Seasonal Overlay Game

MickeyMouse10

maxresdefault.jpg

Illumination Jubilation
----- (Christmas themed event)

I think all of the Illuminations movies could get in on the holiday fun. "The Grinch", "The Secret Life of Pets", "Despicable Me", and "Sing" all compliment the season well. The latter one of the bunch could be a stage show with Christmas songs.

Happy, Merry, Festive Fun Ride
----- (Christmas themed ride)

Silly Swirly Fun Ride would just need Holiday lights, Holiday tunes and a Minion with a Christmas sweater. There's not much that really needs to be done to it, to make it feel Christmassy. It's basically Dumbo with a different look. For a little extra magic the bugs could be turned into humbugs and have garland draped across them too.

Next up on the list of Seasonal Overlays is.… Peter Pan's Flight

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
PETER PAN'S HOLIDAY FLIGHT

Peter Pan brings Wendy, Michael and John to the snowy Neverland on Christmas Eve,
but one big problem that Captain Hook and his pirates kidnapped Santa Claus so Peter Pan will rescue Santa from Captain Hook.
Flying over the snowy hills, Christmas trees, colorful lights, snowfall effect, snowmen, reindeer soaring over the skies as Santa waves at you at end of the ride. Tinker Bell will have her special gift from Peter Pan too.

Next is Jurassic World the Ride.

MickeyMouse10

PETER PAN'S HOLIDAY FLIGHT

Peter Pan brings Wendy, Michael and John to the snowy Neverland on Christmas Eve,
but one big problem that Captain Hook and his pirates kidnapped Santa Claus so Peter Pan will rescue Santa from Captain Hook.
Flying over the snowy hills, Christmas trees, colorful lights, snowfall effect, snowmen, reindeer soaring over the skies as Santa waves at you at end of the ride. Tinker Bell will have her special gift from Peter Pan too.

Next is Jurassic World the Ride.

Very nice D32

Captain Hook could even try to trick the Lost Boys into thinking he's Santa Claus at one point. Though it's quite obvious he's not him.

Meanwhile his pirates and Smee could play the parts of his merry elves. Even if it is against their wills and better judgement.

"Ho ho Ho ho an Elves' life for me."

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

blob

Ghost Island
----- (Halloween themed ride)

------ Popeye and Olive Oyl encounter ghost pirates and skeletons. Based on the classic Halloween comics and episodes in this series. In this story Popeye and Bluto actually work together to escape Ghost Island.

----- Even the octopus and ship get ghostly makeovers as an octopus skeleton and ghost ship.

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

Yep, Jurassic World is up next. I can't think of anything at the moment. So if someone else wants to have a go at it that would be cool. It's already so awesome as is after the enhancements.

Forbidden Journey is a good one though. For some reason I don't think about the Universal ride choices. Must be because I'm a Disney guy.

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

ush.png

Universal's Classic Adventure
----- (Old Attractions themed ride)

It’s such a great ride that it was tough to come up with a holiday overlay for it. But I figured I give it a good old college try. I think you can integrate Jaws, Back to the Future, E.T. and Jurassic Park. By using John Williams score for each of the movies.

------ (Jaws music) The first part you go through looks like your average run of the mill fishing village. Just like the one from the original attraction. Then you proceed inside the Amity Island Aquarium building, where a large tank sits.

Inside the tank on the left is our favorite killer shark named Bruce, who swims by splashing you. You hear Quint from “Jaws” say "He's gone under the boat." as the shark swims under you and into the other set of screens. The shark then kills someone who made the mistake of entering his waters. Blood streams down the screens, making it obvious he did not survive. When it clears up all that remains of the victim is his leg, which sinks to the bottom.

----- (Bttf music) Next movie on the tour is "Back to the Future". You see Marty Mcfly and the Delorean on the left side and he’s looking across the river to the opposite side. Where a dinosaur sits eating plants. He says to Doc whose still seated inside the vehicle. “Doc I think we’ve gone too far back.”

----- (E.T. music) Moving on, as you and the boat proceeds up the next lift hill you see stars everywhere. And off in the distance is a large moon at the top. Once you get close enough you see E.T. proceed passed the moon and hear the famous line “E.T. phone home.”

----- (Jurassic Park music) In the very last sections, the only changes besides the music to this area would be John Hammond saying “Welcome to Jurassic Park.”

Plunge

Next up on the list of Seasonal Overlays is.… Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

potter.jpg

The Magical and Mysterious World of Harry Potter
----- (Anniversary themed ride)

You take on the role of Harry Potter in this version and venture through each movie’s many challenges. From the first adventure to the last, you encounter some of the most deadly wizards and creatures.

----- Battle a Troll, Quirrell, the Basilisk in the Chamber and the various obstacles of the Triwizard Tournament.

----- And finally board famous vehicles seen in the movies and books, like the Ford Anglia and the Knight Bus.

----- End your ride at The Battle of Hogwarts and encounter treacherous Giants, sinister Spiders, and diabolical Deatheaters. The latter ones send green spells your way narrowly missing you. Capping off your adventure will be the death of Voldemort, who after a well placed spell turns to ashes before you.

Next up on the list of Seasonal Overlays is.… Jungle Cruise

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Original Poster
Next up on the list of Seasonal Overlays is.… Jungle Cruise
Good call. I always felt "Jingle Cruise" was a succesful overlay if not a bit boring and lacking on theming. Might be a good one to revisit to see if it could be improved... especially now that it has new scenes. Think it's deserving of a Haloween overlay too. Probably difficult to pull off.

There was a Scooby Doo episode some years back that featured a story with the jungle inhabitants as ghosts. Thought that was an interesting concept but don't think it'd work in a practical/realistic setting. Plus seeing ghost animals would be a PETA issue. An interesting take for an animated show but a terrible idea for a ride overlay.

Still, it seems Disney struggles the most with converting their classic attractions into Halloween overlays. That Pirates of the Caribbean seasonal overlay where we hunt for Gunpowder Pete was awful.

Luckily for Jungle Cruise, there's enough content from the new movie and new scene additions to give Imagineering more to work with. Here's hoping we get a new HW offeing or an improved Christmastime overlay.

MickeyMouse10

Good call. I always felt "Jingle Cruise" was a successful overlay if not a bit boring and lacking on theming. Might be a good one to revisit to see if it could be improved... especially now that it has new scenes. Think it's deserving of a Halloween overlay too. Probably difficult to pull off.

There was a Scooby Doo episode some years back that featured a story with the jungle inhabitants as ghosts. Thought that was an interesting concept but don't think it'd work in a practical/realistic setting. Plus seeing ghost animals would be a PETA issue. An interesting take for an animated show but a terrible idea for a ride overlay.

Still, it seems Disney struggles the most with converting their classic attractions into Halloween overlays. That Pirates of the Caribbean seasonal overlay where we hunt for Gunpowder Pete was awful.

Luckily for Jungle Cruise, there's enough content from the new movie and new scene additions to give Imagineering more to work with. Here's hoping we get a new HW offeing or an improved Christmastime overlay.
35088353_1.jpg

Yep, that's what I was thinking. A Halloween overlay would probably be a better fit for Jungle Cruise than Christmas. They can have cannibalistic savages, who want to eat the skippers and evil monkeys.

There's a movie I saw when I was a kid with a tribal doll that used to freak me out. The above picture is the little B.

MickeyMouse10

fbbef88e22b0fbd8efe7702d5ca34626.jpg

The Voodoo Cruise
----- (Halloween themed ride)

------ (The Butterfly) The harmless butterfly is gone and in it’s place is a rather large spider and her very large spiderweb.

----- (Inspiration Falls) Blood falls down the rocks instead of the usual water. The Skipper seems unusually scared like it isn’t a part of the script. Which sets the mode for the rest of the ride.

----- (Book in the Jungle) The Voodoo Man is seen briefly blowing poison darts and narrowly missing the people on board. He has a creepy mask on with ancient designs and he wears animal pelts for clothing.

----- (Canoes and Bait shop) The boat ventures passed VM’s camp. Where he has a group of skippers in cages beside a boiling cauldron/pot. The Voodoo Man of course intends to eat the skippers. But it’s probably best not to show that part.

----- (Monkey Scene) The monkey that usually appears in the scene, is now sitting near Halloween themed goodies. Surrounding him is Jack o Lanterns and lots of bags of Candy. Nearby is an overturned vehicle, the driver must have given him raisins.

----- (The Rocks) The rocks say beware the Voodoo Man. Though you don’t see him for a while after this scene.

----- (Rhino scene) All of the skippers are in costume, as they hold on for dear life. They were on their way to a Halloween party when they met up with their unwelcomed guest.

----- (The Cave) Some new mysterious Creature is now calling the cave his home. The tiger that usually resides in it is now dead. All that is left of him is his bones, that were picked clean.

At first you just see The Creature’s shadow and hear his roar throughout. The decorations may not be everyone’s cup of tea though. Because there’s skulls everywhere, of the other foolish humans who’ve made the mistake of entering his cave.

At the end of the cave you finally set eyes upon him. He looks half ape, half human and fully crazy. The Skipper is forced to shoot at the Creature and you safely exit, with all your limbs.

----- (The Ending) The monkeys have the Voodoo Man roasting over a spit. Looks like he’s on the Dinner plans now.

Next up on the list of Seasonal Overlays is.… The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

Last edited:

Miru

For the occasion of St. Patrick’s day, the ride is given a new storyline of recovering the lost pots of gold.

(Blustery Day)
A pot of gold is blowing away in the distance as four leaves clovers flutter about the scene, and the scent of mint is added.
(Tigger)
Tigger now wears a Leprechaun hat. Dialogue has also been added to talk about the pot of gold.
(Heffalumps and Woozles)
The H&Ws now carry pots of gold rather than their usual honey. The lights have become more greenish, and the music is in an Irish style.
(Floody Place)
The characters have new dialogue about sailing for gold, and the mint odor returns. Clovers can also be seen.
(Hero Party)
The pot of gold is recovered, and the mint smell continues. New dialogue has been added to point this out.

Next target is The Great Goofini

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom