• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

SeaWorld may be up for sale. Who should buy them?

AndyS2992

Advertisement
Sea World is far below that of Disney’s standards and with all the controversy Sea World has brought on to itself I’m sure Disney wants no part in it. It’s more of a Six Flags or Merlin property.

Tom Morrow

I can see Merlin buying it. They're bigger than Six Flags and they already have Legoland in the area and the Orlando Eye complex right down the road.

AJH219

Who ever buys the property better not cut the exceptional entertainment the park offers. Things like Electric Ocean and their Christmas celebrations rival anything Disney could ever dream of doing

Coaster Lover

If/when they are sold, I'd imagine that would be the end of the orcas and dolphins at the park. I don't see Universal or Disney buying them and whoever does buy them is in a tough situation in Orlando (and not just because of the whole BlackFish situation). With Disney and Universal ramping up, I think they are really going to put a squeeze on everything else in Orlando. Adding SeaWorld and/or Aquatica as add-on days to Orlando Vacations will be a much tougher sell as both Universal and Disney continue to do everything they can to keep guests on property for the entirety of their stay. I mean, previously, SeaWorld and Universal had a nice symbiotic relationship... there wasn't enough at Universal to justify a week's stay, so it made sense to do Universal for 3-4 days and SeaWorld for 1-2 days and between the two it filled a week nicely, especially when you could get the "Orlando Flex Pass" and hop between those parks as you wanted. Once Universal adds their 3rd gate, I have to wonder if they pull out of the "Orlando Flex Pass" and once that happens, I'd imagine numbers at SeaWorld could tank (no pun intended).

Derrit

If/when they are sold, I'd imagine that would be the end of the orcas and dolphins at the park. I don't see Universal or Disney buying them and whoever does buy them is in a tough situation in Orlando (and not just because of the whole BlackFish situation). With Disney and Universal ramping up, I think they are really going to put a squeeze on everything else in Orlando. Adding SeaWorld and/or Aquatica as add-on days to Orlando Vacations will be a much tougher sell as both Universal and Disney continue to do everything they can to keep guests on property for the entirety of their stay. I mean, previously, SeaWorld and Universal had a nice symbiotic relationship... there wasn't enough at Universal to justify a week's stay, so it made sense to do Universal for 3-4 days and SeaWorld for 1-2 days and between the two it filled a week nicely, especially when you could get the "Orlando Flex Pass" and hop between those parks as you wanted. Once Universal adds their 3rd gate, I have to wonder if they pull out of the "Orlando Flex Pass" and once that happens, I'd imagine numbers at SeaWorld could tank (no pun intended).
Disney already has Dolphins and fish at Epcot, so it's not impossible for Disney to make a deal with Seaworld, especially if they felt the need to add waterlife/aquarium animals to Animal Kingdom.

And honestly, I dont think people have that much of a problem with orca's in captivity as long as they have a big enough enclosure and taken care of, I think what most people have trouble with is the shows, which are being discontinued.

Disney already has Dolphins and fish at Epcot, so it's not impossible for Disney to make a deal with Seaworld, especially if they felt the need to add waterlife/aquarium animals to Animal Kingdom.

And honestly, I dont think people have that much of a problem with orca's in captivity as long as they have a big enough enclosure and taken care of, I think what most people have trouble with is the shows, which are being discontinued.
Disney has dolphins in Epcot? Where ...?