SeaWorld shopping for theme parks that can’t ‘weather the storm’ - OCR/SCNG

DanielBB8

I would think SeaWorld can't survive much longer. SeaWorld is a tainted brand as long as it owns Orcas. Many people just won't visit it. I'm the exception, but it needs more than roller coasters and botched dark rides. I was eager to try out all-day-dining. Too bad Covid-19 ruined this year's summer plans.

Magic Feather

They used it as their example in the article, but I’m under the impression that Sesame conversions are really the only concept being thought of if buying up other parks. The current conversion is SoCal can be looked to as a potential blueprint.

Rich T

Does the OC Register have a grudge against Sea World? That was about the nastiest, most cynical opening sentence for that article they could possibly have come up with.😃

Last edited:

PiratesMansion

Pros of park x being acquired by SeaWorld: park will become prettier.
Cons of park x being acquired by SeaWorld: operations will get worse. SeaWorld isn't exactly the most stable of companies. Their board appears to be a bunch of toxic meddlers who routinely drive out their CEOs.

I see zero upside to any park being acquired by SeaWorld, to be honest. And I say that as someone who generally enjoys their parks!

cmwade77

I would think SeaWorld can't survive much longer. SeaWorld is a tainted brand as long as it owns Orcas. Many people just won't visit it. I'm the exception, but it needs more than roller coasters and botched dark rides. I was eager to try out all-day-dining. Too bad Covid-19 ruined this year's summer plans.
Honestly, they are doing a lot to clean up their reputation that has been falsely dragged through the mud. As someone who has lived in San Diego, I am very well aware of the good nd bad that they have done. No organization is perfect, but honestly they do far more good than bad.

cmwade77

Pros of park x being acquired by SeaWorld: park will become prettier.
Cons of park x being acquired by SeaWorld: operations will get worse. SeaWorld isn't exactly the most stable of companies. Their board appears to be a bunch of toxic meddlers who routinely drive out their CEOs.

I see zero upside to any park being acquired by SeaWorld, to be honest. And I say that as someone who generally enjoys their parks!
The CEOs are an issue, but the parks themselves are generally run well.

PiratesMansion

I don't go on the roller coasters because of the poorly designed restraints, but things like Shipwreck Rapids and Wild Arctic have been fine and so have the rides at SeaWorld Orlando when we have gone.

Not sure what you mean by poorly designed restraints; I can't speak for Texas, but the coasters at the San Diego and Orlando parks don't have any restraints that are any different from similar rides at other parks.

If you mean "unaccommodating to guests of size" I can see that argument, but that wouldn't really make Sea World different from most of the industry unfortunately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom