Seaworld's next attraction after Antartica?

klstorey

I hope it's an update to the Shamu Harbor area that will include a good family dark ride and some (better) uniform themeing throughout. The area is starting to look dated and a few new rides could really help.

I expect to to be an update to Wild Artic, that ride is really starting to feel old.

The dreamer in me dreams for a Universal style update of the surface parking to include a new hotel and transit system that connects the whole resort complex. (or for real big dreams how about a Universal buyout? but that discussion is on another board somewhere on here I'm sure)

I agree with what has been said already.

Wild Arctic is very dated (and will be even worse when a new 'trip to cold weather area' ride opens this spring)

The hospitality center and Clydesdale hamlet area seems like its clock is ticking.

I could also see a major production replacing Alure sometime soon.

OFTeric

People i know at SW know how bad allure is, surveys convey the same, the clock is ticking on that, and I would not be surprised if that ends up being the 2014 project that ends up tying into how that whole corner of the park is going to be redeveloped.

drew81

Original Poster
I think Wild Artic will get a retheming, new movie etc.

I think the new attraction will incorporate some type of marine life the park currently doesn't have. What that species would be is anyone's guess. I bet it will be some type of dark ride.

djlaosc

I think Wild Artic will get a retheming, new movie etc.

I think the new attraction will incorporate some type of marine life the park currently doesn't have. What that species would be is anyone's guess. I bet it will be some type of dark ride.

I would like Wild Arctic to have the same basic premise (a simulator, focused on Antarctica, and I like the idea of a helicopter ride side and the walking side, although I guess that they could change it to a snowmobile or something - although a helicopter fits easier with the amount of people together at once - 59), but according to Wikipedia, Wild Arctic opened in 1992 (21 years ago!) so it is really due a new film with better quality graphics/CGI/whatever it uses, and maybe 3D?

I'm sure that there are a lot of marine life that aren't yet featured in SeaWorld Orlando, so it would be good to get some new animals to see. A dark ride would be good, as they currently have two rollercoasters, a simulator, a boat ride, a gyro tower and various children's rides, although I guess that Antarctica is similar to a dark ride (although not actually a ride in the dark) - I guess an actual dark ride or an omnimover could be something for all ages - and if the location of the Hospitality House is correct, then it would be near the Shamu's Happy Harbor so it could be the "next step" for the younger children.

Jakester

I could see Wild Artic getting the "Antartica" style retheme, As in bringing in new(er) ride technology and getting rid of the simulators

cheezbat

I believe that "Wild Arctic" will stay but get the Star Tours 2.0 type redo. With entirely new cabins and film. The simulator is literally shaking itself to pieces.
That was Busch's excuse for closing Akbars Adventure Tours...supposedly the simulator couldn't handle it.

My opinion? They just didn't want to spend the money on upgrading a simulator.

I truly hope they update Wild Arctic. It's a ride so many more people can enjoy unlike Manta or Kraken. Sea World needs more family rides.

wdwfan4ver

I agree that something needs to be done with Wild Arctic. I went to Sea World for the first time last year. Wild Arctic was rough compare to Star Wars: The adventure continues. All the attraction needs is to be updated.

OFTeric

Things I think we can count on being attended to in the near future:

1. Old Beer School location - New attractions
2. Ride portion of Wild Arctic - Improvements
3. SeaFire Inn - dining concept to be modified post Makahiki
4. Allure stage show - new show
5. Clyde and Seyemore - new show

ISTCrew20

Really hoping we see a Shark Encounter expansion. If there were to build past the access road, there is a quite a bit of room for expansion.

OFTeric

This is very ambitious and would be really expensive but I think it'd be great to bring whale sharks to SeaWorld. I saw them last year at the Georgie Aquarium and they were really impressive and so fun to watch. They could build a huge aquarium for them and put other species in there and then build a dark ride that goes through tunnels in the aquarium. They could also offer special programs to snorkel and swim with the whale sharks - that's what GA Aquarium does.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE to see the Whale Sharks at SeaWorld. I will saw I was pretty "meh" on the Georgia Aquarium since I am such a SeaWorld love... but the Whale Sharks had me saying "WOW" simply incredible, magnificent, and beautiful. I would be so happy if they could come to SeaWorld.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom