Scooter at CBR

mamabunny

Typically, folks who need a scooter also need other accommodations for mobility purposes. In our case, one of our family members requires a scooter and a roll-in shower, because of mobility issues. I don't know about every resort, but I do know that at POFQ and POR, all of the roll-in showers are on ground level.

If the person who will be using the scooter can't climb stairs, you definitely need to contact reservations and let them know. They should be able to help accommodate that need.

R W B

Is there a way to guarantee a ground floor at CBR if needed for scooter purposes?
(Since there are no elevators)
If you haven't made reservations yet just tell them when you do book. If you are already booked though call them ASAP and let them know. Don't wait til you get there. My fiancé's dad needs a ground floor room and we've never had an issue while booking.

mamabunny

Yes! What RWB said - above all, DON'T WAIT - call reservations BEFORE you arrive. Each resort has a limited number of first floor rooms with accommodations; and even with standard rooms obviously there are a finite number of first floor rooms, so the sooner you call, the better!

TaraDash

I will reiterate what the others have said: call ASAP. It is one thing the CM's look for when placing guests into rooms. Ground Floor requests are taken seriously. If it isn't requested until you walk in, it may not be there, not something anyone wishes to hear but it is sadly the truth. So the sooner the better! :D

MinnieWaffles

We requested a ground floor room as my mother used a scooter last trip and it was happily given to us after we requested it on online check-in.

She parked it between the window and table and chairs so it could be plugged in to charge overnight with no problems.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom