Saving Mr. Banks. Going to see it or not?

Scooter

While I Love the premise of the movie, I have seen the previews and to be honest, I just have a hard time dealing with Tom Hanks portraying Walt Disney. I am a big Tom Hanks fan but I can't get past his voice and looks in this film. I keep seeing him as Forrest Gump and the guy in the Movie who was stranded on the deserted Island. I'll probably rent the movie out of curiosity because I Love anything Disney, I doubt I'll see it in the theatre.

disney4life2008

While I Love the premise of the movie, I have seen the previews and to be honest, I just have a hard time dealing with Tom Hanks portraying Walt Disney. I am a big Tom Hanks fan but I can't get past his voice and looks in this film. I keep seeing him as Forrest Gump and the guy in the Movie who was stranded on the deserted Island. I'll probably rent the movie out of curiosity because I Love anything Disney, I doubt I'll see it in the theatre.

WOW someone else who thinks tom hanks is not all that! thank you.

I may go see it at the twilight time only because its disney but if not, i will wait until its on cable.

mr_braver23

Right there with you on this.

Cmdr_Crimson

The only thing that bothers me about this movie is the Exaggerated version of how Mickey looked in Disneyland in 1961..:banghead:
mickey-60.jpg

When he CLEARLY Looked like this in 1961....
Mickey.jpg

Last edited:

Marc Gil

Yeah, my family and I are definitely going to see this. I check Rotten Tomatoes almost daily to check out any new reviews. When I last checked, the overall rating was a 92%, which is considered "critical acclaim".

If it's bad (which I highly doubt) or amazing, I'm still seeing it!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I think it will be a really good movie. I don't know how I feel about Tom Hanks being Walt though. But finding a decent actor to portray him must have been difficult. I will reserve judgment though until I see it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom