SE Coaster

WDWfan2209

Original Poster
I remember reading posts about people saying that there would be no coaster ever in SE. But now it makes sense. Disney wants to draw more people to Epcot. They want it to be some thrill and not all educational. -WDWfan2209

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Michael72688
I could tell you that thrills would gets tons more people into Epcot, including my self

You could tell the owners of Islands of Adventure that, as well, and they'd say that's wrong...a coaster does not belong here; I do not see it happening. Disney will build a Soarin' attraction in the park first.

NO! NO! DO NOT TAKE AWAY MY S.E.!:mad: :mad:

If they do, I will look for the entire ride (like they sold the horizons track and cars) and I will rebuild it in my backyard!

No, but really. What is Epcot without spaceship earth?

TOMORROWS CHILD, FOR THE FUTURE WORLD IS BORN TODAY....:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

(censoring foul language, please stand by)

OK!!!! Seems they are hell bent on destroying anything remotely Epcot so why not just go ahead and change the name of the park too.. Like Disney's Land of Thrills, or Disney's Land of Crap.. something creative like that..

(censoring foul language, please stand by)

GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katherine

What's there to learn on a rollercoaster? I mean isn't all of epcot suppose to be "educational"? What can you learn going 30mph and feeling G's? I really hope they don't do a rollercoaster in SE. It would be so sad to see that happen IMHO.

kennyj29

I need to take a survey here. If they put a roller coaster in Epcot, would that prevent anyone from going? I mean I hear all the time about "they better not change spaceship earth". What would you do if they did. I know everyone would still be curious about what the changes were. They would have to go see them. I'm not trying to be snotty (really I'm not) because I love a lot of things that were taken down already but I still go. We can voice our opinions (that's what this forum is all about) but in reality, would it stop anyone from going. We love the countries, the restaurants, and we still have a few favorites in Future World but if they changed the whole thing in future world, would it honestly make you stay away? We always go for at least 10 days and it still is a different place to visit@! I know a lot of people who aren't thrilled with Animal Kingdom ( I happen to love it) but they still go. Space ship earth is getting old, the ride vehicles are THE MOST UNCOMFORTABLE ones in Disney. To just update it , would still make it old. They have to change it (I don't think a coaster would be appropriate) but I still would go. Be honest, I really would like your opinion. Would you still go no matter what?

WDWspider

Originally posted by kennyj29
I need to take a survey here. If they put a roller coaster in Epcot, would that prevent anyone from going? I mean I hear all the time about "they better not change spaceship earth". What would you do if they did. I know everyone would still be curious about what the changes were. They would have to go see them. I'm not trying to be snotty (really I'm not) because I love a lot of things that were taken down already but I still go. We can voice our opinions (that's what this forum is all about) but in reality, would it stop anyone from going. We love the countries, the restaurants, and we still have a few favorites in Future World but if they changed the whole thing in future world, would it honestly make you stay away? We always go for at least 10 days and it still is a different place to visit@! I know a lot of people who aren't thrilled with Animal Kingdom ( I happen to love it) but they still go. Space ship earth is getting old, the ride vehicles are THE MOST UNCOMFORTABLE ones in Disney. To just update it , would still make it old. They have to change it (I don't think a coaster would be appropriate) but I still would go. Be honest, I really would like your opinion. Would you still go no matter what?

To answer your question easily.... you would lose all long term repeat guests. (I will not be returning to AK this next time dispite having enough time to do so) What's the point if the part goes away from a Unique experience into just a well themed high tech thrill ride park. People from all over the World spend good money to travel to Disney to eperience what they always offered and have offered up until recently. People will go for curiousity for a bit, but the original target audience of EPCOT will be severly Cut.

A coaster as most of you are suggesting will be a much shorter term fix... much like Dino-rama. More long term investments need to be developed and made. JII, California Adventure, and Dino-rama are all examples of this. If you don't believe me just wait a bit and you'll see. SE IS the pace setter attraction for the park. If they make it too much thrill, the whole park will suffer. Why travel somewhere to ride things typical with just a new twist... AA's are still highly unique to WDW, that was a big draw. Ambience is another... that is beginning to change a lot at EPCOT.

I agree that many attractions are, or were worn out at EPCOT and need to be fixed, but Living Seas and Wonders of Life need more attention, instead they change JII and SE? Something odd about that. Hopefully this will not be a ride like many of the youth on the board seem to be thinking. As someone said before... MK is the place for variety attractions, EPCOT is a Experimental park (and in that sense Test Track and M:S fit), AK is an Animal Park, and MGM is overall a show park.

I have faith that SE's redo will not be what we fear, but any form of a coaster in there really sets a different mindset in everyone. Maybe since 9-11 Disney wants to appeal more to local markets and less to broad overseas, but I don't think so. WDW has too much potential to offer everyone World Wide.

A subject like this is just too incredible hard to discuss appropriately in a Discussion Forum. Too many hot subjects and concerns that could only be addressed at the moment. BTW.. EPCOT is still the second highest attendence park, so what does that tell you.

It tells you the restaurants are awesome. :lol: (but that's not all)

PaisleyMF

One of the things that made EPCOT what it is was the innoventions on it. The way we should look at our future and learn from it, Remember the Aladdin Carpet Ride preview at EPCOT, what it became was a great virtual ride (see Disney Quest). Innoventions, and Communicore before it was a place to understad where we are and where we are heading. EPCOT is a 20 years old park with some here and there changes, most of them after 10 or 15 years of been.

I know because i miss the most Horizons, the old JII, even Captain EO, but lets face it there is a whole new generation that has grown upon us, the learnd to use computers at 2 (even at 1 in some cases) the play wih video games at 4, what the will learn in a ride like SE that is so slow and so OLD, it may be a coaster it may be a simulator (imagine a ride like Spiderman or Back to the future on it) the stucture will still be called SE but with a new way to see the future.

EPCOT was desing no to grow but to re invent, try to be up to date.

AND THAT'S MY HUMBLE OPINION I COULD BE WRONG

WDWspider

I agree with that except... be innovative. (Not Spider-man or BttF subpar) Cater to all and do great new things once again. We are talking the same talk, just not seeing the answer the same.

dreamer

Originally posted by Michael72688
I could tell you that thrills would gets tons more people into Epcot, including my self

They may gain a few, but they'd lose a lot more. Thrill rides are a dime-a-dozen nowadays. You can find them within a few hours drive of almost anywhere in the country.

You can't find Epcot anywhere in the world but Epcot.

So if you'd rather go to the closest Six Flags I'm sure Disney will survive without you.

Terp02

I think that the best thing they can do is this: Redo the whole thing, but keep the same concept!

It's not that hard to do, yes it'd take about 2 years, but honestly, if they do it right, SE will still be the centerpiece of Epcot. A coaster is not necessary, an overhaul with the same intial design is. Of course this is not going to happen, because Eisner has become a money-grubbing wh*re.

disneyfamily

Hey this is a great plan, we can tear everything down and put a rollercoaster in its place. Cinderella's Castle will now be known as Cinderella's Screamin Death. If MGM ever decides to settle on an iconic structure wether it be the water tower , big pointy hat, or fu-mancus theatre, we can tear that down and build a rollercoaster. Rollercoasters everywhere I say. They could tear down the monorail and we could ride rollercoasters everywhere. No more trams in the parking lot, soon we'll have rollercoaster to take us from the gate to the Dopey parking lot.

Shhhhh...hear that ? Its Walt spinning

WDWspider

Originally posted by dreamer
You can't find Epcot anywhere in the world but Epcot.

That is the best Truth out there. EPCOT is just like Tigger... the only one. Don't make it common to pull in new crowds. Keep it special, there will never be another park like it. I have faith that the term "coaster" may be something else though... not sure what. I know Dollywood has a coaster with AA's through parts of it... so maybe Disney has some great new idea that will minus the height restricting drops and fast curves of a typical coaster.

WDWspider

Originally posted by disneyfamily
Rollercoasters everywhere I say. They could tear down the monorail and we could ride rollercoasters everywhere.

You so need to get in contact with Six Flags. The Monorail Coaster Idea is money in the bank.

Actually I have made some very high speed monorails on roller coaster tycoon, given enough of a hill... :lol:

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by spider-man
I agree with that except... be innovative. (Not Spider-man or BttF subpar) Cater to all and do great new things once again. We are talking the same talk, just not seeing the answer the same.

Whoooooa little doggies...

Spaceship Earth needs a change...maybe not a "CHANGE" in ride...but definitely a rehab. (No, a coaster is NOT the way to go).

There is a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day...and I will keep this belief until an official press release is given stating that SE will become a coaster. (Ok, so there wasn't a great big beautiful tomorrow for JII...because that day just cast a big gray cloud over "tomorrow" but then it cleared up a little bit).

(Cough...back to that "Structural" dilemma...cough)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom