• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

SeaWorld Christmas Celebration 2018

AJH219

Original Poster
Its that time of year when SeaWorld lets us fall in love with it all over again! Tomorrow is the start of their fantastic Christmas Celebration and I thought it would be fun to have a thread to discuss this year's event! I'm very much looking forward to seeing O' Wondrous Night and of course Winter Wonderland on Ice! What are your SWO Christmas favorites?

Journey_On

Advertisement
Definitely O Wondrous Night! We have our reserved seating night set up for the second week in December. We love SW's Christmas Celebration.

WildernessLodge

The Shamu Christmas Miracles is beautiful and the ice skating show is always really fun! I'm still sad that they got rid of Polar Express at Wild Arctic bc that was really cute too.

cheezbat

Got to experience it all yesterday. They do such a fantastic job with christmas! I’m so glad they’ve kept all their offerings included with daily admission.(unlike Disney 😡)
O Wonderous Night was fantastic, the sea of trees is always a neat touch, and I really enjoyed the Rudolph character trail area too!

jt04

Got to experience it all yesterday. They do such a fantastic job with christmas! I’m so glad they’ve kept all their offerings included with daily admission.(unlike Disney 😡)
O Wonderous Night was fantastic, the sea of trees is always a neat touch, and I really enjoyed the Rudolph character trail area too!
Hoping, as with Electric Ocean, they plus this every year.

Sonconato

I was absolutely BLOWN AWAY with SeaWorld's Christmas celebration. I had not been to SeaWorld in 23 years and I can surely say that as far as Christmas goes, they have beaten Disney by far. "O Wondrous Night" was unbelievable, and if anyone had to choose between MVMCP and anything at SeaWorld, I would suggest SeaWorld immediately.

AJH219

Original Poster
I'm so glad people are discovering how awesome Sea World is at Christmastime. Far far better than Disney stuff. The only park that I enjoyed at Christmas more than SW was Dollywood.
I have always wanted to visit Dollywood at Christmastime. Unfortunately, I just don't know if I could handle the cold lol!
I was absolutely BLOWN AWAY with SeaWorld's Christmas celebration. I had not been to SeaWorld in 23 years and I can surely say that as far as Christmas goes, they have beaten Disney by far. "O Wondrous Night" was unbelievable, and if anyone had to choose between MVMCP and anything at SeaWorld, I would suggest SeaWorld immediately.
What makes the celebration even more wholesome is that SWO isn't filled with greed and allows ALL their guests to enjoy these stunning shows. There is no way something like O Wondrous Night would ever be "free" at WDW. But it goes beyond that, they really deck the entire park out for Christmas. None of this lazy "stop at Main Street" crap, it is every where.

Nemo14

I have always wanted to visit Dollywood at Christmastime. Unfortunately, I just don't know if I could handle the cold lol!
We actually had a warm night when we went a couple of years ago, but an ice storm hit the area a few days later. It was awesome though - all kinds of music everywhere and the entire place was lit up. We're hoping to go back next year.

Sonconato

What makes the celebration even more wholesome is that SWO isn't filled with greed and allows ALL their guests to enjoy these stunning shows. There is no way something like O Wondrous Night would ever be "free" at WDW. But it goes beyond that, they really deck the entire park out for Christmas. None of this lazy "stop at Main Street" crap, it is every where.
Well said.

mnelson3

Two questions for you Sea World experts ;) what kind of lights are those “icicles” hanging down from the trees by Shamu Stadium? And where can I buy these! lol. Would love one of those RGB trees except I’m not technical enough lol :(.

Also for you toy train experts what gage train set do they use for their train village? I used to have a Lionel 3 rail train set when I was young, but unsure what the larger size set is?

Since the Christmas season brings early closures to a majority of the Disney parks, SeaWorld has become the place I go to on Sundays. Every time I go, there is always an "educator" at each animal exhibit without fail. This used to be the case throughout the Oasis area in AK, but seems to be no longer. In fact, I think that there are more employees everywhere "on stage" than there are at Disney. It's nice to see, however, the singers from the Festival of the Lion King perform in some of the shows such as "O Wondrous Night" and "Shamu Christmas Miracles."

Top Bottom