scooter rentals

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlaeromech

I know there are many that don't like these scooters in the parks but my dad is going to try to go with us this year and he has stage 4 cancer and can't get around well. He wouldn't last 2 hours on his feet. Does anyone know how you rent these scooters and about how much they cost.

Thanks, I will walk in front to make sure he doesn't run over anyones toes! :)

smk

I know there are many that don't like these scooters in the parks but my dad is going to try to go with us this year and he has stage 4 cancer and can't get around well. He wouldn't last 2 hours on his feet. Does anyone know how you rent these scooters and about how much they cost.

Thanks, I will walk in front to make sure he doesn't run over anyones toes! :)
Rent one at the front gate of any park or call and rent one to be delivered to your resort. If you rent one at the park he has to leave it at the park, if you rent from an outside agency (sorry I have no link) he can take it back to the resort and use it there as well. That way he can get to the food court and out and about if he feels up to it and save his energy. I hope you all have a wonderful time.

Upvote 0

oakback

Thanks for the info! I'm going with my father-in-law, and bringing his wheelchair. But just in case it's good to know there's another option.

Upvote 0

DisneyGirl10

I rented a scooter twice last year when I was pregnant with twins (I hope that that counts as a "valid" reason to rent one!).

I would suggest renting a scooter from a company off Disney property. In the parks, I think they are somewhere around $60 a day. We rented one and it was only $15 a day and it was wonderful! I would not have been able to take my 2 year old to Disney without it because I couldnt get around easily, being pregnant with twins!

Upvote 0

dznygirl64

I rented a scooter twice last year when I was pregnant with twins (I hope that that counts as a "valid" reason to rent one!).

I would suggest renting a scooter from a company off Disney property. In the parks, I think they are somewhere around $60 a day. We rented one and it was only $15 a day and it was wonderful! I would not have been able to take my 2 year old to Disney without it because I couldnt get around easily, being pregnant with twins!
Yes you where granted a pass:king:

Upvote 0

lovepooh

You know I have to say I am offened by the FAT remark. Not everyone that is overweight or FAT is because they stuff their mouth! However being that said I am what you would call FAT and I rent a scotter not because I don't want to walk but I have a slipped Disk in my spine that makes it extremely painful to walk for more then an hr. Its not laziness.
Not every person that looks healthy doesn't have a valid reason. I would
keep that in mind.

Upvote 0

nemofinder22

If you rent one from the parks its $45.00 plus a $20.00 deposit per day. If you park hop return the scooter at that park and get your $20.00 deposit back and hold on to your receipt and contract, at the next park show your contract and receipt and pay another $20.00 deposit and you'll once again get it back upon returning the scooter.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I believe the OP's question about how to rent a scooter has been answered. Any further comments would be about why someone rents one.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom