Segway Tour

dumboflyer

Original Poster
I have a few questions about the Segway Tour....

1. If it rains, can you change dates? Do they cancel it if it rains? How far in advance must you schedule it?

2. What do you actually do on it? It says an hour training and an hour riding, but a friend of mine said you get to go backstage? Is this true?

3. Is there a maximum number of people that can go on the tour? There are 7 in our group.

4. Is the Segway dangerous? Are there places to SIT down along the way? My mom really wants to go. The trouble is that she has some health problems, including two artificial knees. She would like to be able to sit down somewhere along the tour, if she needs to. Because of her health problems, it would be particularly terrible if she fell off of it. Can this happen? Or only if you are goofing off? I heard Bill Clinton fell off a Segway a few years ago.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP! :)

djronnieb

dumboflyer said:
I have a few questions about the Segway Tour....

1. If it rains, can you change dates? Do they cancel it if it rains? How far in advance must you schedule it?

2. What do you actually do on it? It says an hour training and an hour riding, but a friend of mine said you get to go backstage? Is this true?

3. Is there a maximum number of people that can go on the tour? There are 7 in our group.

4. Is the Segway dangerous? Are there places to SIT down along the way? My mom really wants to go. The trouble is that she has some health problems, including two artificial knees. She would like to be able to sit down somewhere along the tour, if she needs to. Because of her health problems, it would be particularly terrible if she fell off of it. Can this happen? Or only if you are goofing off? I heard Bill Clinton fell off a Segway a few years ago.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP! :)

1- I'm not sure
2- you go to the training on the backstage area, then you ride around World showcase for an hour or so.
3-I believe you can have 7 people in the group
4- It was George Bush who fell off one and that was because he forgot to turn it on before getting onto it. As long as it's turned on it's impossiable to fall off unless of course you run into a tree or Mickey Mouse or something.

Craig & Lisa

Ok, short and sweet. Did the tour in 2004, was great, they are very helpful with people, we had at least 10 people in our group I think the limit is 12. You would have to call to see what happens when it rains. And believe it or not, it's a very comfortable to ride, but they understand if you need to rest, they stopped at least 4 times during the tour, enjoy.

JerMerBear

Well, if you run into a tree, the tree will win.

If you run into Mickey, you'll be fine. One of my coordinators let me run into him at top speed I could get it and he just went back while I was still standing.

Then again if Mickey is unsuspecting, it might be different. But he has plenty of padding to collide into. :)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
If it rains, the exterior portion will be canceled and half of the price refunded.

Calling 407-WDW-TOUR is a good idea for "current" answers to all of your questions.

You don't really go backstage as far as i know - but in areas that are used just for the tour. So that mgiht explain why it's seen that way.

I think the max is like 10 or 20, but 7 should be fine.

About mumsy, they do have mobility requirements for the tour. Also, there is an age limit (not that she'd be too old, but others in your party might be too young ;) ) Again, I suggest calling and getting the exact details.

gibsonc

UK Disney Geek
I took the tour in May this year, whist training the cast members told us that the reason people normally fall off is if you catch either of the Segway wheels on the curb/edge of the sidewalk or something else. Sure enough whilst going around the small garden aread at the side of the American Adventure one member of the group slightly caught the stone edge around the flowers and fell off. But she was fine and we continued on with the tour after a couple of minutes. If you make sure you keep the wheels away from things you shouldnt fall off, and no one else did.

You have the choice to skip harder parts of the tour such as some of the slopes, bumps and tight paths that are at various points around the world showcase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom