sea world and busch garden

brer big bear

Account Suspended
Original Poster
i was just wondering i never been to sea world or busch gardens so i want to know is it a good place to go or is it just talk about how good it is. some pros and cons will be help full. thanks:lookaroun

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Can you try and post in the right forum please. I have moved this post to the Sea World board.

Disney4648

I love Busch Gardens!
They have many great steel and wooden rollercoasters such as the kumba,montu,and the gwazi. They have 3 water rides,stanley falls, Congo River Rapids, and Kanyakiganyi Wave. They have great shows as well as a safari and many shops.

jcmayid

Busch Gdns is great! We just got back from WDW last night. (Our Season Passes expire this month! :cry: ) and going to Busch Gdns the last wknd of this month. They have this thing now where you buy an entrance ticket at regular price & you go as many times as you want for free till Dec.!!! Offer ends April 30th I believe. We are going both days of the wknd. The park is HUGE. And since we can go back in anyway we're going to split it & do 1/2 one day and 1/2 the next day. :)

mej

I must say that I love SeaWorld. It is always the first park that we visit as you don't need a full day to see it and it is relatively easy to do everything. My kids love Shamu (especially at night), Journey to Atlantis is great and Kraken is fabulous. We all love the mime artist at the Sea Lion and Otter Show too!!

markymark

I absolutely love Seaworld. I really do.

BUT despite the fact Busch Gardens does have some great rides, I personally think the place is absolutely awful, and if it is rides you are after, you can go to IOA. My main gripe is with the staff (and yes I know IOA staff aren't brilliant compared with Disney CM's) but the staffat BG are just dreadful. Their attitude stinks,they are so unhelpful and everything is a chore to them. I would have thought it was a "one off" but I went twice and both times they were just crap.

I personally am just not prepared to drive for an hour and haf for that.

tenchu

Last time i went to busch gardens it rained all day, there were big queues on the big rides, and unless you're a coaster fan...

Seaworld is brilliant though.

woofboy111

Originally posted by markymark
I absolutely love Seaworld. I really do.

BUT despite the fact Busch Gardens does have some great rides, I personally think the place is absolutely awful, and if it is rides you are after, you can go to IOA. My main gripe is with the staff (and yes I know IOA staff aren't brilliant compared with Disney CM's) but the staffat BG are just dreadful. Their attitude stinks,they are so unhelpful and everything is a chore to them. I would have thought it was a "one off" but I went twice and both times they were just crap.

I personally am just not prepared to drive for an hour and haf for that.

I've noticed that the universal staff has gotten a lot better. They used to be just as bad as BG, but now, I'd compare them to disney.

At BG and Sea world, ignore the staff if you're deciding if it's a good park or not, because it'll bring down what you think of the park. BG is a big park, but there isn't really much to do there. You could see the whole park in less than a day, and there aren't any themed rides besides from Rhino Rally (anyone have pictures of this ride. My annual pass expired a month before they started soft openings of this ride, so I didn't get to see it).

Sea world is has the same rude staff, with less rides. (only3) Personally, I like this park better, just for the reason that I like the ocean and Kracken is great...

Figment1986

I say Go to BGT,(Busch Gardens Tampa). I live right near by and have a surfin safari gold pass. (2 year, Busch gardens/adventure island pass) I love the park, though has been getting kinda boring, I used to go every weekend. BGT has wonderful coasters, Montu, Kumba, Skorpion, and Gwazi. I love Quazi, the wooden one, I sit in the frount row on both sides every time i go. Montu, the inverted one, i sit in second row. anyway You should go. But Sea World Orlando is also good, though it doesn't have many rides, mostly marine shows.

My opinion anyway, it would be up to you...

spagmoid

Account Suspended
Busch Gardens is a place for rides, not atmosphere. It's just like a 6 Flags as far as I'm concerned. Except maybe a little cleaner.

I have to differ about Sea World - there is nothing fantastic about it. There are 3 good things - Kraken, Atlantis, & Shamu - and some of the animals are interesting. There are many things that suck about it - the employees are rude, the sky tower is awful (dirty scratched glass, and it actually costs EXTRA), a couple of the shows like the sea lions & water skiing could be REALLY cool, but instead the writing is so bad and dumb that it ruins the whole show - big time! This is a real disappointment because if the writing didn't make me want to hurl it would give this park several good attractions and make it worth a day's admission.

How these big companies can have such a cool thing and be so apathetic to certain parts of design and maintenance is sad.

Disney4648

Never been to SeaWorld. I think Busch Gardens is a great park. i just got my annual fun cards (annual passes) yesterday for $40 a piece. The park has many animal exhibits,rollercoasters,water rides and much more....it is a really cool park!

Disney4648

Oh and by the way, they do not have a fastpass or express system. Ride next to busch gardens is Adventure islands, a reall cool water park. Busch Gardens got a new attaction called Rhino Rally.

disneyfan123

Sea World

I absolutely love Sea World. The rides: Kraken, Journey To Atlantis and Wild Arctic (can we class that as a ride???) are all fantastic. The animal exhibits are extremely informative. i recommend going to see the Shamu Show both during the day and at night (truly spectacular!). At the Cove you can feed and touch dolphins. And the sealion and dolphins show are hilarious!!!!

Busch Gardens is 1 and a half hours away from the centre of Orlando and is very much just about the rides. They are fantastic but there is not much else to do there. I do not think it is worth going there when u can stay in Orlando and visit Universal Studios and the IOA's!!

Hope that helps

:hammer: :rolleyes: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom