Pre-Trip Seas the day! Land and Sea Pre-Trip Report!

Good morning!! I am going to split this into 2 pre-trip reports - one for my stay at Disney's Boardwalk Villas - this will just be me and my husband, and then one for my cruise aboard the Disney Dream - joined by my mom, dad, and brother!

Who: Me, Husband (A)
When: July 27-Aug 2
Where: Disney's Boardwalk Villas
Why: My AP expires August 7th and I will not be renewing this year - expanding my world beyond the world showcase. We booked 7 days so that A and I could get some down time resort hopping and really enjoy everything WDW has to offer. Last time we went together (Feb 2018) was for Princess Half Marathon Weekend and between the Fairy Tale Challenge and my need to do everything, we were non-stop and needed a vacation from our vacation (to say the least).
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who: Me, A, Mom (R), Dad (K), brother (S)
When: Aug 2 - Aug 5
Where: Disney Dream
Why: Annual family trip!! My parents graciously let me tag along with them last summer (that was their 8th Disney cruise and my 1st) and I fell in LOVE. I got enough service on the ship to get the OK from hubby (he did not come on the cruise) and my dad and I booked joined verandah rooms for summer 2019!

After a YEAR of countdowns, and payments for the cruise (which felt like a small mortgage), today marks 60 days out from arriving at WDW! I picked my FastPass+ reservations this morning, and I can't think about anything else except Disney.

Next up - the plans.

StitchSNK

Original Poster
Saturday July 27 - Travel Day - Check in Day - Cry Tears of Joy Walking Down Main St USA

Our flight lands at MCO at 9:48am - we will head straight to DME and be on our way to the Boardwalk Villas. Quick drop off our belongings and get on the bus to the Magic Kingdom!

As per tradition, we will stop immediately at the Confectionary for a Mickey shaped Rice Krispie Treat.

FastPass+ Saturday, Magic Kingdom
12:25 Space Mountain
2:50 Buzz SRS
4:35 BTMR

New things we'd like to try: the POTC treasure map game around Adventureland

Around 7pm we will head to DS for dinner at Raglan Road, our favorite DS restaurant.

StitchSNK

Original Poster
Sunday July 28 - Rope Drop Hollywood Studios - Relax at the Polynesian

The only FastPass+ I was unable to reserve was SDD. Today there are EMH at HS, so we have an early morning plans to rope drop SDD!

FastPass+ Sunday, Hollywood Studios
10:55 Toy Story Mania!
1:10 RnR Coaster
6:40 ToT

A mid-day break will be needed after such an early morning, and the plan will be to go hang at the Poly and grab drinks at Trader Sams prior to returning to HS later in the evening.

StitchSNK

Original Poster
Monday July 29 - Animal Kingdom - Set Record for Riding Expedition Everest the Most in One Day

EMH at Animal Kingdom today! How many times can I ride EE before the end of the day? Will my ride photos show up in MDE?

FastPass+ Monday, Animal Kingdom
9:10 Expedition Everest
4:20 Flight of Passage
7:35 Killimanjaro Safari

Operation convince hubby we should invest in DVC still in effect.

StitchSNK

Original Poster
Tuesday July 30 - Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious - EPCOT

Beginning our morning (8:25AM) with ADR at 1900 Park Fare, a first for both of us. I'm a huge Mary Poppins fan so this will be special!

FastPass+ Tuesday, EPCOT
10:55 Soarin'
11:55 Mission: SPACE (Orange, of course)
4:25 Spaceship Earth

New things we'd like to try: Behind the Seeds tour

Definitely will be staying for IllumiNATIONS! Will we be able to snag a FP+ viewing spot?

StitchSNK

Original Poster
Friday August 2 - Sailing Away! - Fitting in Bonus Rides

We will pack up this morning, get our disembarkation time for the DCL bus to Port Canaveral, and head to EPCOT to try to fit in some morning rides.

FastPass+ Friday, EPCOT
9:10 Test Track
10:15 Nemo

We will meet up with the rest of my family aboard the Disney Dream!

StitchSNK

Original Poster
Friday August 2 - Monday August 5 - Disney Dream

Friday - Sailing Away!
Saturday - Nassau, Bahamas: No excursions planned. We will mot likely take advantage of a less crowded AquaDuck on board.
Sunday - Castaway Cay: I will run the Castaway 5k again! I'm really looking forward to the beach BBQ again. MMMM! Endless fruit and ice cream, as always!
Monday - Port Canaveral - Magic Kingdom

I will keep an ice cream cone count...how many will I eat?

StitchSNK

Original Poster
Monday August 5 - Final Disney World Day - Magic Kingdom with the Family

I won't be able to secure any FastPass+ reservations until the 30 day out mark for this day as we are departing that evening for home. We will join my parents and brother in Magic Kingdom and soak in every magical moment!

We have a rental car today. MCO departure time is 9:31PM.

Captain Barbossa

New things we'd like to try: the POTC treasure map game around Adventureland
You should absolutely do it! It's a lot of fun and the special effects are really cool! Depending on how crowded Adventureland is, you can complete a map in about 10mins. Also, if you complete 2 maps you'll get a free FP for POTC.

cfry06

Sounds like a wonderful trip!! We were bit by the cruise bug a few years ago, and we are hooked! Still love the parks, but those ships...sigh :inlove:.

We love the convenience of BWV to Epcot! And just a fun area to be staying in!

I second to try the Pirate maps! They move quick, and were surprisingly a lot of fun!

Look forward to following along!

StitchSNK

Original Poster
You should absolutely do it! It's a lot of fun and the special effects are really cool! Depending on how crowded Adventureland is, you can complete a map in about 10mins. Also, if you complete 2 maps you'll get a free FP for POTC.
Awesome! Thank you for the information. It makes me even more excited to try it! My husband will really enjoy this too.

Sounds like a wonderful trip!! We were bit by the cruise bug a few years ago, and we are hooked! Still love the parks, but those ships...sigh :inlove:.

We love the convenience of BWV to Epcot! And just a fun area to be staying in!

I second to try the Pirate maps! They move quick, and were surprisingly a lot of fun!

Look forward to following along!
I am hooked on DCL! We will be booking next years trip while on board, most definitely.

Having stayed at the Beach Club last year, the convenience of being so close to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios is such a huge perk for me. While Wilderness Lodge is on my list of resorts I'd like to stay at, it'll be a hard sell to not come back to the boardwalk area.

Thanks for following along! 37 days to go!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom