Seasonal Multi-Day Ticket Pricing Coming Soon

Missing20K

Is there any chance that whatever they consider the "low" season to be, ticket prices may actually be less than prices currently? Or is that just a total pipe dream and it makes sense to buy tickets if you are going at any time in 2019?

JoeCamel

Is there any chance that whatever they consider the "low" season to be, ticket prices may actually be less than prices currently? Or is that just a total pipe dream and it makes sense to buy tickets if you are going at any time in 2019?
Buy now if you can afford it.

Goofyernmost

Buy now if you can afford it.
I thought I read someplace that the tickets expire, unused, in around a year. They will still apply what was paid for the purchased tickets, but, they would have to be exchanged for new ones and pay the difference between the old price and the new one. So purchasing a long way in advance, might just be for nothing really.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
FWIW, I contacted UT regarding physical, mailed tickets. For the park hopper I was interested in they said they had some that expired 12-31-18 and some that expired 2-28-19. The E-tickets were good until 12-31-19.

azox

I thought I read someplace that the tickets expire, unused, in around a year. They will still apply what was paid for the purchased tickets, but, they would have to be exchanged for new ones and pay the difference between the old price and the new one. So purchasing a long way in advance, might just be for nothing really.

yes I have seen that on recent tickets we have purchased even from the resellers.

I miss the days of being able to just buy non expiration tickets, it was much easier then.

boufa

Not sure what it means, but I am going in November, so I got my tickets a few weeks ago to avoid the potential increase...

They say "Expires 5J0CY" not sure what the heck that means.

UPDATE.. in another part of the letter it says "Expires 1/14/2020"

disneyflush

@lentesta Sorry, have you been able to find out any new information on a possible date the new ticket pricing will go live? I'm a few weeks away from being able to buy them without putting them on a credit card and am waiting as long as possible. Feel like I'm playing chicken with Disney and I'm definitely going to lose.

dreamfinder

@lentesta Sorry, have you been able to find out any new information on a possible date the new ticket pricing will go live? I'm a few weeks away from being able to buy them without putting them on a credit card and am waiting as long as possible. Feel like I'm playing chicken with Disney and I'm definitely going to lose.

Typically when the change happens there will be at least a short window of notice. And even if it's minute, most of the resellers will still stock/sell the tickets at the old price until their currently supply runs out. So advance notice isn't the end of the world, just keep an eye on the boards and such.

lentesta

Premium Member
Original Poster
Typically when the change happens there will be at least a short window of notice. And even if it's minute, most of the resellers will still stock/sell the tickets at the old price until their currently supply runs out. So advance notice isn't the end of the world, just keep an eye on the boards and such.

Agreed. You should have at least 24-hours notice on the change.

I haven't heard anything in the last couple of weeks on it. I'm checking.

Obobru

Disney worlds ticketing system is a mess, it's built by Viva Ticket who used to be called Omniticket and are based near Holyland. The system has to cope with decades of ticket data that has changed over the years and has hundreds of thousands of tickets which are still valid stored in it in various formats plus Disney loves to change everything every few years making it even more of a beast to manage. I can't imagine how much development will have to be done to make this work but at somepoint the whole ticketing system will need a full overhaul.

ToTBellHop

Disney worlds ticketing system is a mess, it's built by Viva Ticket who used to be called Omniticket and are based near Holyland. The system has to cope with decades of ticket data that has changed over the years and has hundreds of thousands of tickets which are still valid stored in it in various formats plus Disney loves to change everything every few years making it even more of a beast to manage. I can't imagine how much development will have to be done to make this work but at somepoint the whole ticketing system will need a full overhaul.
For $2 trillion?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom