Seaworld Howl-O-Scream

JT3000

I'm cautiously intrigued. I don't expect it to rival HHN, but hopefully it's at least on par with Tampa's event. I would have gone to that more often if it were closer (and they didn't recycle houses.) More options are always a good thing.

jeanericuser001

Im definitely going for an unlimited pass for both parks though I do have some unanswered questions to consider.
1. Will houses be full sized like pre-covid howloscream or smaller mini outdoor ones like last year's scare zone/mini houses?
2. Will Sea world have its own version of the Fright Feast and where will it take place?
3. Will all rides be active during this or just rollercoasters?
4. Will any of the smaller animal exhibit areas or restaurants be used for houses ie turtles 360, dolphin viewing area, waterway grill, and etc.?
5. Will any nocturnal animal exhibits be put to use?
6. Will sesame street be open too or used as a scare zone? Imagine a mutant sesame street or zombie apocalypse sesame street.
7. Will the schedule be similar to howloscream at BG or only on select days?
8. Will there be a separate menu of unique food/drink items or will craft beer fest menu carryover into howloscream?
9. Will there be a stay and scream option for passholders who also have howloscream tickets?
10. Will sea world limit the amount of people in the parks or will they try to get as many people in as possible?

71jason

Im definitely going for an unlimited pass for both parks though I do have some unanswered questions to consider.
1. Will houses be full sized like pre-covid howloscream or smaller mini outdoor ones like last year's scare zone/mini houses?
2. Will Sea world have its own version of the Fright Feast and where will it take place?
3. Will all rides be active during this or just rollercoasters?
4. Will any of the smaller animal exhibit areas or restaurants be used for houses ie turtles 360, dolphin viewing area, waterway grill, and etc.?
5. Will any nocturnal animal exhibits be put to use?
6. Will sesame street be open too or used as a scare zone? Imagine a mutant sesame street or zombie apocalypse sesame street.
7. Will the schedule be similar to howloscream at BG or only on select days?
8. Will there be a separate menu of unique food/drink items or will craft beer fest menu carryover into howloscream?
9. Will there be a stay and scream option for passholders who also have howloscream tickets?
10. Will sea world limit the amount of people in the parks or will they try to get as many people in as possible?
A lot of details yet to be announced but ...

1. Full indoor houses
2. No word of this, thinking maybe next year?
3. Conventional wisdom is not even all the coasters will be used. Sesame Street certainly won't open, river raft ride probably shuttered too just so they can shut down that path--what non-coaster rides are left?
4. No one knows, tho I'm pulling for Shark Encounter. One of the hints points to Wild Arctic but that hasn't been confirmed yet. That said a lot of animal exhibits are across the park from where the main action will be, may be closed off.
5. Doubtful, been no mention, and the event seems like it will be focused more on the classroom/convention space area of the park.
6. No way. Copyright holder wouldn't allow land/IP to be used for a PG-13/R event in a million years.
7. Posted on site, generally Thursday to Sunday (Th/Sun until 12, Fri/Sat until 2)
8. Unique drinks and "bar experiences" for sure. I imagine some food as well
9. Not announced but seems a lock, Tampa does
10. Afraid we can guess this one

Sea World has posted hints as to what the houses and zones will be:

jeanericuser001

I got a chance to wander around the park yesterday as well as peek into a few areas. It looks like they will be solely relying on tent houses or backstage areas so no existing attractions will be affected.

jeanericuser001

Just got back from Howloscream. So far the event seems like a basic effort with not too much bells and whistles but just enough to work as a basic event. The houses are mid range on size while HOS BG having slightly bigger and HHN still having the biggest. They do shine some what in the detail of some of the houses but the one major detriment is both the amount of houses and alas the wait for said houses. Due to covid they are carefully regulating how many people can go in at one time and while this can result in less congo lines through the houses it can also increase the wait. If you come during a very busy night then you may be in for some very long waits. In addition the basic front line fear pass is only 50 for most of the days so you basically can bypass much of the wait much more cheaply than BG or Uni. The scarezones are some what good with decent work on costumes though the real surprise is the work on the larger set pieces. They did a good job on many of these and surprisingly the gore is a fair bit tuned down in some spots. There was one interesting caveat I noticed though. Many people brought kids to this event. In fact I saw the parents of the year who were taking their little girl through the house in her mother's arms as well as a baby in a stroller. Im sure that baby will be having interesting dreams for the next decade or two after that. hehe As for surprise of the year, keep an eye out in the pirates scarezone. You may see a certain familiar character walking about. hehe Overall it was a fairly good event despite the long waits. I especially recommend going on infinity falls in the dark during HOS. Its a pretty wild ride in the dark and I don't know why but while riding it I kept thinking of Metallica - Enter Sandman.

Attachments

• 20210910_213329_HDR.jpg
    20210910_213329_HDR.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 133
  • 20210910_213842_HDR.jpg
    20210910_213842_HDR.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 20210910_215018_HDR.jpg
    20210910_215018_HDR.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 20210910_214117_HDR.jpg
    20210910_214117_HDR.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 126

shipley731

My husband & I have tickets for HOS next Sunday night. Can anyone confirm that we can enter SeaWorld using our Annual Passes mid afternoon & stay to do HOS or will we have to exit and re-enter through the event entrance. We used to go to HHN years ago & were always able to do that.

jeanericuser001

My husband & I have tickets for HOS next Sunday night. Can anyone confirm that we can enter SeaWorld using our Annual Passes mid afternoon & stay to do HOS or will we have to exit and re-enter through the event entrance. We used to go to HHN years ago & were always able to do that.
I would say yes though one thing of note is that they close off half the park after 5 so you need to make sure you are at the HOS side when that time comes. Likely they will have people handing out the wrist bands for hos near Wild Arctic and then you will wait in an area until its opening time. I do highly recommend you get the front line fear though as the waits can be pretty bad unless its a particularly slow night. One other thing to note is the entrance/exit is different during hos so if you are parked towards the front during the normal hours you will have a long long walk ahead of you as the exit puts you out quite a distance away from the entrance to the park during normal hours.

Last edited:

shipley731

Thank you for the answers! We’re staying at the Renaissance across the street, so no worries about parking. Also bought the front of h TV e line pass. I learned my lesson a long time ago with HHN.

PostScott

Mako and Infinity Falls are the only rides listed as operating during the event, but the app states wait times for Kraken and Manta. Does anyone know if Manta and Kraken are also open or is the app just being weird?

jeanericuser001

They technically do not close the park. They just shut off access to certain areas for hos. They can still have sea world open on one side and have hos open on the other. This way they can have manta and kraken open while at the same time having hos. The only catch is once you traverse to the hos side you can't go to the sw side unless you exit hos thru the hos exit and head to the front for the sea world entrance. I wish they had an entrance for going both ways back and forth but it likely would require too much work that sea world doesn't want to deal with especially if a karen bought just a hos ticket but then demanded wanting to go to the rest of sea world as well for free.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom