Security at Disney Springs?

Epcotfan21

Original Poster
This past weekend we visited Springs, but had to park in the Grapefruit garage because the place was a mad house. Parking in Grapefruit was a first for us, but I was surprised to see that we didn't have to go through any sort of security/bag check like we've previously had to with Lime and Orange.

I told my wife that I would find it hard to believe that Disney decided to completely rid themselves of security at Springs, so I'm curious to know if this is just a Grapefruit garage thing or if they did away with it in all of the garages.

SplashJacket

This past weekend we visited Springs, but had to park in the Grapefruit garage because the place was a mad house. Parking in Grapefruit was a first for us, but I was surprised to see that we didn't have to go through any sort of security/bag check like we've previously had to with Lime and Orange.

I told my wife that I would find it hard to believe that Disney decided to completely rid themselves of security at Springs, so I'm curious to know if this is just a Grapefruit garage thing or if they did away with it in all of the garages.
Some of the entrances have security, others don’t. It’s very strange.

Epcotfan21

Original Poster
The only thing we did notice was there was an officer with a dog sniffing as we exited the walkway and headed towards the World of Disney store.

To be honest, it was quite nice not to have to wait in any sort of security line because it usually takes a while from our previous experiences at Springs.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Somebody correct me but I thought security at Springs was the responsibility of CFTOD?
Security at DS is done buy WDW security as well as a detail from Orange, Osceola, and Lake counties SO's that is contracted by WDW. CFTOD provides another level of security in the parking garages by watching cameras and looking for odd behavior. If they see any they call WDW security to look into it. CFTOD has nothing to do with security outside the garages.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom