Seeking Interviews Where Bob Iger and Chapek Speak on Disney Brand

Poseidon Quest

Original Poster
I'm just doing some source hunting here, but I'm having a bit of trouble finding what I'm looking for. Essentially, I'm doing a commentary piece of the Disney "brand" and I definitely recall both CEOs speaking about it in interviews, whether it be relating to Disney parks or Disney+. I'm mostly looking for video if anyone knows where to point me, but text interviews or memos would work as well. Bonus points if you can find anything about Eisner speaking about it.

For the sake of discussion, I would like to highlight the differences in what Disney "brand" has meant in different areas. Whereas today, leadership is obsessed with it as a corporate buzzword and is relying on just the name alone (as Disney Storyliving illustrates, slapping their name onto generic housing developments for quick cash), "Disney" in the Eisner era reflected quality and attention to detail (at least most of the time). It was that obsession with moving into other industries such as retail or cruises, but doing so in the "Disney way" that made it unique and helped reinforce Disney as a fundamental cultural staple.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom