Segway Around the World, Weight Requirement

stevediesel

I'm wondering if anyone else, or a CM, has experience/knowledge with the 250# weight requirement @ Epcot's Segway Around the World?

I'm 6' 4" & I can be anywhere between 255-260 & wondering if they actually will weigh people if there is some question? People are always surprised when I tell them how much I weight as I'm in pretty good shape. I'm planing on dieting to try to come down to 250, but after a few days on the dining plan I think I could gain back the 5 pounds!

Thanks for your help.

Nemo14

I'm wondering if anyone else, or a CM, has experience/knowledge with the 250# weight requirement @ Epcot's Segway Around the World?

I'm 6' 4" & I can be anywhere between 255-260 & wondering if they actually will weigh people if there is some question? People are always surprised when I tell them how much I weight as I'm in pretty good shape. I'm planing on dieting to try to come down to 250, but after a few days on the dining plan I think I could gain back the 5 pounds!

Thanks for your help.
My DH is in the same height/weight range as you. When we did the Segway tour 2 years ago he had similar worries, but they never weighed him.
Enjoy the tour - it was great!

Upvote 0

TLS

Just starve yourself until your trip!

You'll most likely be walking off any eaten calories.

I walk for a living (in both jobs) and found myself in better shape/less weight when I returned. (high 90 degree/high humidity will help that too!)

Upvote 0

Testtrack321

Segway imposes the weight requirement as per their testing on the i2. You can probably go over, but you're putting lots of stress on the Segway and Disney puts that up incase anything happens.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

Thanks for your help.

I have the same problem you do - almost. I am 6' 4" and 220, but everybody thinks I am around 190-200. Nobody said boo to me (or to other people who looked a lot more out of shape than me) either time I did the Segway tours. Nobody was weighed.

-dave

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom