Scooter Rental Question

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
Hello, all. During past trips we have been able to get away with renting an electric scooter for one of my family members once we entered the parks. Unfortunately, for this summer’s trip, due to a deteriorating knee condition, it looks like we are going to need a scooter for the entire trip, including to get around the resort. I was wondering if anyone could give me a little guidance as to how and where to rent an electric scooter such that it is waiting for us when we check in and it can be used everywhere throughout our trip.

Thanks very much in advance!

RememberWhen

Disney partnered with scooterbug. I haven’t used them, but I think (please someone else chime in here) that they’re the only ones who can leave a scooter at bell services. Other companies can deliver to the resort but you need to arrange a time to meet them.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
Disney partnered with scooterbug. I haven’t used them, but I think (please someone else chime in here) that they’re the only ones who can leave a scooter at bell services. Other companies can deliver to the resort but you need to arrange a time to meet them.
Thank you so much for that info! Really appreciated!

mpoppins217

It was in November 2019 when I used them but I had a really great experience using Buena Vista Scooters. They were so helpful and friendly. Quick to respond to questions. But like mentioned above you do have to meet them to pick up and drop off your scooter so it won't just be waiting for you; however, that did not impact my trip and worked out great for us.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
It was in November 2019 when I used them but I had a really great experience using Buena Vista Scooters. They were so helpful and friendly. Quick to respond to questions. But like mentioned above you do have to meet them to pick up and drop off your scooter so it won't just be waiting for you; however, that did not impact my trip and worked out great for us.
Thank you for that suggestion!

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
WE used Scooter Bug last time. We were in Studios and my Dad noticed that the scooter was losing power--at 11:00 he was in the "yellow zone." I called them when we were waiting for our table at 50's Prime Time. They were there with a new scooter before our food arrived. I couldn't have asked for better service.
That’s great to hear, thanks!

Smiley/OCD

To the OP, I don't know if your relative owns an ECV, but if they do, most airlines (at least Spirit) will fly the ECV down with you for free...I bought a new ECV from Spin Life.com...they can be purchased starting at about 800.00...I spent 1200.00 for mine, but it has an 18 mile range...PERFECT for WDW...it also disassembles for easy transport. If you're going to spend almost 300.00 for one week, 800.00 is not a bad investment, especially if their situation is getting worse.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
To the OP, I don't know if your relative owns an ECV, but if they do, most airlines (at least Spirit) will fly the ECV down with you for free...I bought a new ECV from Spin Life.com...they can be purchased starting at about 800.00...I spent 1200.00 for mine, but it has an 18 mile range...PERFECT for WDW...it also disassembles for easy transport. If you're going to spend almost 300.00 for one week, 800.00 is not a bad investment, especially if their situation is getting worse.
Thank you for the suggestion, much appreciated!

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Thank you for the suggestion, much appreciated!
We actually planned on being down for 3 weeks in January. We found a company selling them for a few dollars more than the 3 week rental. Long story short we stayed about 6 weeks so I was glad we just bought one of their used ones. My wife won't be having her hip replacement for another 6 months so we are enjoying using it away from Disney.

Just curious, Are the scooters you rent offsite any faster than Disney's? I'm not trying to do fast and furious through the parks. I don't want to hurt anyone. But they are painfully slow at times. Especially if you're going up a significant incline.

Smiley/OCD

Just curious, Are the scooters you rent offsite any faster than Disney's? I'm not trying to do fast and furious through the parks. I don't want to hurt anyone. But they are painfully slow at times. Especially if you're going up a significant incline.
The offsite scooters MIGHT be a mile or two/hour faster, but the advantages are: you can take them back to your resort and they're MUCH more maneuverable that the park ones, lighter and not as "klunky"...kinda like comparing a decent auto to a AMC Pacer...

Hcalvert

We used Scooter Bug in June for my dad. We chose the one that comes apart that can easily be transported in the vehicle. He had no problems with it and the bonus of going with this company is that they drop off and pick up at a Disney resort.

TTA94

We used Scooter Bug in June for my dad. We chose the one that comes apart that can easily be transported in the vehicle. He had no problems with it and the bonus of going with this company is that they drop off and pick up at a Disney resort.

Was it the Resort Lite? How was the battery life? Thinking of doing this for a family member. Need it to fit in the back of a trailblazer.

Simba's Mom

I used Gold Mobility for my scooter rental for my February trip. $179 for a week's rental. You have to meet them for delivery and pickup, but they will work with you to schedule times that work for you.
Another VERY satisfied Gold Mobility customer. Yes, they can't leave your scooter-you must meet them-but let me tell you how it worked for me, then you can decide what's convenient. They texted me the night before, then we texted when I got to MCO. When the DME bus arrived at the resort, I sat on the nearest bench, texted them, and about 10 minutes later they arrived with my scooter and answered any questions I had. A few years ago, I went with a company that left my scooter for me at bell services. But when I went to get it, my key had been lost, so I had to wait while they found another key "that will work for you." That took about 1/2 hour. MUCH prefer Gold Mobility.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
An average mobility scooter like the Pride Victory will get you 10 to 12 hours of use. If you are going to be out longer than that, it never hurts to plug it in for a quick charge while you eat.

pj4963

Hello, all. During past trips we have been able to get away with renting an electric scooter for one of my family members once we entered the parks. Unfortunately, for this summer’s trip, due to a deteriorating knee condition, it looks like we are going to need a scooter for the entire trip, including to get around the resort. I was wondering if anyone could give me a little guidance as to how and where to rent an electric scooter such that it is waiting for us when we check in and it can be used everywhere throughout our trip.

Thanks very much in advance!
We rented a scooter from Buena Vista Scooter rental this June They were great and good value. Will bring to hotel and pick up. Good experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom