Seeking Advice on getting to the parks prior to open

Red Sox

Hey everyone,

We'll be staying at All Star Movies this August and I am seeking everyone's sage wisdom regarding what time to leave the resort in the AM to make it prior to park open so we can take advantage of the typically less busy AM's! We'll be using Disney transportation (buses for the most part I'm guessing given our resort choice). What time should we be out the door? When do the buses start running? Any and all tips and experiences welcome please.

Can't wait for this trip!

Thanks!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hey everyone,

We'll be staying at All Star Movies this August and I am seeking everyone's sage wisdom regarding what time to leave the resort in the AM to make it prior to park open so we can take advantage of the typically less busy AM's! We'll be using Disney transportation (buses for the most part I'm guessing given our resort choice). What time should we be out the door? When do the buses start running? Any and all tips and experiences welcome please.

Can't wait for this trip!

Thanks!
A most magical welcome to the wdwmagic family! My best advice is find out what time your first bus is and use it!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

PUSH

On our past trip we left about an hour(ish) before park opening. This allows for time to get ride on the bus, and get through the back check and turnstiles. Then you'll have some time to wait, but it's better to be in the front of the line than the back.

Upvote 0

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
I would ask your front desk CM about what time the buses usually start running, but it's supposed to be around 2 hours before opening. We had a 8am ADR at CP a couple of weeks ago, and the buses at our resort started running at 6:45am for MK.

On a typical park day, we try to be at the bus station at least 1 hour before opening (earlier if it's busy). Depending on how early in August you will be there, you will want to be at the park at least 30-45 minutes before opening, so you can get through the turnstiles in plenty of time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom