Seaworld CEO resigns

The Pho

It’s important to note that this guy only had the job for 5 months and is the 4th CEO to resign in 5 years.

No Name

Yes, anyone who believes the park has been "low performing" clearly hasn't been recently. It's been stuffed to the gills the last 2 years, particularly in the summer for Electric Ocean (imagine how crowded it would be if they actually marketed right) and Christmas. Heck, this year Halloween was a madhouse, I went only once because each time I tried it was way too crowded. Looks like those days are long gone now though.

I’m curious how you think they aren’t marketing right. I honestly have little clue how good or bad their marketing is.

The Pho

SeaWorld attendance was up significantly last year in all 3 parks.
I worded that poorly. I meant the performance immediately following Blackfish not the previous year. They’ve turned it around tremendously, and I’ll continue to suggest people go, it’s a truly great chain for a multitude of reasons between SeaWorld and Busch.

No Name

I worded that poorly. I meant the performance immediately following Blackfish not the previous year. They’ve turned it around tremendously, and I’ll continue to suggest people go, it’s a truly great chain for a multitude of reasons between SeaWorld and Busch.

Ah okay now I see what you mean.

lazyboy97o

It was a mix of that and declining performance for the past few since Blackfish.
Even before Blackfish, SeaWorld had some deep, structural problems. As Busch Entertainment it was set up as a publicity enterprise and personal project of the Busch family. The parks were there to generate goodwill with the public, not profits. This was further compounded by have much of the corporate infrastructure and processes essentially donated to Busch Entertainment from the parent company. SeaWorld went from being a pet project that didn’t pay for things like legal, IT and payroll, not having those people to even do those tasks and instantly having to generate profits for an investment firm.

jensenrick

I doubt sea world would ever close but it has been mismanaged for so many years. My friend worked there on weekends and quite after a month after learning how bad it was.

Mismanagement has closed many businesses, and I'd wager that SW has worse problems than that.

Just for clarity, do I understand correctly that your friend worked there on weekends for one month, for max of 8 total days?

joanna71985

Why? How many punches can one company take? Especially since, as someone said earlier, they aren't just the pet project of a major beverage corp. anymore - they are on their own to "sink or swim" if you pardon the pun.

because they aren't the only park closed right now. plus, one of their own parks has already been a seasonal park for awhile

jensenrick

because they aren't the only park closed right now. plus, one of their own parks has already been a seasonal park for awhile

I'm not following. Do all the other parks have, in addition to being closed, an almost absurd inability to retain a CEO, or a very active propaganda campaign aimed directly at making sure they go out of business?

As for the seasonal park, is this not the season they would open? Which is almost worse?

seascape

I'm not following. Do all the other parks have, in addition to being closed, an almost absurd inability to retain a CEO, or a very active propaganda campaign aimed directly at making sure they go out of business?

As for the seasonal park, is this not the season they would open? Which is almost worse?
Seaworld will survive but not as an independent company. They will be purchased by another company soon or be in bankruptcy and purchased. They have way too much debt for a company with a market cap of 818.75 million.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom