Secret Mission Breakout Easter Egg no one talks about

TwilightZone

Original Poster
So my friend showed me this today and I had to share this with you guys. So at tomorrowland one of the satellite dishes on the observatron is missing.
5wFgbzYo.jpg

Now on the top left of Mission Breakout what do you see?
7386c68l.jpg

That's right, the exact satellite that's gone from the observatron! Is this disney's clever way of hinting at a new tomorrowland renovation or is this just disney being lazy? We may never know!

TwilightZone

Original Poster
How long has that thing been missing? That it's taken the online community this many months to notice the removal of the dish says a ton about how much fans care about the Observatron.
It's been gone since at least 2013. So the fact that so few people mentioned the satellite missing, let alone being moved to the top of mission breakout goes to show how unliked of a decoration the observatron is. What a shame considering the observatron has a fascinating backstory.

TwilightZone

Original Poster
The concept art for the Observatron shows it was suppose to have lasers and smoke effects. All that got cut from the budget to give us a piece of space garbage.
If this is a hint for a new tomorrowland renovation, I really hope they're also hinting for this concept to become a reality or for a new rocket ride to be placed on the roof.

D

Deleted member 107043

The concept art for the Observatron shows it was suppose to have lasers and smoke effects. All that got cut from the budget to give us a piece of space garbage.

DLR sure has come a long way since the TL 98/DCA 1.0 days.

From a showmanship standpoint the original Orbitron concept would have been much better. However interesting it may have been it always seemed counterintuitive to me to recycle a functioning ride into an animated prop that customers can't get close to, feel, take photos in front of, or sit in. A little more effort and they could have created an original kinetic design from scratch and allowed people up there to view it.

Monorail_Orange

They need to completely demo the rocket tower and replace it with a fountain like Epcot's Fountain of Nations.

epcot-fountain.jpg
Respectfully, I disagree. I think they should rebuild the tower into functionality again, and restore it to the centerpiece of TL. Move the Astro Orbiter back up on top, and fix/repair/rebuild the PeopleMover back into service with modern tech. Yes, all wishful thinking only, I know...but one can dream.

Phroobar

Respectfully, I disagree. I think they should rebuild the tower into functionality again, and restore it to the centerpiece of TL. Move the Astro Orbiter back up on top, and fix/repair/rebuild the PeopleMover back into service with modern tech. Yes, all wishful thinking only, I know...but one can dream.
A new Astro Orbiter would never be able to handle the crowds in that area because you have to get people up the gantry and the mechanism is too small to handle more ships. Besides we have enough spinning rides if we get that new Dash spinner in DCA. Face it, the People Mover is never coming back. The track takes up space needed for walking and wasn't exactly an exciting ride. If the restaurant has to stay, a fountain would be good entertainment and temporary until the whole land is demoed.

SSG

I don't think it's the same dish. If you count the triangles for the dish on MB you get 12. You can only see half the triangles for the dish on Observatron but I count 10 on that half alone.

Monorail_Orange

A new Astro Orbiter would never be able to handle the crowds in that area because you have to get people up the gantry and the mechanism is too small to handle more ships. Besides we have enough spinning rides if we get that new Dash spinner in DCA. Face it, the People Mover is never coming back. The track takes up space needed for walking and wasn't exactly an exciting ride. If the restaurant has to stay, a fountain would be good entertainment and temporary until the whole land is demoed.
Perhaps I should be more clear, they should model the rebuilt tower like MK's, and expand upon it as necessary to accommodate more ships. A Gantry lift, again like in MK, but modernized could also fix that issue. It would not "just be another spinner" because the current Astro Orbiter at the front of TL would be removed. PeopleMover could get the true rebuild and full budget that was orginally intended that would have changed the fate of RocketRods. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying any of this is going to happen. You stated your opinion that you hope they remove it all together and turn it into a fountain. I simply added mine that I would like to see a renaissance of TL using the original concept and applying modern technology. I'm no fool, what I'm thinking would cost too much to ever get greenlit, but a man can dream. :cool:

TROR

I don't think it's the same dish. If you count the triangles for the dish on MB you get 12. You can only see half the triangles for the dish on Observatron but I count 10 on that half alone.

But if you look here, you can see some do have 12.

34214506521_af1e10715e_b.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom