See SERENITY risk free this weekend!

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
This isn't my guarantee, though I am a HUGE Firefly/Serenity fan, but it apparently is legit.
Why pass it up?

TRY SERENITY RISK-FREE SATURDAY and SUNDAY

"Hello, Internet. This offer is coming from someone who has no affiliation with the film Serenity, its creators or its fanbase. I’m just someone who dug the movie, and think plenty of you will too, if you give it a chance.

If you’re a fan of the genre and you have an open mind, see Serenity on Saturday, October 8th or Sunday, Octorber 9th. Save your ticket stub. If you decide after seeing the film that it wasn’t worth the price of admission, send an email to itriedserenity@yahoo.com. You will receive instructions on how to get a refund.

If you’re ever going to take a chance on the best-reviewed sci-fi flick of the year, this is the weekend to do it. Male and female fans alike of Star Wars, Star Trek, The Matrix, Buffy, Battlestar Galactica, Babylon 5, Robot Jox, this means you. This money-back guarantee is as real as one man can make it.

Please re-post anywhere and everywhere. Thank you!"

Sincerely,
itriedserenity@yahoo.com

imagineer99

Call me crazy, but do you honestly think that this is going to save this movie?

It flopped. Plain and Simple. Obviously, the monetary gain of the movie has nothing to do with it's quality, but as of right now, a lot of people just don't want to see it. Such is life. I wish more people would rush out to see "Everything is Illuminated," but they aren't. I honestly feel bad for all those loyal Browncoats out there...

I don't plan on seeing Serenity (unless it flies on to cable every once in a blue moon or I get seriously bored). I'm not in to science fiction in general, and after seeing a couple episodes of the show, I can say that it gets the "meh" award from me.

Testtrack321

imagineer99 said:

It flopped. Plain and Simple. Obviously, the monetary gain of the movie has nothing to do with it's quality, but as of right now, a lot of people just don't want to see it. Such is life. I wish more people would rush out to see "Everything is Illuminated," but they aren't. I honestly feel bad for all those loyal Browncoats out there...

I don't plan on seeing Serenity (unless it flies on to cable every once in a blue moon or I get seriously bored). I'm not in to science fiction in general, and after seeing a couple episodes of the show, I can say that it gets the "meh" award from me.

Me and a few of the guys here in Dayton are going to see it tomorrow. I can't wait. I think we shouldn't write it off as a flop just yet.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Testtrack321 said:
Me and a few of the guys here in Dayton are going to see it tomorrow. I can't wait. I think we shouldn't write it off as a flop just yet.
He's talking about its box office intake (I loved the movie....I'm a Firefly fan though but I'm not a "hardcore" fan).

It still has yet to debut in most major international markets so I'd wait until then and see how it fares (and sci-fi always does better internationally) before calling it a flop.

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
imagineer99 said:

Save the film? Nah, but it might get a few more butts in the seats. I honestly believe that anyone who sees it will enjoy it.

I feel about this film/show the way many on these boards feel about Star Wars. It's hard not to fight for something you feel so strongly about.

xfkirsten

I still have four episodes left to watch before I catch this one... but I'm planning on it sometime this week...

Out of curiosity, though, what's the gore level in it? I tend to be a bit squeamish, and I've spent my fair share of time with my hands over my eyes during the series - I think I only actually saw about half of "War Stories" for that very reason. :lol:

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
Nothing really gory. Mal gets his butt kicked a few times...Reavers jump out and grab people a few times...and one other little surprise...but nothing too crazy. It's PG-13, afterall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom