Seasonal vs part time

bluesnut

Original Poster
I have a question about the different options.

I have applied for merchandise seasonal. We are moving down there in two weeks but we aren't selling out up north, just in case. :eek:

Can you make seasonal as "full time" as you want? Or is it really hit and miss as far as hours? Would I be better telling them I could do P/T also?

I just want to hear from some seasonal people to give me an idea of what I'm headed into.

Thanks!

Sir Hiss527

I am currently a seasonal cast member about to go back to PT with the company. As far as being seasonal is concerned, when you get hired as a seasonal cast member, you pretty much have to have full availability especially for the peak seasons, at least starting out.

When you go from being PT to seasonal, you really only have to do around 40 hours every 6 months, depending on the area. With part time, you only have to give your area 3 full days of availability. Its really not that difficult, but I feel with Part time you get more benefits such as comp tickets, main gate passes, discounts, etc. for almost the exact same amount of work a seasonal cast member does. Let me know any other questions you have.

I've been offered seasonal and I'm waiting for my rehire paperwork to come back. I thought to be seasonal you only had to have 8 consecutive weeks of full availability during the year? And after that you just had to have full availability for whatever availability you give them.

bluesnut

Original Poster
Thanks Sir Hiss!

I guess where I'm concerned is, I have a friend whose a snowbird that is seasonal security. It seems like he doesn't get much work while he is there. I signed up for seasonal because I didn't know how this would work for me. I just don't want to have signed up for seasonal and be sitting around with no work, when if I'd have hone with part time I'd be defenitly getting work.

Having less work or no work some of the year isn't a problem for me. Having less or no work all year is.

Leonardo

I tried to apply under full or part time for merchandise but was told seasonal was all they had so I took it to at least get my foot in the door. From there I have a friend that told me that if I need more hours I can do them in her store.

Sir Hiss527

Honestly, from what i've heard they are trying to cutback on hiring seasonal people. (Which means they will probablly hire more freakin CP's, ughhh) But thats another story. :p

bluesnut

Original Poster
What is a CP? I get where I think I'm understanding the abbreviations and then one comes up and it's like I don't have a clue! Well I guess I'm about to find out! Lol! I'm really excited to get down there and start. I'll start where ever I have to. I would eventually like to get into guest services. But I'm not sure how to get to that point. The recruiter said they hire that from within.

Honestly, from what i've heard they are trying to cutback on hiring seasonal people. (Which means they will probablly hire more freakin CP's, ughhh) But thats another story. :p

They can't hire more CP's than they can provide housing for so there won't be an increase in CP's anytime soon.

They seem to be doing a lot of seasonal hiring right now. I was offered a seasonal position pending my rehire paperwork.

Thrill Seeker

They can't hire more CP's than they can provide housing for so there won't be an increase in CP's anytime soon.

They seem to be doing a lot of seasonal hiring right now. I was offered a seasonal position pending my rehire paperwork.

I think he means keep CPs who finish their programs. A lot of them who make it through and want to at least keep their benefits stay seasonal and work from time to time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom