Say NO To Genie+ PETITION

RaveOnEd

Quite honestly, this is basically the same as the Fastpass system Walt Disney World has had for over 22 years, except now they are going to charge for it and you get even less than you did with the free system, because the most popular rides won't even be included unless you pay even more. It is outrageous and we can't let this mindless grasping for profit continue.
Um, no it isn't the same as the Fastpass system, at least as it was when it was stopped a few years ago. The last version of FP was a stress-inducing, headache-causing, overwrought system that made what was a relaxing and ideal trip into one that had you plan every second of where you had to be and when. In fact, it became a factor in us not wanting to go back after we went in 2018.

The first version was the easiest, where you got your ticket to return to that ride at a certain time and after doing so, you could get a FP ticket at another ride. This enabled you to make choices during the day depending on what you wanted to do and when.

The last version forced you to be somewhere at a specific time, and so far in advance that if you wanted to change it closer to your trip, you had to stress over if you could get a time for the ride (and if you couldn't, chances were that someone who reserved that time wasn't going after all forgot to cancel their spot or something that prevented you from getting that time).

Your option then was to stand in a stand by queue (a demeaning term as it is, since you paid the same amount as everyone else in the park, no less) and watch a CM load multiple groups of FP holders in front of you, despite you standing in this stand by line for hours.

FP started as a good and logical system, and they built too much on it to where it was making what was a relaxing and fun trip into a stressful one.

It needed to be levelled and rebuilt, and if it has to be like this to keep too many people from taking advantage of it, then so be it. Go to Universal and tell them you want to have their FP type system for free since you're staying in a Universal resort other than the high end ones. In fact, theirs costs more per day per person (and even then is still a better system - you go to a separate line and get onto each ride asap, while they also allow people in the regular line to ride as well - because the CMs there know how to board rides).

This change to the Genie and Genie+ system is actually something that has us possibly thinking of WDW again in the next year or so, because it looks like we won't have the high stress level we did with the last version of FP.

disneygeek90

Quite honestly this is basically the same as maxpass in dl. Slightly higher cost and obviously the additional cost of the tier one rides. But just like with maxpass; you don't have to use it. Personally, I will get the genie+ but I won't be paying extra for the tier 1 rides.
Not quite, though. Unlike not having Maxpass, you were still able to obtain fastpasses for free. You just had to physically walk to the attraction to get a ticket. Now it's either have ability to book a fastpass on your phone, or standby.

Disney Analyst

Personally I wish it didn't matter to me. This will add $525 dollars to the ticket prices for us. And like has been said, you still need to pay more for the tier 1 rides. So add that in, on top of the already high admission price, equals a pretty big deal to some of us. And I know people will say "just don't get it then!" But I can't bring myself to still pay the astronomical price to go, for what as it stands right now, a hugely diminished experience. So I say good on ya. I do hope when you go you have a great time. You are who this system was designed for.

As far as the petition goes. It wouldn't matter if a hundred million people signed it. Disney knows that their customers are going to flood the gates anyway. Will this be the straw that breaks the back? I wouldn't bet on it. And you can count on this pricing structure being an introductory thing. It will get more expensive.

I will say that I do get it. I don’t have kids. It’s just me and my partner. Everything is just a bit easier and cheaper for us, sometimes I forget that perspective.

But I do sincerely think with this new system, most wouldn’t need to even have Genie+ for every day of their trip, pending how many days you have at each park.

AndyS2992

Meh, it’s my understanding that with few people actually paying for Genie+ in comparison to those that used Fastpass+, the standby line is gonna move a lot faster now so whilst disappointing, I’m not against it.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Perfectly happy with Genie+ and Lightning Lane as it has been presented. Anyone who thinks Fastpass+ wasn't monstrously and irreparably broken is kidding themselves. While we will all have to wait and see how Genie+ impacts things - it looks like a great way out of problems caused by FP+.

Honestly this isn't terribly different than FP+ was day of. That's why I am okay with it.

Sandurz

Perfectly happy with Genie+ and Lightning Lane as it has been presented. Anyone who thinks Fastpass+ wasn't monstrously and irreparably broken is kidding themselves. While we will all have to wait and see how Genie+ impacts things - it looks like a great way out of problems caused by FP+.
Honestly I think in a vacuum most people would be OK with Genie+/LL but they have a bunch of general feelings about the state of the company and resort and it's all coming out now, directed at Genie+.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
My plan of action:
1. Let my annual pass expire
2. Buy universal annual (hubby has been bugging me to do it anyway since he has one)
3. Focus on Disney Cruise Line
4. Go to the after hours parties/events next year and get my fix. I’d rather pay 150 dollars for those hours than pay an annual plus have to pay to not have an hour long wait for everything.

That’s how I’m feeling right now anyway.

scottb411

Disney has been raising prices for years and will continue to do so. There are winners and losers with Genie+ where the winners are families that visit Disney World once every 5-10 years that want to do all of the rides. An extra $300 for a 5-day trip for a family of four for more available front-of-the-line access than what has been available the last few years will be worth it. The losers will be AP holders that visit Disney World throughout the year like others visit the mall that have been able to get multiple fast passes with each visit for no additional costs. Genie+ will have a significant impact on AP visits for sure when it comes to the rides but maybe Disney will keep the costs lower for AP holders in future years to get more attendance at the restaurants, character experiences, and shops on property? The value of an AP has definitely decreased significantly with this change at their pre-covid costs.

Brian

The only way they back down on this is if they see a drastic drop in resort bookings and park reservations. Biden, the pope and Christ himself could sign the petition and they'd still go through with it.

SoFloMagic

i agree with this man.

what angers me most its that now there is 0 incentive to stay in a disney hotel.

Not true. They get early access to tier one purchases (7am vs Park open for normies). First opportunity to buy access to ROTR, tron, guardians, rat, and FOP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom