Scored a giant amount of Disney books! Now what?

Soarin' Over Pgh

Original Poster
Maaaaaan.

I hit up Half Price Books recently and SCORED big time- in the "clearance" section I found more than two dozen Disney books (they're not Golden Books but similar, I'll post a photo when I get home from work) for ... 25 cents each. Needless to say, they ...all.. followed me home. Starting to think I have a book addiction.

I've been staring at them and trying to decide what I want to do. Scrapbook bait? Handmade cards and envelopes? I have a few ideas but nothing totally solid. Two weeks ago I decorated a wreath with pages from an old, beat up copy of Isaac Asimov's "Foundation" so I don't want to re-do the wreath idea...

What have you done with old books?

(also, post #1000, woohoo!)

sweetpee_1993

The Cinderella & Sleeping Beauty ones on the front row I'd love to have. I had those when I was little and loved them. You selling any?

You can always use them to upcycle into journals. You can also use the colorful pages to make envelopes. Also, decoupage. The hard covers can be used to make handbags (fabric lining, sides, & bottom). Trying to think of other upcycle projects.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Original Poster
I'm really not sure!

I'm a tally thinking about making some tables coasters... A test run, at least, with one of the bigger books, since I noticed there's a few scribbles and the name written in them.

I'll let you know about those two :)

Do you have young kids?

Nope! One dog who likes being read to (or mumbled to, sung to, as long as you're petting her ears) and a cat who is plotting to rule the world and could care less about a book.

NiarrNDisney

Maybe you could donate them to a teacher that teaches small kids? I just gave about a dozen + Roald Dahl books to a 3rd grade teacher I know, I figured her students would enjoy them as much as I did when I was a kid and again as an adult when I decided to read them over for memory sake.

MOXOMUMD

Maaaaaan.

I hit up Half Price Books recently and SCORED big time- in the "clearance" section I found more than two dozen Disney books (they're not Golden Books but similar, I'll post a photo when I get home from work) for ... 25 cents each. Needless to say, they ...all.. followed me home. Starting to think I have a book addiction.

I've been staring at them and trying to decide what I want to do. Scrapbook bait? Handmade cards and envelopes? I have a few ideas but nothing totally solid. Two weeks ago I decorated a wreath with pages from an old, beat up copy of Isaac Asimov's "Foundation" so I don't want to re-do the wreath idea...

What have you done with old books?

(also, post #1000, woohoo!)
Have you thought about making Disney Christmas cards?

pumpkin7

I used to have some of those too. How lovely.
I suppose it depends on whether you want to keep them like that or upcycle the pages using something old that you're bored with and want to cover?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom