Scottish Independence

eddiemcgarrigle

Original Poster
So, in the event of the breaking up of the United Kingdom what do you think will happen to the UK Pavilion in Epcot? Granted, nothing about it screams Scotland anyway so I feel it will simply be renamed England. Thoughts?

tor29c

The United Kingdom will still exist just without the inclusion of Scotland. Wales, England, and Northern Ireland will continue to be "united". Looking forward to reading about the results, especially the level of participation. 97% of eligible voters have registered to vote. I hope the number who vote are close to that number. Wish I could be there to witness all of it!

Cmdr_Crimson

There will be a Scotland bathroom...

Ooooh Oooh Let's call it The Loch Ness Bathroom....There's always Monsters in there!
vlcsnap-2012-05-03-11h26m47s2382.png

ABQ

Outside of food, only presence I've seen of Scotland is an ugly white and green miniature football (soccer ball) with the Celtic FC name and logo for sale in a shop. Yuck!

FerretAfros

When the park opened in 1982 the real world had East Germany and West Germany, yet World Showcase just had plain old unified Germany. Even if there were overtly Scottish elements in the pavilion, I doubt that they would do much of anything to reflect the political events

(And don't get me started on the African Outpost. As if people needed another excuse to act like Africa is a single country...)

SilentWindODoom

personally, I don't see a Scottish presence in the UK pavilion

The only overtly Scottish reference I've seen is the Scottish flag on a shield in a shop window, shown with the other flags that make up the Union Jack.

The heraldry shop also sells Scottish coats of arms on merchandise. For that matter, now that I think about it aren't there also a lot of ROI merchandize around? I'm not sure myself, but it wouldn't surprise me.

John Stamos

All they'd need to do is take out any Scottish symbols, merchandise, flags, etc. The UK would still be the UK, just excluding Scotland. It wouldn't be renamed England... Wales and Northern Ireland would still be in the union. And, like others have said, I don't think that the presence of Scotland is very noticeable in the pavilion.

SilentWindODoom

I'd mentioned it earlier as a supposition but I can't really remember for sure. Does the pavilion have any Republic of Ireland mercy or decorations?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom