Seeking Raglan Road recomendations

Mrhappyplace

Original Poster
I'll be visiting Raglan Road for the first time and despite reading the menu numerous times I'm really undecided on what to order. Franky everything seems overpriced to me, even considering it is a restaurant at WDW. At first I was thinking of ordering two appetizers or the Appetizers D'Lirrah instead of a entree but now I'm leaning towards a entree.

The Schnitzel Savvy sounds the most appealing to me but I'm also considering It's Not Bleedin' Chowder!, Braised Be Beef, or the Mighty Mixed Grill. The grill seems to be the best value for the price but I probably don't need that much food.

So if anyone has eaten there recently and wants to recommend something foe me I'd appreciate it.

meganwdw

Raglan Road is our traditional first night dinner before we hit the parks! I love the beef stew and the serious steak and also the burger! I've never had dessert b/c I always try to save room for Ghiradelli!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Here are some pictures of what we got on our visit to Raglan Road. It was a very good meal, the only disappointment was the ribs. They were okay but we've had better. The entrees were very good and worth the price. We also enjoyed the dancers. Neither one of us had room for dessert.

Bread service.
IMG_0465.JPG

Rib appetizer
IMG_0471.JPG

Mixed Grill
IMG_0474.JPG

The sausages and mash with the beef stew. (This was AWESOME!)
IMG_0475.JPG

Mickey5150

Best Restaurant Ever!! I can't even begin to say how much I love about this place and I have been to most WDW restaurants. Appetizers D'Lirrah is awesome. As far as entrees, the Schnitzel, Heavenly Ham, the Mixed Grill, this is making me hungry. Between my family and I we have probably had everything on the menu and it is all phenomenal. The mixed grill would be a great way to get a good feel for the flavors of Raglan Road and now I need to go look at the menu since I'll be eating there on the 27th. Enjoy! :cool:

samosaurus

The restaurant has a pleasant atmosphere with entertaining live music and Irish step-dancing. Not to mention the food is AMAZING!
View attachment 88683

We were first served brown Irish soda bread with a Guinness-olive oil reduction for dipping. The Guinness reduction was very sweet (it reminded me of honey) and a delicious compliment to the bread.
View attachment 88690

Dad decided to order an appetizer to share, (not included in the dining plan) the Scallop Forest - George Bank scallops in a golden batter served with citrus lime dipping sauce & sweet chili jam. I had never eaten scallops before, so was unsure what to expect. They ended up being very good and the dipping sauces gave a nice added flavor.
View attachment 88684

For her entree, mom ordered the Bangers & Booz - Guinness & onion bangers on mash, topped with caramelized onions & beef stew. She enjoyed the dish, but it was so hearty that she couldn't finish it all.
View attachment 88688

Dad had a tough time deciding between all the tempting items on the menu, but ended up going with the Braised Be Beef - Braised beef with horseradish mashed potatoes, roasted carrots and parsnips. Raglan Road was the restaurant Dad was most looking forward to on this trip, and his high expectations continued to be exceeded with this dish.
View attachment 88689

Madeline and I each ordered the Mammy's Roast Chicken - Lemon thyme roasted half chicken with mashed potatoes, creamy herb bread sauce and a red wine jus, which we both enjoyed.
View attachment 88691

Now, onto dessert! I chose the Ger's Bread and Butter Pudding, which is simply described as being "Like no other you have ever tried. Believe us." And wow!, you better believe it! This was absolutely delicious and the highlight of the meal for me. The pudding itself was the perfect texture and came with yummy cream and
caramel-y sauces to pour over it.
View attachment 88694

Maddie ordered the Dunbrody Jaffa Kiss, described as "Chef Dundon's gift to America; Chocolate, orange marmalade center, add more chocolate , then add some more" This was too rich for her taste, but someone who really likes rich, dark chocolate would probably enjoy it.
View attachment 88696

Mom had the Dundon's Delight - Raspberry pavlova with vanilla pod ice cream and raspberry sauce. She loved this dessert and couldn't stop raving about it!
View attachment 88697

Last but not least, Dad had the Fluffy Lemon Clouds - Intense lemon curd tart topped with fluffy meringue. He really enjoyed this. It seems like a great fresh-tasting, sweet-meets-tart option.
View attachment 88698
Some info for you, per my trip report. I don't think you can go wrong with anything you choose. Everything we had was great! I highly recommend the bread & butter pudding for dessert.

JusticeDisney

I'll be visiting Raglan Road for the first time and despite reading the menu numerous times I'm really undecided on what to order. Franky everything seems overpriced to me, even considering it is a restaurant at WDW. At first I was thinking of ordering two appetizers or the Appetizers D'Lirrah instead of a entree but now I'm leaning towards a entree.

The Schnitzel Savvy sounds the most appealing to me but I'm also considering It's Not Bleedin' Chowder!, Braised Be Beef, or the Mighty Mixed Grill. The grill seems to be the best value for the price but I probably don't need that much food.

So if anyone has eaten there recently and wants to recommend something foe me I'd appreciate it.
I understand planning out in advance which restaurants you will eat at. But how in the world can you plan far in advance which specific meal you will order? That just seems crazy to me. I mean, don't you kinda have to just wait til that evening to see how you feel and what dish you are in the mood for?

Mrhappyplace

Original Poster
I would recommend going with your original choice of the Appetizer D'Lirrah and perhaps the bread and butter pudding if you want dessert. As for an entree I recommend the beef stew.

I'll definitely be ordering the bread and butter pudding. Nearly every review I've read has raved about it!

LOVE Raglan Road.. here's a recap of our visit last October
http://www.kingdomkonsultantblog.com/2015/06/raglan-road-review.html

Thanks for the link!

Raglan Road is our traditional first night dinner before we hit the parks! I love the beef stew and the serious steak and also the burger! I've never had dessert b/c I always try to save room for Ghiradelli!

It's our first meal/dinner on property too.

Here are some pictures of what we got on our visit to Raglan Road. It was a very good meal, the only disappointment was the ribs. They were okay but we've had better. The entrees were very good and worth the price. We also enjoyed the dancers. Neither one of us had room for dessert.

Bread service.
View attachment 110354

Rib appetizer
View attachment 110355

Mixed Grill
View attachment 110356

The sausages and mash with the beef stew. (This was AWESOME!)
View attachment 110357

Thanks for the pictures, sorry the ribs disappointed you.

Best Restaurant Ever!! I can't even begin to say how much I love about this place and I have been to most WDW restaurants. Appetizers D'Lirrah is awesome. As far as entrees, the Schnitzel, Heavenly Ham, the Mixed Grill, this is making me hungry. Between my family and I we have probably had everything on the menu and it is all phenomenal. The mixed grill would be a great way to get a good feel for the flavors of Raglan Road and now I need to go look at the menu since I'll be eating there on the 27th. Enjoy! :cool:

I hope I enjoy it as much as you do.

Some info for you, per my trip report. I don't think you can go wrong with anything you choose. Everything we had was great! I highly recommend the bread & butter pudding for dessert.

Thanks for the link to your trip report & the pictures.

I understand planning out in advance which restaurants you will 2 eat at. But how in the world can you plan far in advance which specific meal you will order? That just seems crazy to me. I mean, don't you kinda have to just wait til that evening to see how you feel and what dish you are in the mood for?

Well I'm not really committing to any particular menu item at any of our adr's (except Boma where I'm 100% sure I'll get the buffet ;) ) but every other menu I've looked at I'm only seriously considering one or two choices. With Raglan Road while I only mentioned 5 choices there are another 2 or 3 choices I'm considering and I'm just trying to narrow my options a bit.

Mickey5150

I went to the Raglan Road website and it looks like the mixed grill is gone. However there are a few new dishes that look pretty awesome.

Mrhappyplace

Original Poster
I went to the Raglan Road website and it looks like the mixed grill is gone. However there are a few new dishes that look pretty awesome.

Well that figures I'd been reading the menu like it was my 11th grade chemistry book and they go and change it just before I go there for dinner.

I'll probably be going with the Schnitzel Savvy but well know for sure in a few hours.

Mickey5150

Well that figures I'd been reading the menu like it was my 11th grade chemistry book and they go and change it just before I go there for dinner.

I'll probably be going with the Schnitzel Savvy but well know for sure in a few hours.
I don't know if you have an adr or not, but the patio seating is first come first served. There is a small roped off area on the left as u enter the door. I always sit outside, love the live music and the atmosphere. Hope you have a great dinner!

Mrhappyplace

Original Poster
I don't know if you have an adr or not, but the patio seating is first come first served. There is a small roped off area on the left as u enter the door. I always sit outside, love the live music and the atmosphere. Hope you have a great dinner!

Yep we booked adr's months ago but Raglan Road was the only one I was unsure about it.

schnitzel savvy is one of my favs!!!!!

It is what I ordered and it was very tasty for sure, the serving size was a very large and I only ate about 75% of it. I probably could have finished it but I wanted to try the bread & butter pudding which my wife and I split. That was very good but I'm glad we split a order cause it was incredibly filling.

I also tried a bit of my wife's Bangers & booz which was very tasty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom