that they will refund you for them but may be willing to let you use them later. The only catch to that is that if they have had a rate increase since you purchased them there will probably be an additional charge. Most of those small places now just sell tickets for Disney and if they sell them without asking you what parks you wanted for what dates, they are selling bogus admissions and you will end up paying extra once you get to the parks because they aren't worth the paper they are written on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom