Second Bay Lake Tower?

Brian Swan

Original Poster
This may be old or long dead, but a friend just asked me if I knew if there were "still" plans to build a second Bay Lake Tower or if the idea was shelved. Fact is, this is something I had never even heard about in the rumorsphere. Does anyone know anything about this?

FrostyNaples

This may be old or long dead, but a friend just asked me if I knew if there were "still" plans to build a second Bay Lake Tower or if the idea was shelved. Fact is, this is something I had never even heard about in the rumorsphere. Does anyone know anything about this?

By 2075, the lakes will be drained, the park expanded into that land, and you will be able to take a slide from your hotel room directly into space mountain.

P_Radden

Not necessarily a second Bay Lake Tower, but I think they might be looking into building a DVC tower down near CBR/DHS/Epcot area at some point. No source, just a guess.

Disney4family

I think it would be a hard sell in that location. BLT offers a lake view and a Magic Kingdom view. This location could only offer a lake view since The Contemporary is blocking a Magic Kingdom view.
WDW also has a loyal clientele who adore the quiet and convenient location of the Garden Wing. I know they removed the other one for BLT, but at least Guests could stay in the one remaining. (As I'm typing, I know when push comes to shove for most decisions lately, more rooms and money would win over sentimentality and loyalty).

DisneyJoe

In looking at the Contemporary property map, converting the South Garden Wing to a second BLT would require an expansion in the parking due to the second BLT holding more guests, and I don't know how they would accommodate that.

EOD K9

In looking at the Contemporary property map, converting the South Garden Wing to a second BLT would require an expansion in the parking due to the second BLT holding more guests, and I don't know how they would accommodate that.
Maybe just build a half tower so as not to have as many guests and parking.
Sarcasm

kap91

Well it would be nice for the resort to be symmetrical again. Hard to believe it'll happen though.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm one of the probable few who dislike the look of the CR. Sure, the way it was constructed is fascinating, but it reminds me of those Soviet-era concrete block apartment buildings, with a train running through it. The lobby is to me stark and cold. And dark.

I get excited about the design of WL, GF, AK, the Poly...those are beautiful resorts with grandiose design (and grounds). IMHO.

:)

epcotisbest

I just can't find anything that looks like a hideous, out-of-place monstrosity that is overshadowing anything in these pics. The two seem to compliment each other quite nicely.

baylake7.jpg

6a0133f1918702970b017c3629108d970b.jpg

BrianV

My gripe is the height of BLT, not the exterior of the building itself. I, too, think they did a nice job trying to blend the two towers together. I just wish BLT was about six or seven floors lower. If you can't see how ugly BLT is next to the current tower, then I won't be able to change your mind :p But I don't see how anyone can truthfully believe the current layout is better than this.
contemp1.png

That is better!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom