Second closure for Disneyland Paris due to COVID-19

Indy_UK

we are thinking of going to DLP in late July/ August for school holidays. Being from the UK, we don’t fancy risking £8K or so on a holiday in Orlando giving COVID will still be lurking.

could Paris be a safe bet? I’m sure masks will still be a requirement but for 4 nights/ 5 days, I think I could live with that.

Am I right that the Marvel hotel still won’t be opening this year? Instead we are thinking Sequoia lodge. The restaurants any good?

husband and I adopted our little boy back in March and all we want is a Disney holiday. Cruise was cancelled for this year but we get that life is more important than anything

wdrive

we are thinking of going to DLP in late July/ August for school holidays. Being from the UK, we don’t fancy risking £8K or so on a holiday in Orlando giving COVID will still be lurking.

could Paris be a safe bet? I’m sure masks will still be a requirement but for 4 nights/ 5 days, I think I could live with that.

Am I right that the Marvel hotel still won’t be opening this year? Instead we are thinking Sequoia lodge. The restaurants any good?

husband and I adopted our little boy back in March and all we want is a Disney holiday. Cruise was cancelled for this year but we get that life is more important than anything

Late July/August is probably as safe a bet as possible right now, not saying that it is necessarily a safe bet but what travel is at the moment.

As for hotels right now at Disney I’d book one with the possibility that you may be moved. I’m not sure there is a date for the Marvel hotel to open right now. Sequoia remained closed throughout the time the parks reopened so no one can say for sure when it will reopen again. As for restaurants in Sequoia, I’ve eaten at Hunters Grill before, pretty much your standard buffet, I prefer it to Newport Bay’s however. Saying that buffets did not return when the parks reopened so it’s a stab in the dark at the moment saying how it’ll be when the Sequoia lodge reopens

Hope this helps somewhat

Indy_UK

Thanks for the detailed reply.

apparently Marvel hotel is looking to open for the summer so I’ll keep and eye out. If not Sequoia is fine but reviews are saying that it’s incredibly dated.

Also I’m guessing for the Marvel land of studios park is going to be a building site the rest of this year as that’s a next summer opening isn’t it?

wdrive

Also I’m guessing for the Marvel land of studios park is going to be a building site the rest of this year as that’s a next summer opening isn’t it?

Nothing they have released over the past few months has mentioned Marvel land opening this year, I’m not sure they even know at this point. As for attractions opening this year it’s mainly just the new Studio tour and new Disney Jr show. But again probably both COVID depending

LukaLand

apparently Marvel hotel is looking to open for the summer so I’ll keep and eye out. If not Sequoia is fine but reviews are saying that it’s incredibly dated.

We stayed at the Sequoia Lodge about 18 months ago and honestly, its not as terrible as everyone makes it out to be. Yes, I found the rooms a little dated but overall if you aren't planning on spending a lot of time in them they will be fine.

cjkeating

Sequoia is a bit of a weird one... the location is good, the bar is good, the restaurant is decent but the rooms let it down.

Not sure how old your child is but if you don't mind the lack of pool I think Hotel Cheyenne is a good alternative and more child friendly with a light Toy Story theme, it is also more recently refurbished. Newport again offers a more recently refurbished option but is less child orientated than Cheyenne. I think Hotel New York when reopened will be the best hotel excluding the magical factor of Disneyland Hotel.

Animaniac93-98

Sequoia is a bit of a weird one... the location is good, the bar is good, the restaurant is decent but the rooms let it down.

It's advertised as a 3 star hotel. I think the rooms are fair if you expect that.

It was the first of the hotels to be given a major renovation starting in 2011, but unlike Newport or Cheyenne, there wasn't an effort to get an extra star rating. Maybe they'll try for that in the future?

cjkeating

It's advertised as a 3 star hotel. I think the rooms are fair if you expect that.

It was the first of the hotels to be given a major renovation starting in 2011, but unlike Newport or Cheyenne, there wasn't an effort to get an extra star rating. Maybe they'll try for that in the future?

Each hotel refurbishment has increased in scale and quality as they have worked through them and as you say Sequoia was the first, if the rooms were upgraded to a modern standard I think it could quite easily be my go to DLP hotel whereas currently it is Cheyenne or NPBC if I can get a good price.

Personally I don't think Sequoia needs the extra star as with NPBC upgraded it would leave a significant 'moderate' gap in their offerings. I don't think Cheyenne deserved the extra star and even NPBC's new rating is a push.

Sir_Cliff

Each hotel refurbishment has increased in scale and quality as they have worked through them and as you say Sequoia was the first, if the rooms were upgraded to a modern standard I think it could quite easily be my go to DLP hotel whereas currently it is Cheyenne or NPBC if I can get a good price.

Personally I don't think Sequoia needs the extra star as with NPBC upgraded it would leave a significant 'moderate' gap in their offerings. I don't think Cheyenne deserved the extra star and even NPBC's new rating is a push.
I honestly preferred Sequoia over NPBC even after staying at the latter following the refurbishment. That's mainly because I prefer the architecture, landscaping, and atmosphere of Sequoia. Considering cost, though, I think I would be more inclined to stay at Cheyenne over either if I were booking a trip today as the drop-off in room quality is not that steep but the price can be. Cheyenne is also quite a fun resort and the walk to or from the parks is quite nice when you have the time. If the prices were comparable, though, I'd probably choose Sequoia.

Indy_UK

Tricky one. Currently i am holding out on Art of Marvel opening. Sequoia is my next choice. Never stayed there but when Husband and I went and look around it before, it was really nice but the videos of the rooms don't exactly WOW me. Cheyenne was coming in about £200 cheaper for the 4 nights nights, however not sure how long the walk is. Sequoia was lovely and would be ideal with a 4 year old.

Is anyone here going to attempt to go to DLP this year too or are you all going to try and avoid it?

cjkeating

Tricky one. Currently i am holding out on Art of Marvel opening. Sequoia is my next choice. Never stayed there but when Husband and I went and look around it before, it was really nice but the videos of the rooms don't exactly WOW me. Cheyenne was coming in about £200 cheaper for the 4 nights nights, however not sure how long the walk is. Sequoia was lovely and would be ideal with a 4 year old.

Is anyone here going to attempt to go to DLP this year too or are you all going to try and avoid it?
I'm from the UK and an Annual Pass holder so I'll be over as soon as the parks are open and travel restrictions allow it. I visited after the reopening and it was still a great experience, was planning on going back September but travel restrictions kicked in and then in November the second closure happened.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Sorry I missed this. We got to DLP in September last year (when things seemed to be getting better) and felt very safe. Low crowds probably helped. Covid precautions were exemplary.

Sequoia is a great resort, although undergoing another refurb at the moment. It was virtually rebuilt in 2010-12, we last stayed in it 2019 and it was as nice as ever. Would certainly recommend it.

wdrive

Chapek saying no reopening until at least end of second financial quarter which would be late June at the earliest.

Sir_Cliff

Chapek saying no reopening until at least end of second financial quarter which would be late June at the earliest.
I suspect if things change between now and then they can always bring it forward.
That said, I don't rate the chance of things changing dramatically in the next few months very highly. Vaccinations are creeping forward very slowly in Europe...

wdrive

I think the end of the second financial quarter is late March/early April, as Jan 2nd saw the end of the first financial quarter.

Attachments

• 6F1BC43B-7A4A-408C-91EC-5D178E0CE138.jpeg
    6F1BC43B-7A4A-408C-91EC-5D178E0CE138.jpeg
    55.1 KB · Views: 138

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom