Say NO To Genie+ PETITION

lebeau

Same. Didn't like going to WDW because of all the ridiculous pre-planning.
The pre-planning was over the top even for a pre-planner like me. But also, I have maybe one Disney trip left in me if that. We haven't been since 2014. We discovered Universal and EP. For what we spend at Disney, we can stay at a nicer hotel and have unlimited EP. There are trade-offs, sure. But Disney didn't offer anything comparable. Now, Genie+ is no unlimited EP and it's not a free perk in the deluxe hotels. But it is an opportunity to spend a little more to make that one-time or infrequent trip a little more memorable.

Will I go back to Disney? Probably not. But if I do, you bet I'll be shelling out for Genie+ or whatever paid line reservation system they have in place when I go.

LaughingGravy

No it isn't. MaxPass at DLR was almost exclusively for top tier rides. The plan that's comparable in cost to MaxPass is for everything EXCEPT the top tier rides.
We enjoyed Maxpass at DL for IaSW and other rides, anything that had a FP line. Granted to us, IaSW is a top tier ride any time. It was a bright sunny day, so it was nice to not have to wait in line for that. To not include the top tier rides for the Genie+ add on is really sleazy.
If they (ha ha ha ha ha), wait let me catch my breath.🤣 ha ha Ha ...whew!) lowered the admission price...oh never mind.

lebeau

Isn't Genie + just another level of preplanning on the day you visit.
There's a big difference between making decisions about what you want to do next vs. figuring out 60 days in advance how to work out your limited ride reservations around the dining reservations you made months earlier.

JMcMahonEsq

A founding concept for Disney is to do something so well that people will want to come back and see it again plus bring friends and family to also see it. Disney is now not doing things so well people want to come back (regardless of income level) dissatisfaction rather than satisfaction is occurring as for future generations there are other diversions the current generation will be introducing them to rather than Disney, that is unless Disney does a course correction.
And this is based on what? Besides personal opinion and some "yelling" back and forth on fanatic message boards, where do you see evidence that Disney is not doing things well, and that they are impacting attendance? Pre-Covid, attendance figures were steadily climbing, to the point that if anything, from a business standpoint it made sense to try and limit attendance growth, as "demand" was outpacing "supply." The parks and products division is already back being profitable after Covid, and during the latest shareholder/earnings call, it was reported that current reservations are above FQ3 numbers.

GimpYancIent

And this is based on what? Besides personal opinion and some "yelling" back and forth on fanatic message boards, where do you see evidence that Disney is not doing things well, and that they are impacting attendance? Pre-Covid, attendance figures were steadily climbing, to the point that if anything, from a business standpoint it made sense to try and limit attendance growth, as "demand" was outpacing "supply." The parks and products division is already back being profitable after Covid, and during the latest shareholder/earnings call, it was reported that current reservations are above FQ3 numbers.
Nice corporate presentation. Surprised its not accompanied w some charts and graphs. The whole need for "limit attendance growth" is crap Disney has consistently worked hard to over sell and pack its parks the crowds of the past were a brag point. The guests experience has steadily deteriorated over the last decade while corporate "business is business" has steadily worked to skim more money from the guests. No opinion or yelling just simple facts. Enter COVID19 and acting as a catalyst exacerbated the speed toward the possible failure. Profitability short term sure, long term, Disney needs to get a clue or the shareholder/earnings calls are not going to be good.

JMcMahonEsq

Nice corporate presentation. Surprised its not accompanied w some charts and graphs. The whole need for "limit attendance growth" is crap Disney has consistently worked hard to over sell and pack its parks the crowds of the past were a brag point. The guests experience has steadily deteriorated over the last decade while corporate "business is business" has steadily worked to skim more money from the guests. No opinion or yelling just simple facts. Enter COVID19 and acting as a catalyst exacerbated the speed toward the possible failure. Profitability short term sure, long term, Disney needs to get a clue or the shareholder/earnings calls are not going to be good.
So again, just to be clear, you have zero evidence. No facts, no downward trend in attendance, no loss in ticket sales or projects of loss in guest revenue. You just don't like it so it must be horrible for the future of the parks. Which makes sense considering you run a fortune 500 business, have access to all of the inside data on park attendance and spending, and have seen all the support and market research Disney has done in connection with their pricing changes. Makes total sense to me.

Ayla

This change to the Genie and Genie+ system is actually something that has us possibly thinking of WDW again in the next year or so, because it looks like we won't have the high stress level we did with the last version of FP.
I can only speak for myself, but having to stay up until midnight to purchase a product and then be up less than 7 hours later to be allowed to use said product doesn't say stress-free relaxing vacation to me.

Obviously, YMMV.

GimpYancIent

So again, just to be clear, you have zero evidence. No facts, no downward trend in attendance, no loss in ticket sales or projects of loss in guest revenue. You just don't like it so it must be horrible for the future of the parks. Which makes sense considering you run a fortune 500 business, have access to all of the inside data on park attendance and spending, and have seen all the support and market research Disney has done in connection with their pricing changes. Makes total sense to me.
Now I understand. You are an analyst. Yeah sure and you have facts? You have projections and possible trends. We have no conversation I wish you an excellent day.

Kamikaze

Isn't that what I posed? You have to plan your day around Genie availability
No, you don't. You work the availability into your day. Like you pick your next Genie+ ride for a time/area that you're already planning to be in. This is how it worked best at DLR. You don't have to do the opposite, where your 60 day out FP might be at 3:00, so you have to be in Tomorrowland at that time or you don't get to use it. This way, you pick a ride where you are going to be or want to do at that time.

In reality the best way to use it is to get the best combination of next available & closest, and as soon as you get it scanned, you get another one. This part is better at DLR because you have two full parks to switch between for attractions.

JMcMahonEsq

The whole 30 minute head start for on property resort guests is an insult, a joke, ridiculous and incentive for guests to look at staying off property at less cost for comparable if not better accommodations. An hour or two for on property resort guests (no ignoring off property guests sliding in) would be an incentive. Being able to set up fast passes up to 60 days ahead of a visit, yes, I hate on the fly, rush rush setting up of an itinerary. If I want on the fly, New York minute, face stuck in my phone and high stress I will just stay home already have that at less cost.
I actually agree with your comment that not being able set up FB 60 days out is a big drawback. I liked the idea of planning out my trip, and also liked the concept that the people who were willing to put in more time, and be organized benefited. And if you didn't want to put in the time and effort, well you got what was left over or you waited in line.

As to the incentive or not for staying on property, you only need to incentivize something when their is a lack of demand. Right now booking on site do not seem to be down. If anything it seems long term plans to add rooms are continuing.

ImperfectPixie

I actually agree with your comment that not being able set up FB 60 days out is a big drawback. I liked the idea of planning out my trip, and also liked the concept that the people who were willing to put in more time, and be organized benefited. And if you didn't want to put in the time and effort, well you got what was left over or you waited in line.

As to the incentive or not for staying on property, you only need to incentivize something when their is a lack of demand. Right now booking on site do not seem to be down. If anything it seems long term plans to add rooms are continuing.
There are a bunch of resorts still closed...can't forget that.

NocturnalSyren

If you took the time to actually read the petition @ http://chng.it/sVqTkwdJcz you would see that it calls for those who sign to boycott Genie+, precisely because you are right...we must make this bad decision cost the company to lose money before we completely lose the magic in Disney that is left.
Honestly you’d get much better traffic to your petition if you called attention to it from the Youtubers who actually agree with you. There are quite a few. They might even feature it in one of their videos. Also if you posted a link to this on Disney’s official videos about Genie Plus. There are literally thousands of down votes on those videos. A petition would garner attention.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom