Seaworld is winning the regional themepark race

seascape

Original Poster
We are now over a week from Cedar Fair turning down Seaworld's proposed merger. So it is a good time to look at the market caps of the companies. Seaworld now has a market cap of $5.41 billion, Six Flags has a market cap of $3.93 billion and Cedar Fair is only at $3.18 billion. That means Cedar Fair worth $390 million less that Seaworld's final offer of $63.00 a share. Cedar Fair needs to take some strong action to drive it's market cap up because their shareholders have lost over 10% of their value since the Board of Directors turned down the offer. It will be interesting to watch what Cedar Fair does to increase their profits and how much is cut from park spending and capital investment.

Wilbret

I was hopeful they'd accept the offer. We love both the Carowinds park in NC and SeaWorld parks. Would have been very interesting to see what it could become.

LittleMerman

I was hopeful they'd accept the offer. We love both the Carowinds park in NC and SeaWorld parks. Would have been very interesting to see what it could become.
Same, I would have loved for Kings Dominion in VA to be a SeaWorld park. Still a pretty fun park though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom